Pluto's Gold Rush

PlutoRico

1 hour ago, realm722 said:

Lovely review man. Genuinely appreciate how you not only included pictures but also videos to help me visualize what you were talking about with some of the challenges. The OlliOlli games are always ones I've wholeheartedly avoided solely due to their difficult(or suggested difficulty given the <1% on the 2nd game, <2% on the original).  But you may have just piqued my interest. I absolutely love games with repetitive cycles that you master by getting a little bit better each time. The fact you said restarts are extremely quick and controls are responsive is very appealing. Also glad that you mentioned recommending trying out the first game before going for the second to see if the genre is for you. I'd be curious to see how you feel about OlliOlli World given it was released this year and has a PS5 list! For whatever reason, I also feel like recommending you "The VideoKid". Super short 100% but I think if you enjoyed OllOlli, it'll be up your alley. 

Hey man, appreciate you for stopping by and taking the time to read what I wrote. As I mentioned in my original post, I would rate OlliOlli as a 6/10 and OlliOlli2 as a 7/10 in terms of difficulty. Both are challenging but never felt unfair imo. Seeing you picking them up after reading my review would make me very proud tho haha ? If you were to do so, I'd gladly be there to help if needed to, feel free to message me if you're stuck on a challenge or a level ? 

I would love to do OlliOlli World too, I'm really looking forward to it, that way I can complete the series and get to see the 2022 take on the franchise haha. I think I will wait until I get myself a PS5 first tho, would love to experience this one on the next gen ?

I checked some gameplay videos and the game looks a lot fun haha, I added the game to my wishlist, I might pick it up and play it as a chill game between two grinds. Thank you for the recommendation my friend ?

I checked your checklist and read your sensational Hades review a few days ago but you just made me think about the fact that I forgot to leave a comment haha, I don't know what took my attention away because I remember starting to write something but not finishing it. I'll make sure to drop by and give credit where credit is due ?

How do you feel about Game 7 btw? I'm not gonna lie, I was a bit mad to see Butler taking a three in transition while the paint was wide open. The comeback felt written up until that moment :facepalm:

Edited by PlutoRico
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, PlutoRico said:

How do you feel about Game 7 btw? I'm not gonna lie, I was a bit mad to see Butler taking a three in transition while the paint was wide open. The comeback felt written up until that moment :facepalm:

Man the wound is still so fresh ?, but I'm really not mad about it. Jimmy's our superstar and we were only in that position because he willed us there in the first place. Boston was frequently going up 8-10 points all night and the fact we got it that close? I don't blame Jimmy for trying to end things in regulation taking the lead after he played all 48 minutes, especially considering OT for another 5 minutes would have had him on fumes. We just needed a 3rd guy to show up after Jimmy/Bam and didn't have it. OR we shouldn't have started the game down 17-34(which I legit thought we may get the doors blown off thankfully we didn't). OR we should have shot better than 67% from the FT line in a Game 7. OR we shouldn't have missed 9 straight shots after cutting it to to a 79-82 earlier period in the 4th Q. OR maybe the refs shouldn't have taken away a Strus 3 about 5 minutes after it happened ??

It was a fantastic year. I always do preseason predictions and I had us losing in the 2nd Round in 6 games to what I thought would be a super Brooklyn team. The fact got the 1 seed, handled Atlanta, beat Philly(who is probably Top 3 for teams I hate the most lmao), and pushed what a lot of people felt was a superior Boston team to 7? I can't be mad. But it's hard to have perspective the day after when you dream of him hitting that shot and the fallout of the Celtics collapse would have been glorious hahaha. 

I will go full Team Petty and root for the Warriors to beat them in the Finals now just because I don't want to imagine we let a title slip if they go on to win it all ?

• Like 1

Dude, I’ve never even heard of this game (and I owned a PS Move!) but that was a great read, and I feel like I learned all about it now!

Does sound like a massive hassle to get that one going, but hard to argue with a game that gives you a workout and some trophies at the same time! ? 

