Is vesperia worth playing?

hey i was just wondering if tales of vesperia is worth playing? the only tales game i've played so far is berseria and although i liked it i found myself losing interest in the story during certain parts and i also often got bored of the repetitive encounters, which is pretty much why im scared of trying vesperia

7 minutes ago, Katt said:

If you got bored with Berseria which is a masterpiece, don't play the other "Tales of" games.

Out of all the 'Tales of' games i have played Berseria and Zestiria are the worst. Berseria is just a little bit better than Zestiria but it was still pretty bad imo. It might be a masterpiece for you but for me its not and it isnt even that good of a game.

12 minutes ago, Skyy-Knight said:

hey i was just wondering if tales of vesperia is worth playing? the only tales game i've played so far is berseria and although i liked it i found myself losing interest in the story during certain parts and i also often got bored of the repetitive encounters, which is pretty much why im scared of trying vesperia

Yes play it Vesperia is pretty good imo. If you really want to play another 'Tales of' game i'd recommend 'Tales of Symphonia'.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

Vesperia is one of the weaker titles in the series, if the newer one isn't doing it for you, vesperia definitely won't

definitely agree here. Vesperia Definitive Edition came out and i was hyped. Mainly due to teenage years a friend was always beating the game on 360. Which i didnt care for 360. When i finally had 360 and ToV, i never played it. Felt it was too far back to care for while Xillia came out.

Anyways this comes out,  i start it, play a few hours. Its boring as shit. Estelle and Repede are the only interesting characters and on that note, one is a dog. The world is bland (i get its dated), combat is basic until mid to late game and even then its still simplistic (going off other videos and things ive heard from friends). so i never bothered continuing. Its been in my backlog for close to 3 years now alongside DQ11 which is just as boring.

Berseria is amazing,  Velvet is one of the better mains in Tales series. If you can OP i suggest Tales of Arise, or Tales of Xillia.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Infected Elite said:

definitely agree here. Vesperia Definitive Edition came out and i was hyped. Mainly due to teenage years a friend was always beating the game on 360. Which i didnt care for 360. When i finally had 360 and ToV, i never played it. Felt it was too far back to care for while Xillia came out.

Anyways this comes out,  i start it, play a few hours. Its boring as shit. Estelle and Repede are the only interesting characters and on that note, one is a dog. The world is bland (i get its dated), combat is basic until mid to late game and even then its still simplistic (going off other videos and things ive heard from friends). so i never bothered continuing. Its been in my backlog for close to 3 years now alongside DQ11 which is just as boring.

Berseria is amazing,  Velvet is one of the better mains in Tales series. If you can OP i suggest Tales of Arise, or Tales of Xillia.

Rita is also super creepy in vesperia, she reminds me of guys irl when a woman is nice to them and they become creepy stalkers

• Like 1

I haven't played Arise yet, but as of now, Vesperia was the last truly great game in the series imo. After Vesperia they took away a lot of things that made the series so good. Like the world map, fun side quests, unlockable costumes, and more unique stories. Vesperia is a great game with a lot of unique mechanics and great characters. It's definitely worth playing if you like JRPGs.

I enjoyed the story of Vesperia a whole lot but I never finished it. The combat was very boring. I stopped playing due to being under leveled from my lack of engagement in random encounters. 

I've played and platinumed every game in the series from Xillia to present. Those games are heaps more fun IMO. Even Zestitia with all its flaws.

I had played Tales of Hearts R more recently and the combat in that feels like a more improved version of Vesperia. I liked Hearts R because the counter chase feature was very engaging which sadly wasn't in Vesperia. But it's been many years since I last tried Vesperia so I'm going to give it another shot before the years over.

1 hour ago, ExHaseo said:

I haven't played Arise yet, but as of now, Vesperia was the last truly great game in the series imo. After Vesperia they took away a lot of things that made the series so good. Like the world map, fun side quests, unlockable costumes, and more unique stories. Vesperia is a great game with a lot of unique mechanics and great characters. It's definitely worth playing if you like JRPGs.

Vesperia was probably great in 2008 but today he aged quite a lot, his battle system is more or less a better Symphonia, story and character didn't really work well, not something i will remember this days.

As for side quests, costumes and "unique stories" (?) they were always been there but i can hear and undestand the moan about attachments (too much) or DLC and Arise make a big scammy step up with uniques artes that cannot be obtained in any other way than... Paying more ?

Well it all depends on the person when it comes to the tales games so you can never really tell beforehand…

personally I loved Zesteria and Berseria a lot… also liked both Xillia games… Vesperia so far for me is…. Meh…. It’s okay but I liked the other ones I’ve played better so far but I haven’t fully completed it yet…

can’t say for the other games in the series yet but honestly I would say give it a chance… every single game in the series seems to be a favourite of some and a “worst game in the series” for others so you never know which of these this one might be for you :) 

• Like 1

I found Vesperia pretty enjoyable to play, as someone who only played Xillia prior to playing it.

Honestly, I expect nothing from Tales of stories, as they always seem cliché and mediocre for the most part, but I do like the character dynamic in Vesperia, especially with the moral ambiguity of Yuri, and the contrast with him and Flynn.

I'd say just give it a go, and play it if you like it, drop it if you don't.