Pluto's Gold Rush

PlutoRico

I think I might have to keep an eye on this one!

Wow - that's brave starting from scratch..... But reading your progress from the absolute beginning sounds really interesting.

I've been going since 2011, and the thought of just abandoning everything at this point and starting again is so scary.... I've got so many unforgettable memories tied to this account, unobtainables included in that, it's essentially my gaming history over the last ten years.

I can respect why you'd want to though, and that must have taken quite a bit of time to make that decision.

Thanks for the shout out by the way - the fact I might have inspired anything is still a bit of a surreal concept to me, but I do appreciate the kind words

I'm looking forward to seeing where you go with this - looks like you've got some pretty beastly tasks ahead of you in that backlog list that you put there.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, rjkclarke said:

I think I might have to keep an eye on this one!

Wow - that's brave starting from scratch..... But reading your progress from the absolute beginning sounds really interesting.

I've been going since 2011, and the thought of just abandoning everything at this point and starting again is so scary.... I've got so many unforgettable memories tied to this account, unobtainables included in that, it's essentially my gaming history over the last ten years.

I can respect why you'd want to though, and that must have taken quite a bit of time to make that decision.

Thanks for the shout out by the way - the fact I might have inspired anything is still a bit of a surreal concept to me, but I do appreciate the kind words

I'm looking forward to seeing where you go with this - looks like you've got some pretty beastly tasks ahead of you in that backlog list that you put there.

Thank you my friend, I'll also be closely following your progress on your checklist ? 

54 minutes ago, kevao97 said:

I see you are going after many URs, good luck on the new and difficult journey that awaits you!

Thank you for stopping by my friend, I'm excited for the journey for sure ?

51 minutes ago, CelestialRequiem said:

Get in there. 

Looking forward to our sessions together my friend ☝️

51 minutes ago, Deadly_Ha_Ha said:

Good for you recognizing what more you could accomplish with a fresh account. I made the same decision after starting Oro_Castoro in 2009 when I ended it in 2018 or whatever. I'll watch out for your progress moving forward

You've already come a long way my friend, I'm excited to follow your journey as well ?

• Like 2

14 hours ago, PlutoRico said:

Thank you to everyone who took the time to read my first review on this checklist. I'm still wondering how my original post is gonna look like when I will have a bunch of them, I want to make it easier for people to find a review for a specific game without having to scroll through all the topic. Still working on it haha 

That was a great start!

I hope more people read this Lumo review - I've never really had that much of an idea what Lumo is - and now after reading that I think I do, you did a really great job of defining it, both its strengths and its weaknesses.

I really enjoyed reading that - looking forward to the next one.

This is just a suggestion - because this is how I do it, and you might be completely different, but I put links to all my reviews in my first post, and update it every time I add something new. I don't think I'm the only one on here that does that either. 

I doubt anyone probably uses that to find mine, because they are all behind spoiler tags, but I thought it was easier that way, as showing like 330 pictures and links in the first post without spoiler tags would probably look a mess, but I put them there for if anyone wanted to find something specific. I always thought it would be easier to have them there, then just leave a link for them, as long as you let people know that's where they can find them, it should be pretty easy for folk to find.

So that's always an option if you eventually want to have somewhere solid to put all of your reviews once you get a page or so in.

Edited by rjkclarke
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, rjkclarke said:

That was a great start!

I hope more people read this Lumo review - I've never really had that much of an idea what Lumo is - and now after reading that, you did a really great job of defining it, both its strengths and it's weaknesses.

I really enjoyed reading that - looking forward to the next one.

Thank you for the kind words my friend, I really appreciate ?

4 hours ago, rjkclarke said:

This is just a suggestion - because this is how I do it, and you might be completely different, but I put links to all my reviews in my first post, and update it every time I add something new. I don't think I'm the only one on here that does that either. 

I doubt anyone probably uses that to find mine, because they are all behind spoiler tags, but I thought it was easier that way, as showing like 330 pictures and links in the first post without spoiler tags would probably look a mess, but I put them there for if anyone wanted to find something specific. I always thought it would be easier to have them there, then just leave a link for them, as long as you let people know that's where they can find them, it should be pretty easy for folk to find.

So that's always an option if you eventually want to have somewhere solid to put all of your reviews once you get a page or so in.

