Death From Above

RD9703

Has anyone got a way to do this easily?

I’ve become half decent with artillery and got 40 kills with it in a recent game, however I can never seem to hit a vehicle.

by the time one has been marked, I’ve rotated the gun, then angled it the tank has moved.

It doesn’t need to be a tank, just a vehicle but no one is going to mark a supply truck and they move faster than tanks anyway.

Basically has anyone got some recommendations other than “shoot where you think they might be”?

6 hours ago, RD9703 said:

Has anyone got a way to do this easily?

Honestly the easiest way is from the tank callouts from officers/commander. Then just getting lucky with the guy not moving, most tanks will remain stationary if they're holding a line.

If you're playing with a friend you can have them spot for you and constantly ping updates, that way you never lose track of the vehicles movements.

If you're REALLY desperate you could look for an empty enemy vehicle. Once you find one out on the map, take note of its location and immediately redeploy to artillery and fire on the location. That's the only way I think you could "boost' it solo.

• Like 4

I got lucky and randomly got the trophy, but if I had to recommend a strategy I would try to get it at the start of a game of Warfare. At the start of the game both teams rush the middle objective, most of the time using trucks to get there fast. So if you start carpet bombing the roads near the objective you should be able to destroy an abandoned vehicle at some point. 

Or you could try and team up with another player, letting them ping every abandoned truck for you. 

A common misconception is having the artillery aim right into the objective. When your team has to defend a point place the artillery fore between said point and the direction the enemy team rushes from their garrison / point. Lowers the chance of friendly fire and you get a better chance of hitting enemy armor.

Notice that certain maps like Carentan or the Siegfriedline objective have bridges as choke points. While enemy troops can cross the water, their tanks and trucks need these bridges. And they are visible on the map.

Cheers for the replies - I thought this was the case but it was worth checking for extra tips/advice which you've provided. Hopefully won’t be too long before I hit a vehicle!

15 hours ago, Deadvember said:

Use the hell let loose artillery calculator on Google. Makes your aiming 100% easier. You will direct hit your ping every time using it. 

Yeah I found a couple of those, where you tap a location on the map and it states the bearings etc. They’re very useful and certainly helped me become quite good at artillery, although I found a couple times the numbers were plain wrong (e.g. compass bearing had me facing the complete wrong way).

Certainly faster than adapting to pings and saves having to keep pinging the map to get a bearing!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Best tip I can give is to go as commander and use the Recon Plane ability on enemy strong points (or go as squad leader and wait for the commander to use those abilities), if you see a red hollowed losange on the map thats an enemy truck. Hop in the artillery and use the calculator as people are mentioning to pinpoint the location.

Also fire about 4 shots of artillery since there is a random spread for the shells.

Edited by solidsnake_cs
grammar

Just keep peppering the road near a point best places are forks in the road or crossroads/4 way stops on the opposite side of point from you.  I hit one about every two matches this way.  so at most if you sit on artillery and just keeps hitting the road it should only take a few matches.  

Target Objectives that you notice that your team is about to lose, especially on Offensive game mode when you are defending since your team can't retake it. Put 3-5 shells around the area and you might be lucky enough to hit a tank or truck.

Also Purple Heart Lane might be your best bet if you are still having trouble. Generally there is always at least one objective on the main road which means that any tanks or supply trucks that are sent to support the attack will have to come down that one main road since the canals prevent them from flanking. Just slowly walk your shells back by gradually increasing the range.