Tips for Phantom if you're having trouble like I was.

DoctorDrPepper

1 hour ago, snakebit10 said:

I am at the first running part now. I really hope to get this first time. I am attempting the platinum in one play through. With all the new games coming. I don't want to have to do multiple play throughs for one trophy.

Thanks for the tips.

Just FYI--I messed up on my run and had to redo Phantom. It takes less than an hour to do the whole thing. If you do mess up, finish your initial run and then start a new game. Backup your save after that first chase sequence (when you reach the lamp right before the first stealth section) just in case, then from there you should be done with all 4 interactions in under 20 minutes or so.

This walkthrough has timestamps for each of the 4 stealth sections so you can easily jump to each to see what to do.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Thermopyle2 said:

Just FYI--I messed up on my run and had to redo Phantom. It takes less than an hour to do the whole thing. If you do mess up, finish your initial run and then start a new game. Backup your save after that first chase sequence (when you reach the lamp right before the first stealth section) just in case, then from there you should be done with all 4 interactions in under 20 minutes or so.

This walkthrough has timestamps for each of the 4 stealth sections so you can easily jump to each to see what to do.

Thanks. I can't see the video on my laptop. For some reason Youtube isn't loading for me. I got Phantom on my first try. The video you are mentioning sounds like the one I found on my YouTube app on my phone. It had timestamps for each of the for sections.

• 2 weeks later...
On 2.10.2021 at 7:27 PM, DoctorDrPepper said:

For me the one that I think I kept failing at was the second part in the long room after going through the hole next to the lockers. You can run until it enters the room. Then you gotta duck, hold your breath and just make it to those boxes you hide behind by the door till he leaves. You'll know you failed if you hold insight with L1 and you ever see him run forward to your position and look around. That means it was alerted and you need to quit out and reload your save. This does work, as I quit out when I realized I had messed up and I still finally got the trophy.

That was exactly what I did wrong, thank you so much.

6 minutes ago, snakebit10 said:

I don't know if it has been patched. Was it truly glitched? I got it with no issues. 

I think I heard somewhere if you get caught you can just continue now instead of loading last save. I was wondering if that was patched where people say you can just continue now and not be  locked out of the trophy? 

Edited by Titanomachy_75

7 minutes ago, Titanomachy_75 said:

I think I heard somewhere if you get caught you can just continue now instead of loading last save. I was wondering if that was patched where people say you can just continue now and not be  locked out of the trophy? 

Okay. I hadn't heard that. I followed a guide and didn't get caught so I wouldn't know if you can restart. I followed a guide for it because I didn't want to have to start a second play through.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

How I got it first playthrough with lots of failures.

- Got caught multiple times in the running section but I hoped this didn't count.

- Made a cloud save just before the first stealth section

- I got caught about 5 times (I suck lol) but everytime before he touched me I pressed options - Main menu - Continue

- After finally getting past the first section I managed to get the rest first try and the trophy popped.

Hope this helps with gathering info on this horrible trophy.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, Pensplayer68 said:

How do you backup a save? If you do that can you restart right before the stealth sections?

Thanks!

on the ps5 Home Screen you go to 

- settings 

- saved date and game/app settings 

- saved data (PS5) 

- console storage 

- select the checkbox on the medium 

- go to the right and you’ll see upload

just make sure you upload a save that’s before the first maw encounter or wherever you feel comfortable with during that chapter. You can download that save as many times as you want if you mess up you just need to manually do it from the save data screen! good luck though cause the trophy was giving me hair loss and high blood pressure  

Edited by ArabianSwordsman

After some trial and error I got this trophy last night! 

- During your 1st (or subsequent play through if you did start over) create a backup save in the photo room. This ensures you have a backup save for a clean run. ArabianSwordsman has great steps on this above!

- Load your save in the photo room and complete all sections up to unlocking the gate with the bolt cutters in one clean run. 

- I followed this video walkthrough in one clean run and unlocked the trophy. 

- If you're caught or alert the Maw press the PlayStation button > quit game > download your backup save from the cloud (if on PS4 then cloud or external device). 

- Quitting to the menu and reloading did not work for me in any attempts. I only unlocked the trophy in one clean run. Thankfully, it's not too long so doable in about 20-25 minutes! 

Hope this helps! 

• 5 months later...

I'm doing a blind playthrough for my first run and the trophy managed to pop despite me having been caught twice in the chase section and once in the last stealth section. I just pressed the continue option every time. When I did complete each section, I did so without ever entering an "alert phase". This was on version 1.007.000, don't know if there's something that changed in this patch.

Edited by communistwookiee

• 5 months later...
On 17/02/2022 at 9:26 AM, sadxrad said:

After some trial and error I got this trophy last night! 