I thought about doing that to be honest. I like how @Arcesius and @Briste did it 10 by 10 while also adding pics for every game before the spoiler tag, I might follow that idea because it's easier to look for a specific review if needed, instead of having to go through all of the games. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, PlutoRico said:

Lumo

cpEk0iL.png

Being lost isn't scary, it's an adventure. 

Thank you to everyone who took the time to read my first review on this checklist. I'm still wondering how my original post is gonna look like when I will have a bunch of them, I want to make it easier for people to find a review for a specific game without having to scroll through all the topic. Still working on it haha 1f60a.png

I agree with @rjkclarke, very good start! I enjoyed the format of the review, and the small details such as the quote below the game image :) 

And I thought that you touched upon the most important aspects of the game and what it does well (and what it doesn't). The isometric perspective in certain areas is also what bothered me the most, especially for certain ducks, the chain area and the one area where you have to traverse a pit of spikes and firetraps while in an air bubble ? That is actually the only place I died during my Old Skool Daze run, and I just couldn't get through consistently... 

But other than the control issues, and despite me not having played these types of games either, I thought that the game had a lot of charme :) It's also short enough that it doesn't get boring. 

Again, good job on the review! And thanks for the shout-out when it comes to the aesthetics of the first post ? 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, PlutoRico said:

I thought about doing that to be honest. I like how @Arcesius and @Briste did it 10 by 10 while also adding pics for every game before the spoiler tag, I might follow that idea because it's easier to look for a specific review if needed, instead of having to go through all of the games. 

You know - that is an exceptionally good idea, good call man  - and I think the way they both have the thumbnails before is fantastic too. At least that way you do know what's actually behind the spoiler tags. I don't like having to scroll through them myself in my own thread to find something specific, I can't memorise the order of every single platinum I've gotten over the last ten yeas.... So I guess that.....

......Leads me onto this.

1 hour ago, Arcesius said:

And thanks for the shout-out when it comes to the aesthetics of the first post 1f60a.png 

Well, they are super nice to look at to be fair.  Arc do you mind if I stick some thumbnails in my first post? We haven't got exactly the same order of platinum's or anything so it wouldn't look the same anyway I just thought I'd ask first, because I don't want you to feel like I'm borrowing  too much of you or Briste's awesome format, or feel like "hey that sonuvvvabitch stole my line/images......" ? I'll just use the site thumbnails anyway if I did.

It'll help now that I've started doing the "you can request a review thing if you like," like Doc does - because until Pluto posted that, I hadn't really thought about how much of a pain it is to really look to see which things have and haven't been reviewed in my own thread. I can't expect people to sift through twenty pages, that's a bit unreasonable. Looks like I might have a bit more editing to do.

Sorry to derail this a bit Pluto.... 

Back to the you centric part - I saw Resident Evil Revelations 2 was in your backlog! Have you played that one before? Or will that be a new one to you? That's a really fun platinum (in my opinion)  so I hope you enjoy that one as much as I did - Countdown Mode is such a fun little speed challenge and invisible mode is really interesting - so I'm looking forward to reading your thoughts on that when you eventually play through it on this new account.

Edited by rjkclarke
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Arcesius said:

I agree with @rjkclarke, very good start! I enjoyed the format of the review, and the small details such as the quote below the game image :) 

And I thought that you touched upon the most important aspects of the game and what it does well (and what it doesn't). The isometric perspective in certain areas is also what bothered me the most, especially for certain ducks, the chain area and the one area where you have to traverse a pit of spikes and firetraps while in an air bubble 1f605.png That is actually the only place I died during my Old Skool Daze run, and I just couldn't get through consistently... 

But other than the control issues, and despite me not having played these types of games either, I thought that the game had a lot of charme :) It's also short enough that it doesn't get boring. 

Again, good job on the review! And thanks for the shout-out when it comes to the aesthetics of the first post 1f60a.png 

I also struggled a lil bit in the room with the bubble, every time I thought I cleared those spikes in the middle I ended up dying because I wasn't perfectly aligned. I feel like luck is also a factor on that room to be honest ? 

Nevertheless, thank you for the kind words my friend, I appreciate ? 

