Adding to Wallet PS3

LegendExeter

Has anyone encountered any trouble adding money to their digital wallet for ps3 ps store purchases?

I've tried multiple cards and it keeps saying Error Please Try Again.  Cards are good nowhere near max.  Any suggestions?

I've been able to use my regular CC when after the notice came out up until a week ago now I can't use that and it's not letting me add funds.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Stevieboy said:

You can't add funds on PS3 or Vita using a card or PayPal anymore. Those platforms will only accept PSN codes now. You will have to either use a PS4, PS5 or the web store to add funds using a card or PayPal now.

I'm online at psn on my mobile go to user I'd, payment management, add funds.

Then it says how would you like to add funds a Cc or debit card, PayPal.  Are you saying that I can't use a CC to add funds to the wallet?  If not why is the option there?

6 minutes ago, LegendExeter said:

I'm online at psn on my mobile go to user I'd, payment management, add funds.

Then it says how would you like to add funds a Cc or debit card, PayPal.  Are you saying that I can't use a CC to add funds to the wallet?  If not why is the option there?

I've never used a mobile to access PSN, but I assume it's the same as using the web store. Therefore you should be able to add funds using a card or PayPal there. It's only specifically on the PS3 or Vita that you must use PSN credit.

Well, I was having trouble yesterday to add funds to my wallet using the PC version of PS Store, same error as @LegendExeter. To make clear, I wasn't trying to add funds using my ps3, I was trying to add funds using my CC on the PC version of PS Store.

There is definitely issue going on right now.

Well it's resolved yet I contacted Playstation Support and tweeted at them.  After speaking with support in chat they deleted all my billing information of which I have not tried to re-add it yet.  Then they also said to try buying a PS card on Amazon.  

I bought the PS Card, got the voucher code from Amazon, then entered into my digital wallet using a laptop and it added the funds. 

It's so odd that both credit cards and PayPal didn't work.  Yet solution for now is buy the PSN card.  I bought the PS4 card and it still worked on my ps3.

Edited by LegendExeter

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/6/2021 at 0:59 PM, LegendExeter said:

Well it's resolved yet I contacted Playstation Support and tweeted at them.  After speaking with support in chat they deleted all my billing information of which I have not tried to re-add it yet.  Then they also said to try buying a PS card on Amazon.  

I bought the PS Card, got the voucher code from Amazon, then entered into my digital wallet using a laptop and it added the funds. 

It's so odd that both credit cards and PayPal didn't work.  Yet solution for now is buy the PSN card.  I bought the PS4 card and it still worked on my ps3.

it works in low amounts of $10. anything above $10 it gives me a error. and i had to use 2 credit cards. once you had the funds in your wallet how did you buy the ps3 games? i have no wallet option. it shows i have money in my wallet, but no option to pick it. i think ill try deleting all my credit cards. i even tried the pc store basket and it dont show them in there. this is a nuisance

edit i got it to work after all that. i removed my items from the cart and re added them buying them one by one and it let me use the wallet option. odd. hope that helps someone in the future

Edited by melodicmizery
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, melodicmizery said:

it works in low amounts of $10. anything above $10 it gives me a error. and i had to use 2 credit cards. once you had the funds in your wallet how did you buy the ps3 games? i have no wallet option. it shows i have money in my wallet, but no option to pick it. i think ill try deleting all my credit cards. i even tried the pc store basket and it dont show them in there. this is a nuisance

edit i got it to work after all that. i removed my items from the cart and re added them buying them one by one and it let me use the wallet option. odd. hope that helps someone in the future

What a nightmare, I hope that isn't what is required to get it to work.  I didn't see this until now.  I went and bought a $60 card from Amazon, entered the code for redeem PSN card and the money was added to my digital wallet.  Then I went to the PSN store and it showed my funds available in wallet and let me purchase $57 worth.

I think the problem is with the initial credit cards attached to the account, and honestly any thereafter, they all need to be disconnected as you can't use them anyway.  Then go to Amazon and use the PSN card method for adding funds to wallet and it should work.  

6 hours ago, walafc0 said:

I was able to add funds with my CC through my PS4 and my computer without any issue last week and on Monday. Idk what's wrong with you guys but everything is working, you don't need to buy a PSN card from Amazon.

It not being an issue for you doesn't mean it isn't for anybody else. PSN/PS Store have been acting very weird ever since the announcement of its closure back in march, including not being able to sign-in because your password is wrong (when it's not), refusal to accept to buy a product in PS Store if you have the "require password for at sale checkout" option enabled, the whole 2-Factor authentication issue that is still going on, missing PS Plus games from download history, unable to add funds to wallet through PS Store mobile/PC version and many others. Just look at the first page of this forum and you'll see why TC problem isn't anything unexpected.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Otonio_Bruno said:

It not being an issue for you doesn't mean it isn't for anybody else. PSN/PS Store have been acting very weird ever since the announcement of its closure back in march, including not being able to sign-in because your password is wrong (when it's not), refusal to accept to buy a product in PS Store if you have the "require password for at sale checkout" option enabled, the whole 2-Factor authentication issue that is still going on, missing PS Plus games from download history, unable to add funds to wallet through PS Store mobile/PC version and many others. Just look at the first page of this forum and you'll see why TC problem isn't anything unexpected.