Congrats on the plat and the milestone ??

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PlutoRico said:

even a phoned-in video performance from Danny Trejo, the famous Mexican-American actor, as your verbally abusive trainer. His performance was amazing, I really approved this casting choice. Instead of linking a picture, here is a video of the opening tutorial showcasing the greatness of señor Trejo: 

Oh my god bro thank you for linking this ??? I was in stitches and watched the full 10 minutes. The way he yells at the player to not move their feet and not punch like you're swatting flys was hilarious. The juxtaposition of trying to be "hard" in a game showing off underground BARE-KNUCKLE BOXING and holding up the brightly colored pink and blue PlayStation move controllers is comedic gold. 

Just like the Doc, I had never even heard of this game. What an amazing concept. Props to you for earning a damn near sub 0.40% plat!!! Those online trophies are ruthless and to become the 4th fastest ever (your 2 days and 17 hours) is a RIDICULOUS accomplishment! 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Dude, I’ve never even heard of this game (and I owned a PS Move!) but that was a great read, and I feel like I learned all about it now!

Does sound like a massive hassle to get that one going, but hard to argue with a game that gives you a workout and some trophies at the same time! 1f61d.png 

Congrats on the plat and the milestone 1f44d.png1f4aa.png

The game was received poorly so I'm not surprised people haven't heard of it. Also probably why it's sitting deep in the UR status ?

Thanks for the love Doc, I agree, getting a sweat while also grabbing a few trophies on the way seems like a good way of gaming ?

14 hours ago, realm722 said:

Oh my god bro thank you for linking this 1f602.png1f602.png1f602.png I was in stitches and watched the full 10 minutes. The way he yells at the player to not move their feet and not punch like you're swatting flys was hilarious.

This was probably my favorite part of the whole game, he fits so perfectly for this role ? He also has some hilarious catchphrases when he teaches you the dirty moves, I wish I could link them haha ?

The juxtaposition of trying to be "hard" in a game showing off underground BARE-KNUCKLE BOXING and holding up the brightly colored pink and blue PlayStation move controllers is comedic gold. 

I honestly couldn't have said it better, that's exactly how I felt the first time I saw it, I couldn't help but sneer at the sight of it ? There is also the option of choosing one move and one regular DS3 controller for people that don't necessarily own two and he makes a lil joke if you go with that choice ? 

Here's a short interview where you could see him actually play the game, "you're not just gonna be working out your thumbs, you're gonna be getting a workout" ?

Just like the Doc, I had never even heard of this game. What an amazing concept. Props to you for earning a damn near sub 0.40% plat!!! Those online trophies are ruthless and to become the 4th fastest ever (your 2 days and 17 hours) is a RIDICULOUS accomplishment! 

Appreciate the love my friend, I honestly didn't even check my ranking on the fastest achievers for this game so you just taught me something haha, I agree it's always nice to be up there ? 

Edited by PlutoRico
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/3/2022 at 8:46 PM, PlutoRico said:

Like its name suggests, The Fight is a fighting game released on PS3 in 2010.

I remember this game though it wasn't one I picked up even though I did have the PS Move and Camera combo. Sounds like quite an interesting one from over a decade ago (Geez how time flies lol) and at least you got a good workout from it! lol

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...
8 hours ago, PlutoRico said:

There is one last point I would like to raise : one of the main critics regarding this game was that it used too much of the formula of the previous games without bringing anything new to the table, which is a fair statement. But on the other hand, when Arkham Knight was released 2 years later and Rocksteady fully implemented the Batmobile as a newly added innovation in both free roam and as a mean to progress through the story, people were still complaining that "ThErE iS tOo MuCh BaTmObiLe" which is the main reason why I get annoyed by the general consensus about Arkham Knight. .

