Playing doctor trophy

7 hours ago, MystifyR said:

does someone know if you need to get to lvl 12 to acquire 100%? cause i made the mistake of pissing off the triads and i get wrecked whenever i go through chinatown or can i wait till im on another island? or do i get rivals as soon as i do that to? 

Lvl 12 is required for 100%.

5 hours ago, aserfgh said:

I tried the Pause and Unpause it seems that its not working anymore.

Or maybe I did something wrong.

That exploit has been patched.

9 hours ago, MystifyR said:

does someone know if you need to get to lvl 12 to acquire 100%? cause i made the mistake of pissing off the triads and i get wrecked whenever i go through chinatown or can i wait till im on another island? or do i get rivals as soon as i do that to? 

Need to complete level 12 for 100%. Can do it on any island though. Just people prefer to get it out of the way straight away.

12 hours ago, kinnyman said:

I don't own these, but just wanted to throw this out there:  For the Vigilante missions did they remove the old pause / unpause trick?  I know in the re-releases on PS4 it still worked.  And if I remember right, it worked for VC as well.  For those who didn't know

When in vigilante and suspect is on screen in a car: pause the game, then unpause the game.  It caused the suspect to exit the vehicle which made it so much easier in the old ones.

Pause glitch didn't work for me, going to have try it once I have the uzi 

Pretty easy with the UZI. Ram their cars and shoot them when you can, time isn't a problem. Seems to repair (not visually) the car after each kill so shouldn't need another unless you flip it. Done both Portland and Staunton with 1 car for all 20 so you should be fine.

Or you could just wait and do it with the Rhino.

The problem in III with this I found was the handling. The ambulance tips over far too easily, unlike VC and SA. So I’ve always used the better handling cheat when going for it, which of course we can’t do anymore. So this will definitely be a challenge. :/ 

Actually, I find it a little sad we can’t use cheats in a way as this trilogy and cheats have just always gone hand in hand. It’s part of the fun!

Edited by VeldinX
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...

This has to be one of the dummest trophy I have ever got. Unlike what many people said on the forums, I found turning on the siren was crucial to make speedy cars stop at the intersection AND picking up CLOSEST patients was much better than going for the farthest ones to quickly rack up some time.

The IA is completely broken, sometimes I could start with 35 seconds when all patients are pretty far, giving me just 18 seconds for a guy across town and yet some other times I could start with 55 seconds when all patients are nearby and give +28 seconds ... That makes totally no sense. Besides even you finish the previous level 2 minutes ahead, the game doesn't care and restart the countdown. The game is also very buggy, my ambulance was stopped when i picked up a guy and all of sudden without any collision or anything, it flew up in the sky doing 20 flips and landed on top of a building ..... And other time a patient got stuck in the floor and couldn't move ..... GTA to its finest .....

• 1 month later...

Why do people advise to go for the farthest patients first? That's wrong, there's not enough time. Go first for the group of 3 that are closest to each other, to mass up seconds and get more time at the end, and be able to get that patient from far away.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

I beat the game and was cleaning up the remaining trophies. I sincerely regret not doing this right after the first mission.

While I did not manage to reach level 12, here's my tip: if you also beat the game and have near-100% completion and don't want to start over, I'd recommend Shoreside Vale. The only gang there is the Cartel and they are present in a very small area of the map. Going between the two sections is a pain but going to the hospital via the dam takes about +/- 50 seconds from the hideout if you cut through the grass hill. Once you have several patients, it also becomes easier to strategise the groups to pick up based on the West or East (though when you have 4+ east of the bridge, yeah, it sucks).

I managed to reach level 10, at which point I hit an NPC pretty dang slowly, causing my ambulance to catch fire… Not the first time this has happened, either! Previously, I had reached level 8 and pressed Triangle accidentally while trying to pause the game to look at the map. The time you get is pretty generous if you start with the closest patients, the real issue is the truck's health, which is really hard to deal with when you drive through the Cartel area (I once had a patient to pick up right in front of Catalina's mansion—surprise: I got blown up).

Staunton Island was not a bad spot but the hospital is right by the Cartel, usually in the cross-fire with the Yakuza, which can be dangerous, though going around the stadium side isn't too time-consuming. Also, the Yardies down South make it a pain as patients can spawn in their turf, and you can get pulled out of the ambulance while waiting for them to get in. If you want to try Staunton, do it before doing the final phone mission for King Courtney. But the best strategy would seem to be the first island!