- During your 1st (or subsequent play through if you did start over) create a backup save in the photo room. This ensures you have a backup save for a clean run. ArabianSwordsman has great steps on this above!

- Load your save in the photo room and complete all sections up to unlocking the gate with the bolt cutters in one clean run. 

- I followed this vieo walkthrough in one clean run and unlocked the trophy. 

- If you're caught or alert the Maw press the PlayStation button > quit game > download your backup save from the cloud (if on PS4 then cloud or external device). 

- Quitting to the menu and reloading did not work for me in any attempts. I only unlocked the trophy in one clean run. Thankfully, it's not too long so doable in about 20-25 minutes! 

Hope this helps! 

As the trophy guide says that just reload the last checkpoint and complete it in clean run i got caught once and reload previous checkpoint and did the whole 4 encounter with clean run still the trophy didnt poped so i think i should have closed the game and completed the whole segment in clean run.

On 2/10/2021 at 7:27 PM, DoctorDrPepper said:

Also you MUST hide in the hallway after the puzzle where you find Nicholas's name in the board room. If you double back into the board room it wont count. Just hug the right wall, crouch, hold your breath, and slowly crawl to the mirror in the other room.

After failing the trophy, I reloaded a save just before this section, followed your advice and finally got it. Thanks mate!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

One of the kinds of trophies I hate the most. Nebulous fail conditions, no way to check if something's gone wrong inbetween objectives, no way to retry from the start of the sequence without starting a New Game or having a cloud backup, aaand possibly bugged in ways no one is quite sure of.

Already going to force me to do a second partial playthrough after beating the game and hopefully it won't take multiple attempts. I already wasn't that charmed by the game and this only sours the experience further.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Had trouble with this as well on my first playthrough but I think it's because I sprinted to the end of the room after going between the lockers for the first time you have to avoid The Maw in the real world. Had to replay the game up to that point which luckily didn't take too long. Made sure to always crouch and hold my breath and the trophy unlocked without issue. It's not glitchy, I think it's just very particular about what being detected means, so if The Maw even thinks you might be somewhere and looks at you, even if he doesn't grab you, that still counts as being detected.

TLDR, go slow, always crouch and hold your breath, make sure The Maw doesn't act like you've caught his attention and you should be fine.

• 4 months later...

Just to clear something out about this trophy. You can't be seen nor grapped by the maw. If you think you Are seen, Just load your last checkpoint, via menu and then load. You don't have to delete your data and upload on the cloud. All you have to do is Just load the last checkpoint.

There Are 4 places you cant be seen nor grapped. The moment you get the bolt cutters and get trough the first chain, the trophy pops. Normally it would be in the stairwell.

Just got this myself, stupid trophy. But im glad i can call this platinum 285.

Anyone else suffering with this trophy? I just failed on my first attempt. Is there any way to be 100% sure that the monster has seen/detected you? I have seen many videos and he has movements that are normal but make it look like he has seen you. I read that if it turns around it means it detected you, but how do you know when you're moving? Another question is with breathing. In what moments should I contain and in which can I let go. If I run out of air while moving, is that the only reason it detects me? This achievement is horrible.

Hello 

To all of those who want the Platinum Trophy

After getting the Platinum tonight I felt the urge to post this to, at least a bit, try to help someone getting all the trophies. I had to complete the game THREE times before realizing how bugged it was, all my tests led to some discoveries (with some help from youTube comments and old reddits as well) here's what I found:

1:DO NOT EVER star your game from the resume activity in your PS5 main menu, this will prevent the game from tracking collectibles and it is THE MAIN ISSUE preventing you from getting any collectibles related Trophy.

2:DOT NOT (if possibile avoid it) click on restart after dying, always try to reload save, this apparently prevents collectibles and miscellaneous trophy tracking too.

3. Some echoes changed place since release but we're talking about 3 echoes in the late game, and they're pretty near to their previous location but I felt it was worth mentioning.

PS5 collectibles tracking in the trophies also seems to be bugged and not showing the correct number of collectibles found, this is not a problem, the game still saves them and unlock the related Trophy if you find all of them (if you followed instruction 1 and 2)

4. TROUBLED MAN NOTES ARE NOT 20 ANYMORE! they're 21, the 21st note is in the same room as the last 2 notes you'll eventually collect so not much further and it's in the endgame phase.

5. The "Spectre" trophy in my opinion is not bugged. It is simply poorly designed and its conditions for achieving it poorly explained. The first tip I give is to use the "Perception" skill IN ALL FOUR ZONES. This is the only way to know if the Specter has detected you. They will know that you detected them if they moved forward when the perception icon is red. Never move forward when the icon is red. You already know the rest, always move forward while crouching and holding your breath.

Hope this post help someone, happy trophy hunting.

• Like 1