Uploading Vita Screenshots In 2021?

Flubberwunked

I need to upload a bunch of screenshots from my vita because I'm working on a gameplay guide, but I'm seriously losing my mind because there seems to be no way for me to upload my screenshots. This is such a big problem because I have no computer. 

The vita messaging system is down for good, so I can't send my screenshots that way and the emailing function is just broken. I've connected my Gmail account, but it won't send any e-mails. Is there no other option besides connecting your vita to a computer? I really want to get this guide done as soon as possible, but this issue is really halting my progress.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Flubberwunked said:

I need to upload a bunch of screenshots from my vita because I'm working on a gameplay guide, but I'm seriously losing my mind because there seems to be no way for me to upload my screenshots. This is such a big problem because I have no computer. 

The vita messaging system is down for good, so I can't send my screenshots that way and the emailing function is just broken. I've connected my Gmail account, but it won't send any e-mails. Is there no other option besides connecting your vita to a computer? I really want to get this guide done as soon as possible, but this issue is really halting my progress.

AFAIK, hooking your Vita up to a computer via USB and downloading the Content Manager program from the official website is the only way to transfer stuff off it :( .

• Like 4

8 hours ago, DaivRules said:

I never got the email to work with Gmail, but I did have it working with Yahoo mail. You could try that. I’ll test mine later and see if I can still get that to work. 

Or like was mentioned, PC is probably the only way to get them off the Vita. 

I'll make a Yahoo account today and see if I'm actually able to send anything. Thanks.

7 hours ago, PMV said:

If you’ve got a PS3 you can use the Content Manager to copy Vita screenshots to your PS3 then copy those again to a USB drive, unless I’m mistaken.

Yeah I can do that, but I can't do anything else. Those screenshots are just stuck on the USB without me bring able to upload them.

7 hours ago, Astray404 said:

Yesterday I was searching for this also. If you search psvita content manager on Google, there is a third-party content manager called qcma: https://codestation.github.io/qcma/

This one works well.

I went on that website and I was pretty confused lol. It was saying there was a download for Linux/Windows, which is making me think it's PC only, which is something I don't have unfortunately.

7 hours ago, diskdocx said:

How are you working on a guide without a PC? Like, what device are you using to create the guide? There may be a few other options, but the easiest way by far is content manager to a PC. 

You basically gotta endure the pain lol. I have a phone and a tablet, but I always use my tablet. Simple things such as changing the font or colour for some text takes twice as long. I've gotten used to how bad the guide making stuff works on my devices, but it being bad obviously isn't the fault of any of the owners/creators of this site.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

You may have to either borrow a laptop from someone or go to an internet cafe and use a computer there, if you can't upload those screenshots directly from your Vita.

Computer cafes? Do they still exist? Didnt see any for years in multiple european countries to be honest.

• Like 1

Gmail still works with the email app but you need to allow 'less secure apps' in your google settings.

Direct link to the setting: https://www.google.com/settings/security/lesssecureapps

Or you can do this with googles 2FA according to a redditor:

You can also enable 2-Factor Authentication (You should set it up anyway!) which gives you an option to create a unique Application-Specific Password. This avoids the requirement to let less secure apps through.

https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/185833

Edited by MrHealthy
  • Like 3

19 minutes ago, Anxiety said:

Is the messaging system down for the VITA? I didn't know that and I recommend borrowing someone's laptop and writing the guide out that way because It'll be a lot easier then doing it on your mobile. 

The Vita Messaging system was shutdown approx 3 months ago but the invites system still works so no games were affected.