6 hours ago, rjkclarke said:

You know - that is an exceptionally good idea, good call man  - and I think the way they both have the thumbnails before is fantastic too. At least that way you do know what's actually behind the spoiler tags. I don't like having to scroll through them myself in my own thread to find something specific, I can't memorise the order of every single platinum I've gotten over the last ten yeas.... So I guess that.....

......Leads me onto this.

Well, they are super nice to look at to be fair.  Arc do you mind if I stick some thumbnails in my first post? We haven't got exactly the same order of platinum's or anything so it wouldn't look the same anyway I just thought I'd ask first, because I don't want you to feel like I'm borrowing  too much of you or Briste's awesome format, or feel like "hey that sonuvvvabitch stole my line/images......" 1f606.png I'll just use the site thumbnails anyway if I did.

It'll help now that I've started doing the "you can request a review thing if you like," like Doc does - because until Pluto posted that, I hadn't really thought about how much of a pain it is to really look to see which things have and haven't been reviewed in my own thread. I can't expect people to sift through twenty pages, that's a bit unreasonable. Looks like I might have a bit more editing to do.

Sorry to derail this a bit Pluto.... 

Hahaha no problem my friend, but yeah it might be a good idea, especially for you since you have 300+ games, it could make it much easier to find your way when looking for a specific review. ?

6 hours ago, rjkclarke said:

Back to the you centric part - I saw Resident Evil Revelations 2 was in your backlog! Have you played that one before? Or will that be a new one to you? That's a really fun platinum (in my opinion)  so I hope you enjoy that one as much as I did - Countdown Mode is such a fun little speed challenge and invisible mode is really interesting - so I'm looking forward to reading your thoughts on that when you eventually play through it on this new account.

I haven't played it on my former account so this is gonna be a new one ! I grabbed the game on a 60% sale I think. I really liked the gameplay videos I watched and the different modes looked appealing so I'm probably in for a treat ? Did you find the platinum challenging ? Was the 7/10 mark on the guide accurate in your opinion ? 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, rjkclarke said:

Well, they are super nice to look at to be fair.  Arc do you mind if I stick some thumbnails in my first post? We haven't got exactly the same order of platinum's or anything so it wouldn't look the same anyway I just thought I'd ask first, because I don't want you to feel like I'm borrowing  too much of you or Briste's awesome format, or feel like "hey that sonuvvvabitch stole my line/images......" 1f606.png I'll just use the site thumbnails anyway if I did.

Hey, absolutely nothing to worry about there! Just happy to hear that other people like how I presented my first post :) With as many games as you have, it's going to take a while though! Unless you are only planing on listing the games you've reviewed... ?

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Arcesius said:

Hey, absolutely nothing to worry about there! Just happy to hear that other people like how I presented my first post :) With as many games as you have, it's going to take a while though! Unless you are only planing on listing the games you've reviewed... 1f914.png

Phew..... That's good then.

I erm...... Might have done it already? xD

I thought Arc's a nice guy right? I'm sure he won't mind - if he does I'll just change it back.

It did take quite a while yeah, you're not wrong- I definitely underestimated that one - still I had nothing to do this evening, and I can't really go anywhere as I have an absolutely nasty head cold right now, so I'd just be wandering around sneezing in perpetuity, and that's not fun to be around, right?

.... So my night has been coffee, music and meticulously pasting in thumbnails for a looooooong old time.

5 hours ago, PlutoRico said:

I haven't played it on my former account so this is gonna be a new one ! I grabbed the game on a 60% sale I think. I really liked the gameplay videos I watched and the different modes looked appealing so I'm probably in for a treat 1f60b.png Did you find the platinum challenging ? Was the 7/10 mark on the guide accurate in your opinion ? 

Difficulty is subjective - so I guess take this with a pinch of salt, but I'd probably say that for me Revelations 2 was like a 5/10 maybe (if that)  if I was going to actually put it on an actual difficulty scale.

I think the difficulty is pretty fair, even on invisible enemy mode - you basically have to learn the game inside out. Which I like personally, as you end up really delving into the dodge mechanics and some of the melee combat, and crafting.

I found the countdown mode pretty challenging - but awesome at the same time, the type of game where you absolutely feel like you've mastered it by the end of your playtime with it.

I'd say you're definitely in for a treat with that one.