exactly.

and i dunno if tax has gone up or what but it seems higher. and if you have to buy a car online those are usually more expensive then they should be sometimes. plus tax. thats a extra 7$ at least just to bu something on top of ridiculous prices for old games. 

the ps3 store has been a chunky mess ever since the flashy gui. they should of stuck to the really old store. and the pc version is shit to. try to type in search and you come up with 15 pages 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, walafc0 said:

I was able to add funds with my CC through my PS4 and my computer without any issue last week and on Monday. Idk what's wrong with you guys but everything is working, you don't need to buy a PSN card from Amazon.

The PS4 and 5 can use credit cards directly.  The PS3 will not take credit cards anymore and instead all purchases have to be done through the digital wallet.  So you have to buy PSN cards and load the money to your wallet first 

9 hours ago, Otonio_Bruno said:

Oh okay, I wasn't aware of such a long list of issues since March, my bad. My PS3 was off since July 2020.

6 hours ago, LegendExeter said:

The PS4 and 5 can use credit cards directly.  The PS3 will not take credit cards anymore and instead all purchases have to be done through the digital wallet.  So you have to buy PSN cards and load the money to your wallet first 

Or, use you CC to load your wallet from PS4/5 if you have one or a web browser, which is what I did. My point is that buying PSN cards is not mandatory, it's one way among others.

1 hour ago, walafc0 said:

Or, use you CC to load your wallet from PS4/5 if you have one or a web browser, which is what I did. My point is that buying PSN cards is not mandatory, it's one way among others.

Yes, if we had a PS4 or 5, in my case I don't so PSN cards are the only way I can add money now.  Hence the reason why I meant adding money to PS3 wallet and not the other systems.

Good to note for those who have newer gen systems, yet for those who only have a PS3, PSN cards is the only way.

14 minutes ago, walafc0 said:

Did you read my previous post ? You can use your credit card with a web browser on a computer to add funds to your wallet. No PSN cards required.

I tried that with a web browser on my laptop, and it didn't work.  Which is why I contacted PS Support and sent them a Tweet, I couldn't add any money via any Credit Card to the wallet.  It gave me error messages over and over, I tried different amounts to purchase, I tried different credit cards, nothing.

The only thing that worked for me was using a PSN card from Amazon.

• Like 2

Looks like we are discussing two different things, that's why there is a misunderstanding. My point is that, in a general manner, a web browser can be used to refund. Your point is an experienced issue with the web browser. Makes sense to use PSN cards then ?

Edited by walafc0

18 hours ago, walafc0 said:

I was also able to use a CC on the website to load my wallet and buy a game on my vita.

• 4 months later...
17 hours ago, TakemetoNarnia4 said:

How do you add funds on the PSN wallet (want to buy a ps3 game) using the website?? I cannot figure it out. The app on mobile has also changed.

You have to buy a PSN card from Amazon and then redeem the code on playstationnetwork.com

• Like 1

1 hour ago, LegendExeter said:

You have to buy a PSN card from Amazon

Just had to go through this last week. Never had an issue adding funds in any of the typical ways, but recently it's been such a pain in the ass that it's just easier to buy a digital voucher from Amazon and redeem it through the web store.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, TakemetoNarnia4 said:

How do you add funds on the PSN wallet (want to buy a ps3 game) using the website?? I cannot figure it out. The app on mobile has also changed.

When signed into the site, click on your Avatar, click Payment Management, then you should see a button called Add Funds.

It is prone to giving people errors though. If it does remove your payment method, sign out, sign back in, re-add your payment method and try again. Worked for me.

Failing that then buying a PSN card from a retailer is another option.

2 hours ago, LegendExeter said:

You have to buy a PSN card from Amazon and then redeem the code on playstationnetwork.com

Codes can also be redeemed directly on the PS3 still I believe. But if you can get the website to work its still the more convenient way.

13 hours ago, MrHealthy said:

When signed into the site, click on your Avatar, click Payment Management, then you should see a button called Add Funds.

It is prone to giving people errors though. If it does remove your payment method, sign out, sign back in, re-add your payment method and try again. Worked for me.

Failing that then buying a PSN card from a retailer is another option.

Codes can also be redeemed directly on the PS3 still I believe. But if you can get the website to work its still the more convenient way.

Tried that many times

When I click PAYMENT MANAGEMENT it just takes me back to my personal information.

I will never understand why Sony can't seem to fix their website. 

9 hours ago, TakemetoNarnia4 said:

Tried that many times

When I click PAYMENT MANAGEMENT it just takes me back to my personal information.

I will never understand why Sony can't seem to fix their website. 

You can't use payment management since you don't have any payment methods to manage anymore.  You have to hit Redeem Code on their website and use the code you get from the card.

Then on the PS3 store exit the cart go to search give it a minute or two and go back into cart and the funds will be added to your wallet.