Didn't Half-Ass it! (Event) - Completed

19 hours ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

I finished two more dlcs for Driveclub Bikes, took a few tries for 1 challenge each of the 3 dlcs and the two time trials weren't easy, but 30 to 60 mins is still ok :) definitely a great game, driving in 1st person view on motorbikes was awesome. If anybody knows another racing game like that on ps3/ps4/Vita pls let me know...

Also i downloaded Zombie Army 4 and played that one Horde map i hadn't yet.

Besides that i made good progress in Borderlands 3's Handsome Jackpot DLC and i guess i can finish that one next week...

Completed

The Division 2: 6

Injustice 2: 1

Driveclub Bikes: 3

Zombie Army 4: 1

The MotoGP series and Ride series are very fun motorbike games. Highly recommend them. Ride 3 and Ride 4 also have a ton of DLC which would fit nicely into this event. 

• Like 2

I agree with @Banana_Sausage47 as far as Bike games go, only Ride (and maybe RIMS) are worth mention.

Not really sure about the MotoGP games, since I like more the spirit of Ride with road tracks and big bike selection instead of just circuits and superbikes.

I still have to play Ride 3 and 4 as well as RIMS (all in my backlog..), but I'm quite sure that they are quite good (I test play Ride 3 on an alt when I was working on Ride 2, to compare the difference).

• Like 1

Hey again dear readers. Well, I didn't finish any additional DLC this week, but I got close on two. Those should be in the bag by next Monday. The first is the Dawnguard DLC of Skyrim. There's just one trophy left which is for killing a legendary dragon. However, you have to be about level 80 before those show up in the game. I honestly think it will be the last trophy I earn on my way to 100% that game since I'm basically in the clean-up stages and only level 50. I've got some grinding to do. However, that game has so many glitches I bet I can find something on Youtube that's like, "Earn 50 levels every 5 minutes." Anyway, the other DLC I worked on was for Maneater. The Truth Quest DLC. So far it was a mostly enjoyable romp through another zone of the game. However, at the end, it has you go back to the base game area. I thought I'd just be fighting the final boss there or something, but when you return suddenly your quest log blows up and like 25 new things to do and they are all repetitive of the stuff I just did in the DLC area. I was pretty sad last night when it the quest log expanded and just decided to go to bed instead of finishing it. 

Completed so far:

• The Last Of Us Part 2 - Grounded Mode
  • Operation Tango - Challenge Mode
  • Skyrim - Hearthfire
  • Skyrim - Dragonborn
  • Like 4

Thx for the fast replies @Banana_Sausage47 and @Han_the_Dragon . I played the Ride (1) on PS4 and think it's ok as a racing game but Driveclub Bikes amazed me with it's first person view. Do you know if any Ride has that option? I did check Ride 2 and 3 a while ago and i'd rather go to the older title cuz i don't like it that Ride 3 has that many dlc chapters - i assume that all cost some additional money at least. But yeah either Ride 3 or 4 could boost my dlcs completed to a high amount, not sure if i could finish them all even if i started today. We'll never know :P  :D

3 hours ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

Thx for the fast replies @Banana_Sausage47 and @Han_the_Dragon . I played the Ride (1) on PS4 and think it's ok as a racing game but Driveclub Bikes amazed me with it's first person view. Do you know if any Ride has that option? I did check Ride 2 and 3 a while ago and i'd rather go to the older title cuz i don't like it that Ride 3 has that many dlc chapters - i assume that all cost some additional money at least. But yeah either Ride 3 or 4 could boost my dlcs completed to a high amount, not sure if i could finish them all even if i started today. We'll never know :P  :D

I don't really remember if it had 1st person view.

As for Driveclub Bikes vs other bikes games, well, Driveclub Bikes is the best that you can find...

Ride is essentially the only option that doesn't completely suck (I believe that MotoGP is by the same studio).

I usually see Ride in the same light as Project Cars. Somewhat of a new wave into this kind of games for Bikes and Cars.

RIMS looks really good, but being a new IP, I can't say much.