• Like 2

On 10/21/2021 at 10:05 PM, PlutoRico said:

Thanks for the shout out! I started doing that so that it gave me a reason to make sure the OP was up to date and a good snap shot of what was on the following pages, but as I've gotten more and more games under my belt, it definitely helps to keep things organized. I definitely recommend some sort of organization that works for you. If you like our format and it works for you, go for it :) it's hardly proprietary lol

You have a wide variety of games in your backlog. Any one you're looking forward to starting or any genre that tends to be your favorite?

• Like 1

Nice checklist!

I liked your old profile and I couldn’t help but notice the games you already played on this new one: Kung Fu Panda, Lumo and In Space We Brawl (stacked).

This looks to me like what UR hunters do and the ‘I’m going to play ? games for UR trophies’ mentality. Don’t do it! ?

Anyway. Good luck!

• Like 2

On 10/24/2021 at 6:50 AM, Briste said:

Thanks for the shout out! I started doing that so that it gave me a reason to make sure the OP was up to date and a good snap shot of what was on the following pages, but as I've gotten more and more games under my belt, it definitely helps to keep things organized. I definitely recommend some sort of organization that works for you. If you like our format and it works for you, go for it :) it's hardly proprietary lol

Thank you my friend, I'll see how I can twist it to make my own version of the idea ?

On 10/24/2021 at 6:50 AM, Briste said:

You have a wide variety of games in your backlog. Any one you're looking forward to starting or any genre that tends to be your favorite?

I would say the game I'm the most eager to start is definitely Trials Fusion, I heard a lot of good things about the game, and looking at gameplay videos, it looks challenging but very exciting. On the other hand, the game that scares me the most would be Trackmania Turbo. To be honest I tried the game for about 15 minutes on a burner account and I was already struggling on the second track ? I'm really a rookie when it comes to racer so I'll probably be in for a tough time with this game 

It might be a while until I play them tho, right now I'm focusing on online heavy games that are currently sitting on my backlog. I want to get them out of the way as fast as possible so I can take my time with other games. I also want to keep Trials and Trackmania games for some milestones so ?

On 10/24/2021 at 10:46 AM, Baker said:

Nice checklist!

I liked your old profile and I couldn’t help but notice the games you already played on this new one: Kung Fu Panda, Lumo and In Space We Brawl (stacked).

This looks to me like what UR hunters do and the ‘I’m going to play 1f4a9.png games for UR trophies’ mentality. Don’t do it! 1f602.png

Anyway. Good luck!

To be honest I started paying attention to my UR count a couple months ago when I was done with Max Payne, I felt like my ratio of UR trophies was way too low compared to my total trophy count, that's when I started looking to get more. When I started this account I wanted to build my UR count up so I got those games done quickly since I still own them. Having thousands of UR looks appealing on a profile so I'll try to get as many as I can but I won't solely focus on that ?

Edited by PlutoRico

• 2 weeks later...

Hey mate, congrats!

The online grind of time crisis is so tedious..

For me it was almost as bad as far cry 2, but i boosted both Games by myself with 4 ps3s?

Keep in mind, that the arcade mode is also online, its connected to the leaderboard!

So you could see every arcade mode trophy as an online trophy aswell.

A tip from my side, try to copy a run like this, as good as you can:

Best of luck! :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, S_y_n_e_IR_g_Y said:

Hey mate, congrats!

The online grind of time crisis is so tedious..

For me it was almost as bad as far cry 2, but i boosted both Games by myself with 4 ps3s1f605.png

Keep in mind, that the arcade mode is also online, its connected to the leaderboard!

So you could see every arcade mode trophy as an online trophy aswell.

A tip from my side, try to copy a run like this, as good as you can:

Best of luck! :)

Thank you my friend, will come in handy when I try to go for it in the next few days ?

It must've been annoying that you had to move 3 other players to get kills and the points related trophies for your main account, but it's for the better because you don't have to take turns boosting. Every time I have to work on some online trophies for a game, I wish I had that setup at home, it would save so much time ?

I remember the first time I scrolled through your profile I noticed you had a game where you was missing only one single easy trophy so at first I thought it glitched on you but then I realized you did that on purpose for most of your games ?

