Episode %

How to reach 100% episode?

I completed normal playtrough and completed Ayane story, now I have 71%.

Like i understand i need to complete nightmare difficulty?

and do i need S rank in nightmare? because all S rank will give you equipment upgade not lens. Trophy says you need to upgrade lense and camera and no info about upgrades, you also can not level up them.

THank you

Edited by Riv1404

1 hour ago, Riv1404 said:

How to reach 100% episode?

I completed normal playtrough and completed Ayane story, now I have 71%.

Like i understand i need to complete nightmare difficulty?

and do i need S rank in nightmare? because all S rank will give you equipment upgade not lens. Trophy says you need to upgrade lense and camera and no info about upgrades, you also can not level up them.

THank you

For 100% episode you need to complete all episodes in both normal and nightmare, the rank doesn't count here.

S+ ranks is needed for Peerless Perfectionist however.

Edited by iSisko87
  • Like 2

As far as obtaining S+ ranks on Ayane’s levels, I know picking up items replaces taking photos for points (with the exception of the few echoes of Tsumugi).

However, to obtain enough points for S+ ranking, am I supposed to be intentionally fighting the ghosts with the flashlight?

Or is the best ranking available by just picking up all the items and being stealthy/running away through the whole thing?

Edited by SmileSlice

1 hour ago, SmileSlice said:

As far as obtaining S+ ranks on Ayane’s levels, I know picking up items replaces taking photos for points (with the exception of the few echoes of Tsumugi).

However, to obtain enough points for S+ ranking, am I supposed to be intentionally fighting the ghosts with the flashlight?

Or is the best ranking available by just picking up all the items and being stealthy/running away through the whole thing?

As long as you don’t use any items and pick up most of the items you’re guaranteed an S+

• Like 1

S+ rank is easily obtained on normal difficulty by abusing your weakest infinite film (the film type you first start the game with) and using the rewards lense. How long it takes you to beat a stage doesnt matter from my experience. Usually you can get the s+ rank halfway through a stage, thats how easy it is. It also helps picking up items that you find laying around for bonus points.

• Like 2

Getting S+ rank is weird. I did a rough fifth drop last night, using two embers, 1 holy water (mistakenly selected) and a bunch of the standard medicine; had an annoying time with corridor ghosts and still somehow got...S+

Didn't even use a collectible guide or anything. Just played normal.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Siriodorione said:

Hello guys! I have a question: if I am missing one or two ghosts, can I redo that level by taking the photo only of the missing ones? Would the percentage increase? I guess it has to be done all at once for S + rank only right?

Yes you can exit after getting the missing collectibles, you only need to reach the next checkpoint before leaving the chapter.

• Like 1

I gave it a try. I haven't upgraded the room damage yet just to see how much I feared: if you upgrade, you get fewer points.
I tried with level 0 damage to kill a ghost, always taking the same photos without missing balls etc., I scored 4150 points. To be safe, I did it again with 4220 points. Quite certain then to take the same photos. I then upgraded the room damage to level 3 (I have some points accumulated) and in the same way the ghost obviously died with a lot fewer photos giving me 2100 points. A big difference.
Basically, to do the S + it is not advisable to enhance the damage.
The thing would be solved if there was a lens that when used increases the points of the photos, is there a lens of this type?

24 minutes ago, Siriodorione said:

The thing would be solved if there was a lens that when used increases the points of the photos, is there a lens of this type?

Yes, the Reward Lens from Drop 7.

Points are only tricky in the first 7 or Drops. Later drops have enough ghosts that points are easy to get. You can upgrade Ren's damage immediately and still easily get S+ in all of his chapters. For Yuri/Mia though, wait until you already have S+ on Drops 1-7 Normal and Nightmare. Then you can upgrade your damage and get S+ on the later Drops.

• Like 2

One tip I can give when playing Ren's Drops is to use the 8 snapshot after a fatal frame with the type-7 film since you will deal miniscule damage and for some reason the orbs released returns to the ghost healing them. More health means more points. Doing it in Nightmare mode can backfire since fatal frame window is smaller (the falling lady's fatal window while falling disappears only shutter chance) and youre forced to use the snapshot while trying to figure out the fatal frame window. Use this farming technique at your own risk since you will be open to attacks with the reload time. Its an ok trade off for 250 points herbal medicine or a 500 points sacred water for additional 3k to 7k for a ghost. Fatal glance will give 500 bonus to offset using healing items too. 

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if Ayane's are counted in 100% of the archive? I finished the whole game "normal" (apart from Ayane) and I miss two of Ren's endings, I have the archive at 95% and I also have "traces" at 92% and it's very strange that I didn't notice those in the 14 drops, so I thought they might be with Ayane. 

Edited by Siriodorione

27 minutes ago, Siriodorione said:

Does anyone know if Ayane's are counted in 100% of the archive? I finished the whole game "normal" (apart from Ayane) and I miss two of Ren's endings, I have the archive at 95% and I also have "traces" at 92% and it's very strange that I didn't notice those in the 14 drops, so I thought they might be with Ayane. 

There are 3 archives and 4 traces in Ayane's episodes, and yes, those are counted towards 100%.

• Like 1