Also, on the DLC, ya, it's a lot of DLC, but if you keep an eye on sales, you can end up getting everything digital for 15€ or something, at least for Ride 3, that's what I did.

https://platprices.com/game/21652-ride-3-gold-edition

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Evil_Joker88 said:

Ride 4 has an amazing first person view including a helmet cam. I do prefer Ride over MotoGP games as there is always a nice variety of bikes to use.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Han_the_Dragon said:

I will give priority to this event and will likely mix Virtua Fighter V with FF15 to get the DLC set from that game too.. but even if I do that, I will still be a DLC short of reaching the 10 DLC sets for the event, and I have no clue what to tackle for the 10th set..

I saw you have Gravity Rush on the Vita were 2 trophies are missing. Not sure how hard the trophies are or if you still have a Vita, but maybe that is a option to try? 

For All of you, not sure if you are into Lego games but with the New PS+ games we got Lego DC Villains and they have a lot of dlcs. The season Pass is right now on sale (what a coincidence) for 4-5 Euro. So if you plan to look into it , you are able to get the dlcs cheaper ;)

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Inuty said:

I saw you have Gravity Rush on the Vita were 2 trophies are missing. Not sure how hard the trophies are or if you still have a Vita, but maybe that is a option to try? 

For All of you, not sure if you are into Lego games but with the New PS+ games we got Lego DC Villains and they have a lot of dlcs. The season Pass is right now on sale (what a coincidence) for 4-5 Euro. So if you plan to look into it , you are able to get the dlcs cheaper ;)

Those are a pain.. both require actually the same thing. It's the Survival Lava area race to Gold.. I have tried it at random times, but it's one of those trophies that actually need a lot of dedication.. but I always get dizzy while playing Gravity Rush, so I keep postponing it (and it's annoying because that's all that I'm missing for the 100%..).

I also thought about LBP2 cross-controller, but since the 100% is impossible for me due to 1 missing trophy in the Move DLC, I don't feel like returning to it..

In the end, I think that my best bet is to return to Ghost of Tsushima and continue the Iki DLC, since that was what I was playing when I stopped Ghost of Tsushima (for Tales of Arise) and the Iki island isn't that bad and counts for 2 DLC!

The only thing that's still burning in the back of my head is Soul Sacrifice.. I enjoy that kind of games, but I never really understood how to build my load loadout and how to "focus grind" in it, but the server closure is making me constantly think that I should go back to it sooner rather than later.... but on the other hand, I don't think that I will have enough time to complete this event if I focus on Soul Sacrifice for the next 2 weeks.. really annoying..

• Like 1

I know pain dlc trophies by now haha RE7 was a Real pain but i am so glad i am done with those.

I dont think i will be able to Do much more on the dlc front. Depending on the Feedback for the event, we will think about a follow up event next year if we have the time to run it :) maybe with some new ideas included to make it easier for people with less dlcs to complete and enjoy the event nevertheless.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Inuty said:

I know pain dlc trophies by now haha RE7 was a Real pain but i am so glad i am done with those.

I dont think i will be able to Do much more on the dlc front. Depending on the Feedback for the event, we will think about a follow up event next year if we have the time to run it :) maybe with some new ideas included to make it easier for people with less dlcs to complete and enjoy the event nevertheless.

?You should do an event where people complete the base game! ?

• Like 1

I think we should just have more time...

Anyway, another quick update.. got the Ardyn DLC done, somehow just needed to replay the final bosses to get my damage sustained score down a bit to get the A+ rating, since I had A+ on everything else (got C on damage on my first try, with 33k damage received, on my second try got B with 29500 damage received, making it as close as possible...).

Update: 7 trophy sets of 10

1. Gems of War - Warband & Shrine Update 2714.png
  2. Grand Theft Auto 5 PS3 - Grand Theft Auto Online: Heists 2714.png
  3. Gems of War - Gnome-a-Palooza Update (again...) 2714.png
  4. Final Fantasy XV - FINAL FANTASY XV: EPISODE GLADIOLUS 2714.png
  5. Final Fantasy XV - FINAL FANTASY XV: EPISODE PROMPTO 2714.png
  6. Final Fantasy XV - FINAL FANTASY XV: EPISODE IGNIS 2714.png
  7. Final Fantasy XV - FINAL FANTASY XV: EPISODE ARDYN 2714.png

I think that next order of work is Virtua Fighter DLC on next weekend, while I play a bit of Soul Sacrifice to see how I feel about the game.. will use Ghost of Tsushima Iki DLC to fill for the last 2 spots I think..