Are you planning on getting that platinum day anytime soon or is it something you would like to do at the far end of your gaming journey ? I've always wondered how you came up with this idea. I hope you're planning on documenting it, maybe through a checklist of your own ? I would be interested to follow the process haha.

Anyway, you've got a great profile my friend, I scrolled through it several times to gather some gaming ideas, you've done plenty of games I'm planning to tackle next. I'm excited to see how it's gonna look like after that platinum day when you will get all the trophies you're missing ?

Edited by PlutoRico
  • Like 2

Yo, my dude! So happy to see you've finally got around to making your own checklist! It's great to see that it's off to a strong start already - some great write ups, really tidy format and already full of awesome people with great conversation! 

P.s That grind on Time Crisis sounds horrific! Congrats on getting the bulk of it done. I really don't have the attention span for things like that. Unless there is an S-Rank shaped carrot dangling in front of me - then it's pretty much game on no matter what ?

• Like 1

On 01/11/2021 at 9:52 PM, PlutoRico said:

I honestly didn't realize the multiplayer grind was so massive. Here's what you need to do to finish the online component of the game : 

- Getting 7,650 kills and play 765 matches

- Reach max level (50) three times, which means getting prestige 2 level 50

- Getting 10,000 in Capture the Flag, 50,000 points in Deathmatch, 70,000 points in Team Deathmatch and 200,000 points in King of the Hill 

- Getting some misc trophies (10 kills in a row without dying, playing all modes, using all weapons, taking down 2 enemies simultaneously with a grenade etc.)

Sweet Zombie Jesus ????

I hope that single player is good fun, and worth all that grinding, my man!

Congrats on running that gauntlet though!

• Like 2

As someone who has done the same exact thing, (fresh start) I can assure you it does pay off, I'm about 3 years into my new account and while the numbers are alot smaller I am definitely more satisfied looking at my profile now rather then the 3000+ unearned on my old. Best of luck to you on this journey! 

you have some fantastic games to go through that you should enjoy :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KindaSabbath said:

Yo, my dude! So happy to see you've finally got around to making your own checklist! It's great to see that it's off to a strong start already - some great write ups, really tidy format and already full of awesome people with great conversation! 

I'm glad you finally stop by my friend, we was waiting for you to join the party to be honest haha. I made sure to give you credit on the OP as you are the main reason that motivated me to create my own checklist ? 

3 hours ago, KindaSabbath said:

P.s That grind on Time Crisis sounds horrific! Congrats on getting the bulk of it done. I really don't have the attention span for things like that. Unless there is an S-Rank shaped carrot dangling in front of me - then it's pretty much game on no matter what 1f601.png

Hahaha, wishing you a healthy and speedy recovery so you can get back to gaming as soon as possible (after taking care of personal business of course). I'm keeping Trials Fusion for a milestone btw (don't know which one yet) so I'm hoping you'll be around when I decide to go for it ?

3 hours ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Sweet Zombie Jesus 1f62e.png1f62e.png1f631.png1f635.png

I hope that single player is good fun, and worth all that grinding, my man!

Congrats on running that gauntlet though!

I'm doing Arcade mode right now and I can already start feeling the difficulty scaling up. You can take a look at the video @S_y_n_e_IR_g_Y posted 5 posts above to get an idea of how it looks like. It's basically an arcade shooter. Lots of fun so far but I need more practice to get it done haha, hope I can knock it off in the next few days. ?

1 hour ago, TheGreaterMoose said:

As someone who has done the same exact thing, (fresh start) I can assure you it does pay off, I'm about 3 years into my new account and while the numbers are alot smaller I am definitely more satisfied looking at my profile now rather then the 3000+ unearned on my old. Best of luck to you on this journey! 

you have some fantastic games to go through that you should enjoy :)

Thank you for stopping by my friend, I appreciate it. You've got a nice profile with some great games completed, hats off ! 

I agree with you tho, being satisfied when you take a look at your profile is way more important than chasing numbers. I was reluctant to start from scratch at first but honestly I don't regret it one bit. I even wish I had done it sooner so I wouldn't have to go through some games twice haha ?

You're also completing every game that you started so it's great. Looking forward to seeing where you go from here so I'll be following your progress from time to time. Feel free to drop by in this thread at any time, you're more than welcome here ?

• Like 2