KeyWe Trophy Thoughts

Ac3dUd3-

Is anyone picking this up? looks to be in the same vein as overcooked and a nice little co-op game!

Now just to find the mythical "friends" so I can play with someone!

The only trophies I see that may be annoying is earning postmaster on all levels and finding all collectibles

Solotimes aren't easier, decided to stay a team after a few tries and we managed to get some golds already. The extra levels are way easier than the mainlevels. 

Its kind of annoying that even in the campaign every level has a tutorial bc sometimes varies extremely.

Will take a lot of practice...

But its fun so far.

Not super far in yet-- have done about a week and a half of summer + a couple of the extra levels I believe. Personally found the main levels to not be too bad in terms of getting gold- the 1st one took a few goes but then the following levels my partner and I were able to determine our strategy and get the gold on the next levels after 1 or 2 tries. So I guess the actual difficulty might depend a bit on skill and on how well you can coordinate with your partner (but of course, I'm not too far so it could get harder from here). Overall a super fun game though, definitely recommend :)

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Deano1337 said:

Great game.  Enjoyed playing it but it seems the postmaster general trophy is bugged.  My partner and I have gotten postmaster on all levels, including the extra shift ones and it didn't pop

Whats the difficulty out of 10? how long does it take to platinum? Is solo harder than co op?

1 hour ago, Ac3dUd3- said:

Whats the difficulty out of 10? how long does it take to platinum? Is solo harder than co op?

I haven't quite finished the game yet but looks like postmaster general may be bugged, making the platinum unobtainable at the moment. Assuming it becomes obtainable at some point- maybe about 10 hrs or under? Depends how many tries you will need per level to get gold.

Difficulty could vary depending on whether you are going for co op or solo- and whether solo is harder or not depends on the quality of partner you have with you. I want to say maybe 5/10 based on some of the other comments but I don't often rate games on this metric so would be interested to hear other's thoughts.

Personally I think solo will be harder- I play with a partner but on quick observation solo seems to be overcooked style where playing solo you still have to play the 2 kiwis, and need to swap in between them. Based off of that I do feel co op is easier just because the two kiwis can be contributing to the levels at the same time. That doesn't make solo impossible however, and communication is really important if you play with a partner.

10 hours ago, Ac3dUd3- said:

I'd rate this a 4/10 personally.  I didn't struggle too much but it also requires your partner to understand the game too.  As much as I love mine she's not as attuned to gaming as I am lol.  Still though, with that being said, we were able to get Postmaster on every level after a few attempts.  First attempt was always understanding what we needed to do, and assign roles e.g. for thepacking levels I always moved the boxes while my partner did the letters.

There's one of the overtime shift levels that appears to be a bit buggy - I can't remember the name but its the one where you throw the snowballs at the birds.  My partners meter filled up about 3x slower than mine so we tried a different controller just in case it was that but the same issue occured.  I uninstalled the game and installed it fresh without the 1.004.000 update (I have the physical version) and it was so much faster, so I'd assume there will be a patch at some point to address that.

9 hours ago, igs63 said:

I haven't quite finished the game yet but looks like postmaster general may be bugged, making the platinum unobtainable at the moment. Assuming it becomes obtainable at some point- maybe about 10 hrs or under? Depends how many tries you will need per level to get gold.

Difficulty could vary depending on whether you are going for co op or solo- and whether solo is harder or not depends on the quality of partner you have with you. I want to say maybe 5/10 based on some of the other comments but I don't often rate games on this metric so would be interested to hear other's thoughts.

Personally I think solo will be harder- I play with a partner but on quick observation solo seems to be overcooked style where playing solo you still have to play the 2 kiwis, and need to swap in between them. Based off of that I do feel co op is easier just because the two kiwis can be contributing to the levels at the same time. That doesn't make solo impossible however, and communication is really important if you play with a partner.

Yes you're correct in that it's very similar to Overcooked for playing solo, and in my opinion the solo times are much harder due to having to control the 2 Kiwi's.  the plus side, is that if you get someone it makes it a lot easier.

On 07/10/2021 at 8:29 PM, Deano1337 said:

There's one of the overtime shift levels that appears to be a bit buggy - I can't remember the name but its the one where you throw the snowballs at the birds.  My partners meter filled up about 3x slower than mine so we tried a different controller just in case it was that but the same issue occured.  I uninstalled the game and installed it fresh without the 1.004.000 update (I have the physical version) and it was so much faster, so I'd assume there will be a patch at some point to address that.

I've found this to affect both of my controllers as well, meaning I basically can't complete the level with even a bronze score. Postmaster seems impossible at this stage. I also checked out the discord and saw some other people report the issue too. Seems to be a problem with some of the dualsense controllers, apparently. They're aware of this bug too at least and are trying to fix it.

Are you saying though that uninstalling the game and trying again without the update improved it?

Its really starting to irritate me how sloppy Sony has let the trophy system get over the past few years. Its started great on the PS3, the main tiles would pop at you when you'd hover over them. They were usually cut out designs that looked great. Then PS4 came and when the indie scene started hitting big I noticed Sony letting devs get sloppy with the naming convention. You'll see 'Trophies', or 'Trophy Set', or even worse 'Trophy set for X' at the end of games names. These were all minor things I looked passed, but then the PS5 comes out and they change the main game tiles completely to a square. I dont think this is a bad idea, but Sony and clearly some devs (look at this KeyWe game) dont know how to implement the list correctly. On PS5 its the worse, it looks cheap how the PS4 games are just compressed down into the smaller square thats clearly just meant for the PS5 games. Point is the trophy system has just gotten really lazy since the great days of the PS3. I know a very small portion of the community will care about this, but I just felt I needed to vent when I seen this. 