• Like 4

2nd DLC finished with the Frau pack in Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds Overdrive. The other DLC pack in it will take a little bit more time since it requires to level a character up to level 99 instead of only 50 in the pack I finished. At least doing that will help me also finish the base game as well.

1. Plague Inc: Evolved - The Cure

2. Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds Overdrive - Frau Pack

• Like 3

1 hour ago, InfinateEternity said:

This is way late. But, thank you for all the wonderful advice! You are completely right that the vault events are OP for resource farming. I managed to get Cedric S. during it, and because of that, was able to put together the gold farming team that uses him. It's been a lifesaver, and is a team I use 95% of the time. Side Note: There's supposedly going to be another vault event this upcoming Tuesday-Thursday! And, Rowanne + Leprechaun + Maraji Queen is also a great team for Delves and events. The Harpy Mage and getting the 10,000 renown are my next goals, I think.

That's been quite a big advance!!

I will need to double check that Vault event, I though that it was in the Christmas weekend (24th to 26th), since the event is always at weekends.

Also, bookmark Taransworld.com if you haven't, great source of info for Gems of War (and check the Gemologica on that site for a great companion for the game!)

Just now, Han_the_Dragon said:

That's been quite a big advance!!

I will need to double check that Vault event, I though that it was in the Christmas weekend (24th to 26th), since the event is always at weekends.

Also, bookmark Taransworld.com if you haven't, great source of info for Gems of War (and check the Gemologica on that site for a great companion for the game!)

Yeah, Taransworld is great! I've already got it bookmarked. I'll have to check out the other one though! Thanks letting me know!

And yeah, there's still a vault event on the 24-26th as scheduled. The one that's this Tuesday-Thursday is compensation for all the bugs in the game recently and for the fact that Guild Wars has been delayed. So, if they follow through, we will have two vault events by the end of the month. The notice is on the official forums at this link (you'll have to scroll for a bit to see the Dev's reply with the notice:https://community.gemsofwar.com/t/recent-game-issues/73229/60).

2 minutes ago, InfinateEternity said:

Yeah, Taransworld is great! I've already got it bookmarked. I'll have to check out the other one though! Thanks letting me know!

And yeah, there's still a vault event on the 24-26th as scheduled. The one that's this Tuesday-Thursday is compensation for all the bugs in the game recently and for the fact that Guild Wars has been delayed. So, if they follow through, we will have two vault events by the end of the month. The notice is on the official forums at this link (you'll have to scroll for a bit to see the Dev's reply with the notice:https://community.gemsofwar.com/t/recent-game-issues/73229/60).

Ok, great to know!!

That surely will help me greatly getting the Geoff trophy sooner! (well, I still need 25-50 medals, and 1.3 million souls, so the Vaults at least should fix my current Soul shortage problem..).

And another one done... VF5 DLC trophies aren't so bad, but now I have the base game to complete.. that will take a long while..

I'm also partially starting to give up on the idea of Soul Sacrifice, will probably only grab the last online trophy and then decide what I will do, since I will give priority to this event, and my play time looks like will become quite scarce for the remaining of the year, so Ghost of Tsushima will be my current priority..

Update: 8 trophy sets of 10

1. Gems of War - Warband & Shrine Update 2714.png
  2. Grand Theft Auto 5 PS3 - Grand Theft Auto Online: Heists 2714.png
  3. Gems of War - Gnome-a-Palooza Update (again...) 2714.png
  4. Final Fantasy XV - FINAL FANTASY XV: EPISODE GLADIOLUS 2714.png
  5. Final Fantasy XV - FINAL FANTASY XV: EPISODE PROMPTO 2714.png
  6. Final Fantasy XV - FINAL FANTASY XV: EPISODE IGNIS 2714.png
  7. Final Fantasy XV - FINAL FANTASY XV: EPISODE ARDYN 2714.png
  8. Virtua Fighter 5: Ultimate Showdown - Virtua Fighter 5 Ultimate Showdown 2714.png

Tsushima next, I guess..

• Like 3