YOOOOO! It's so nice to finally meet someone who also enjoys the Batmobile lmao ?. It's hilarious how some games will have the same tired complaint regurgitated a hundred times. For Legend of the Zelda: BotW, it was the weapon durability. For Batman: Arkham Knight, you can't throw a pebble in the landfill that is game discussion without hitting someone who complains about the "tank simulator". I thought it was fantastic and did a great job of breaking up the typical Batman loop. I played the games in a very weird order (Knight, Asylum, City) and in hindsight view it as a technical marvel the way they were able to implement it and make it feel such a core part of the experience. Never have I seen so many casuals care about story details like "who the hell is Riddler paying to build all these underground race tracks?" OR "why would the Arkham Knight not fill every random few of those battle tanks with people since he knows Batman doesn't kill". 

So nice to have you back though! I love the way you portray the games you play and you have a unique voice. I've never played Arkham: Origins as I don't own a PS3. My entire enjoyment of the game was done vicariously through 2BC (hockey YouTuber who loves Batman) playthrough from way back when and I loved it. If it by some miracle were to ever make it to modern consoles in a remaster or something (hey Rocksteady... that could be a great way to win your reputation back after bungling Suicide Squad), I'd be 100% down to play it to get my Arkham combat fix!

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, realm722 said:

YOOOOO! It's so nice to finally meet someone who also enjoys the Batmobile lmao 1f602.png. It's hilarious how some games will have the same tired complaint regurgitated a hundred times. For Legend of the Zelda: BotW, it was the weapon durability. For Batman: Arkham Knight, you can't throw a pebble in the landfill that is game discussion without hitting someone who complains about the "tank simulator". I thought it was fantastic and did a great job of breaking up the typical Batman loop. I played the games in a very weird order (Knight, Asylum, City) and in hindsight view it as a technical marvel the way they were able to implement it and make it feel such a core part of the experience. Never have I seen so many casuals care about story details like "who the hell is Riddler paying to build all these underground race tracks?" OR "why would the Arkham Knight not fill every random few of those battle tanks with people since he knows Batman doesn't kill". 

It actually really pisses me off because it feels like people are just following the general consensus rather than getting their own opinion on the matter. And like I said, if the Batmobile wasn't implemented and the game, these same people would have had the same complaints they had with Origins : lack of innovation and newly added gameplay features ? It also feels like this whole Batmobile debate kind of trumps everything that Arkham Knight has done correctly : it's the best Batman video game gameplay and graphics wise, and the whole plot involving the Arkham Knight coming back to haunt Batman while the Joker is psychologically tormenting him from the inside coupled with Scarecrow and his obsession about weaponizing fear to get to Batman was a masterful blend. 

1 hour ago, realm722 said:

So nice to have you back though! I love the way you portray the games you play and you have a unique voice. I've never played Arkham: Origins as I don't own a PS3. My entire enjoyment of the game was done vicariously through 2BC (hockey YouTuber who loves Batman) playthrough from way back when and I loved it. If it by some miracle were to ever make it to modern consoles in a remaster or something (hey Rocksteady... that could be a great way to win your reputation back after bungling Suicide Squad), I'd be 100% down to play it to get my Arkham combat fix!

Oh man you should definitely try and get your hands on a cheap one if you're able to. The PS3 is timeless in my opinion, I still have so many games I need to play on that console. I recently got myself a 2nd one to be able to self boost some games and I'm thinking about getting a 3rd one ? If you ever think about it and go for Arkham Origins, I would gladly help you out with the online ☝️

Thanks for the compliment tho, I appreciate you dropping by and leaving some kind words. I wasn't as much involved in the forums in the past few months so I missed your last few updates but I recently saw that you were conquering South America! That's such a great idea that I wish I thought about it ? I always enjoy your write ups and your inspiration with your articles, I already told you but I really believe you have one of the best checklist of the website. I'm looking forward to the rest of your conquest tho bringing my ? with me whenever new content is posted haha. 

Side note: I'm enjoying this year's Miami Heat playoffs run so much I don't know if I'm rooting for them more than I'm rooting for my Lakers at this point ? Hope they meet up in the finals again ?

• Like 3