Edited by CB7Tuner91
  • Like 3

On 10/10/2021 at 4:29 AM, igs63 said:

I've found this to affect both of my controllers as well, meaning I basically can't complete the level with even a bronze score. Postmaster seems impossible at this stage. I also checked out the discord and saw some other people report the issue too. Seems to be a problem with some of the dualsense controllers, apparently. They're aware of this bug too at least and are trying to fix it.

Are you saying though that uninstalling the game and trying again without the update improved it?

Basically yea.  I uninstalled the game, pulled out my ethernet cable (so it wouldn't auto update) and played with V1 and the speed of the game was what it should have been.

3 hours ago, CB7Tuner91 said:

Its really starting to irritate me how sloppy Sony has let the trophy system get over the past few years. Its started great on the PS3, the main tiles would pop at you when you'd hover over them. They were usually cut out designs that looked great. Then PS4 came and when the indie scene started hitting big I noticed Sony letting devs get sloppy with the naming convention. You'll see 'Trophies', or 'Trophy Set', or even worse 'Trophy set for X' at the end of games names. These were all minor things I looked passed, but then the PS5 comes out and they change the main game tiles completely to a square. I dont think this is a bad idea, but Sony and clearly some devs (look at this KeyWe game) dont know how to implement the list correctly. On PS5 its the worse, it looks cheap how the PS4 games are just compressed down into the smaller square thats clearly just meant for the PS5 games. Point is the trophy system has just gotten really lazy since the great days of the PS3. I know a very small portion of the community will care about this, but I just felt I needed to vent when I seen this. 

It's ok man, gotta get it out <3 lol.  I get you though.  It feels like some devs are very lazy with trophies etc.  I have to admit glitched trophies urk me more than they should, but in this case at least it seems the devs are intending on fixing everything

Some levels take a lot of practice. Both players need to really be focused.

it’s got a few bugs. We got Postmaster (gold) on all levels but the Postmasters General trophy didn’t unlock, while the trophies for completing the Summer, Fall and Winter levels unlocks as soon as the last level is unlocked in each season (before playing it). The Z39 Soaring Auk Collectible is also glitched (at least on the PS4… we haven’t started the PS5 version yet).

The devs are aware of the bugs (same ones seem to have been reported and patched on Steam… the Switch version is also affected). A patch for the PS versions is apparently coming soon.

Great game. The bugs and glitches spur the experience a bit though.

While waiting for the patch, I’ll try get v1.0 of the game and see if the trophies are obtainable (I have v1.01 on the PS4).

• 4 weeks later...

I am quite annoyed about the snowball fight bug as well that ONLY affects the PS5.

They say they dotn want to lock the level to fix it to allow all players to have 'fun' on it but playstation players can't so its a moot point. Their discord is quiet and fans are angry on there regarding all of the bugs and the team being quiet. 

I'm not a dev but how hard can it be to fix these bugs. Im sure if they stop spewing the HR bullshit answers and just tell people straight they would be more inclined to wait patiently but they are handling this wrong.

Edited by Ac3dUd3-
  • Like 1

I've gotta agree. I'm still waiting for the snowball fight fix so that I can actually platinum this game. It's really cute and a fun experience for sure, but the amount of bugs that made it through on release is just a huge shame. They really should have held back on the release if they weren't ready, or found better testers because apparently these were all missed..

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Super sad to see that they really messed this trophy list up. I had this game on my wishlist for a pretty long time :-( always looking for cool couch coop games and this really looks promising. Don't understand why devs are so careless with trophy lists. I won't support this unless they fixed everything. 

Hope this will happen soon since the game might be very good.

This is their response regarding the broken Snowball Mission rendering this :platinum: unobtainable. on the fence about it. I can understand that they are a small team but its been like 3 months and i dont understand how they can say xbox and PS online issues are more important than the fact that a mission can not be played at all across any playstation.

Online is not more important IMO as it can be played couch co op offline

xEkWEYH.png

Edited by Ac3dUd3-

3 hours ago, HusKy said:

Would you guys recommend this for couch coop with non-gamer?

The game isnt so hard, but I think its quite hard to get postmaster on all levels cos the time is very limited, maybe a few tries.

Very Yes if casual play, lots of fun, anyway you can turn off the timer if its too hard. ?

• 3 weeks later...

I've been out of the 'KeyWe loop' for a while as got a little annoyed waiting, but was so glad to come back and see they've released some fixes. Can also confirm the snowball fight fix works and I was able to finally get the plat! :) 

For the forum, here's the summary of updates that they posted in the discord:

PS4
 - Fixed online issue where players in different regions couldn’t connect to one another.  

- The Z-39 Soaring Auk Collectible is now obtainable. 

- Fixed numerous online syncing issues.

- Fixed numerous localization issues.

PS5
- Fixed online issue where players in different regions couldn’t connect to one another.  

- The slingshots in the Snowball Fight! level have been recalibrated and will launch snowballs as intended. Let those cassowaries have it!  

- Fixed issue with earning the platinum trophy when gold medals have already been earned on all levels. 

Edited by igs63
  • Like 1