I've wasted what feels like more than 5 hours trying to accomplish this so I'm giving up. It may sound unfair to other people who managed this but I'd only come back to this if they updated this to be somewhat easier (either disabling gangs—how can they even recognise me in the truck? foul play!—, allowing the health cheat, or making the ambulance more resistant), but with the track record on patches in general, I'm not holding my breath. Fun to revisit this classic, though!

UPDATE: Well, I did it after taking a break from the game. Endgame, Shoreside Vale, slow driving and lots of luck. My ambulance caught fire the second I got hit by a bullet after completing level 12, but done it is! Good luck to anybody else in the same situation.

Edited by JaKhris
Typo, update

• 4 months later...

Someone please correct me if i'm wrong, but is it me or are de PS5 versions of Definitive Editions unnecessarily harder (due to unbalancing in traffic and NPC's  being to dense)
It took me 6 solid hours to get the 12 mission paramedic. At one point I totally mastered the wobbely ambulance. And then it I could see that this mission is based pure on luck!!
(i'm talking about the first island i would not even dare to do it in the second or third island). I Say luck because of the RNG effect of the other cars. I had it happen 3 times on level 10 that I stop the ambulance for he patient.. And then a random car would run over the patient, making me lose time. Speaking of time. Sometimes you get extra time for dropping off patients and sometimes you don't.. All the other cars theire sole purpose is to sabotage you in all way possible. I did not have a good time. this was way to frustrating.

in the beginning i said ps5 versions being harder. This comes from the fact that (also on GTA san andreas) there are way too many cop spawns (yes they just pawn out of thin air instead of being around the corner) and there are too many pedestrians whom when you inevetabilly run over also loose time or get a one star cop wanted level.
I'n short..apart from the ambulance tipping over at the slightest wrong input. The time is wayyyy tooo strict (and buggy) but your main enemy are the other cars.
This is just an allround frustrating and unfair trophy to get. A total waste of precious time. 

Edited by Baximaal
  • Like 1

• 7 months later...

It definitely feels more unbalanced. Trying on both the PS4 and PS5 versions of Definitive Edition, I’ve barely been able to get halfway through the Paramedic Missions in GTAIII. I remember the old PS2 days, and something here just feels… off.

I never owned the original Trilogy Remastered on PS4, so I can’t speak on that. I think I’ll chance things and proceed to Staunton Island to try the Paramedic trophy, since the PS4 thread appears to imply it’s a bit easier.

For the record, I’ve never attempted Paramedic before in Shoreside Vale. Might give that a go as well. These games are still so fun, regardless of the frustrations.

Edited by SmileSlice
Corrected spelling and grammar.

• 2 months later...
On 11/10/2021 at 8:36 PM, FR3DDI3_HARRISON said:

Anyone else struggling to get this now ?

Yup. I reach level 11 twice. One time failed because ambulance became on fire. The other time I got screwed on random short amount of time given to me and time not being added when I dropped off 2 patients and needed 1 more to pick up. Absolutely ridiculous. 

On 3/12/2024 at 12:52 AM, BECKIM5 said:

Yup. I reach level 11 twice. One time failed because ambulance became on fire. The other time I got screwed on random short amount of time given to me and time not being added when I dropped off 2 patients and needed 1 more to pick up. Absolutely ridiculous. 

Wow man. I thought I was imagining the time thing myself.

A few times I actually lost time when dropping at the hospital. The time went from like 1.50ish to 59 seconds!

I struggled with this but finally got it last night. Between getting busted, dick head AI crashing you off the road or spinning you right round, or stopping in the road to block your way, and then being screwed with the times this is a bs trophy. Also the patients who mess around running around you or getting knocked over! Then you have to wait valuable seconds for them! Wtf is that all about lol

Shortcuts helped so much. 

I found the toughest levels were 4, 5 & 6 when the pickups can be so far from each other they are designed purely to fail.

I know someone above says to get the far away pick ups first. But I tended to leave them till the very last & get the closest first. Particularly when the timer starts at 40 or even 35 seconds. By the time you've got the nearer ones you get the pick up bonus time which helps you get to the far away ones much earlier.

Edited by yoda_squad