Endwalker trophy thoughts?

Rebourne07

1 hour ago, XileLerinril said:

This is not even close to accurate. Five or Six people is more than enough to do the world boss fates. As long as you have a healer and a tank then you should be fine. 

Thank you. That 100 man claim was scaring me lol

Edited by Rebourne07

58 minutes ago, winter_bird_22 said:

I discovered that my Trust system changed after the patch, now I have all the character I need at Level 80. I assume that this is because I completed 5.55 and any new player will have Level 70 Reyn and other characters if they enter Shadowbringers.

That's because you're at the Scenario tab for Trusts. Go to the Avatars tab to see what lvl your Trusts actually are. 

• Like 2

I quite like the list, happy they'll continue to add trophies! But.. having just witnessed my boyfriend getting the Triple Triad mount (Card 1-312) I'm dreading that grind.. that takes some real dedication and persistance. 

3 hours ago, Adilya said:

I quite like the list, happy they'll continue to add trophies! But.. having just witnessed my boyfriend getting the Triple Triad mount (Card 1-312) I'm dreading that grind.. that takes some real dedication and persistance. 

Yo...how'd you get that XIV stats thing in your signature?

22 minutes ago, Rebourne07 said:

Yo...how'd you get that XIV stats thing in your signature?

It's a screenshot of the game collection tracker / social game community webapp I build, which has an integration with FFXIV (https://infinitebacklog.nl/users/adilya you can click on the XIV card there for more details). But no automated signatures, sorry :P

Edited by Adilya
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Thaerick said:

So I finished getting all trusts to 90. Took me around 35 hours. The fact that there’s 7 makes it really awkward. You gotta bounce groups around a bit. 

Thank you for saying how long it took. Good to know that even though its long its not like 100+ hours long

On 10/12/2021 at 0:34 AM, DarkAnimaa said:

Cards trophy is 100% breaker definitely, even if they add more cards in the future you'd still need a good rng to get these.

Not to mention the tournament cards too....

gl gamers  

You don't need the tournament cards for the trophy. Just have to place 1st in a tournament once for the card you get from that in-game achievement, but that's it, none of the silver cards are needed (and might not even count? Not sure). At least, that's what you needed for the 1-312 cards of the previous expansion which was the hardest to get to date. The new achievement just adds the Endwalker cards, which probably isn't more than random NPCs, dungeons, trials and Bicolor Gemstones. That being said, the grind for the first 312 cards is brutal.

Edit: My previous statement seems to be false, I just looked through my boyfriend's list who is only missing 6 normal cards and it isn't adding up, so you WILL need silver cards to get the trophy, at least until next patches where they add more cards. :(

Edited by Adilya

I'd highly advise people to get the tournament cards done as soon as possible. Shantotto's card is from 30 tournament wins. There's a weekly limit of 15 matches per tournament. Assuming you win all 15 matches there, the soonest you can get this card is in the next tournament. Get this started on asap so you don't find yourself spending months getting 30 wins. Also keep an eye out for when the tournaments actually take place. Ideally you'd want to score 1600 points at the end of a tournament so you'd get 3 platinum card packs (packs which can drop Firion, Cecil, Tidus and Lightning although very rare). I'm not sure if attaining top 3 for a guaranteed Firion/Cecil/Tidus/Lightning card is feasible for the average person so you'd have to depend on the packs. Unsure if wintrading is rampant within tournaments since the top 3 always have really high scores but yeah it'd be hard to be in top 3 without playing against real people and not just NPCs.

All the 'dissidia' / silver cards are required for the trophy. I'm gunning for them since I feel that SE will just keep adding new Triple Triad trophies with each expansion. Better to stay on top of them.

Edited by PostGameBlues
  • Like 1

On 12/11/2021 at 11:34 AM, PostGameBlues said:

I'd highly advise people to get the tournament cards done as soon as possible. Shantotto's card is from 30 tournament wins. There's a weekly limit of 15 matches per tournament. Assuming you win all 15 matches there, the soonest you can get this card is in the next tournament. Get this started on asap so you don't find yourself spending months getting 30 wins. Also keep an eye out for when the tournaments actually take place. Ideally you'd want to score 1600 points at the end of a tournament so you'd get 3 platinum card packs (packs which can drop Firion, Cecil, Tidus and Lightning although very rare). I'm not sure if attaining top 3 for a guaranteed Firion/Cecil/Tidus/Lightning card is feasible for the average person so you'd have to depend on the packs. Unsure if wintrading is rampant within tournaments since the top 3 always have really high scores but yeah it'd be hard to be in top 3 without playing against real people and not just NPCs.

All the 'dissidia' / silver cards are required for the trophy. I'm gunning for them since I feel that SE will just keep adding new Triple Triad trophies with each expansion. Better to stay on top of them.

Thanks, I still hate the fact that we gotta get those cards but it is what it is. Yesterday I luckily got the card I needed from the long level 50 MSQ dgn despite playing the game for years and never getting it before. This is going to be painful RNG wise but I’m up for it. Least thing is leave tournament cards and wait till new cards drop :)

On 12/10/2021 at 8:46 PM, Thaerick said:

Ok i should specify this was only 80-90. I had already done 70-80 before the expac. Sorry

So if it took you 35-36 hours, and since there's 7 trust members creating 3 groups, that means from 80-90 you did about 23-24 dungeons runs (12 hours) per group (which includes Paglthan runs from 80-81)? That doesn't seem as bad as what the trust levelling was like back in 5.0 or even 5.05. Still, I really wish SE updated the trusts to have AoE rotations. Watching them do single target rotations on 3+ mob packs is incredibly frustrating. I get that they still want to make Duty Finder groups faster but goddamn their DPS is like 50% of what you do alone, which results in 25-30 minutes of dungeon tedium.

May I ask how you split your trust members into 3 groups? I'm intending to get them all to 90 using a DPS job since I feel like I can carry the runs a lot more with my damage. Right now I'm thinking of doing:

+ Group A: Thancred (tank) , Urianger (healer), Y'shtola (dps) , me as another dps

+ Group B: Graha (tank), Alphinaud (healer), Alisaie (dps), me as another dps

+ Group C: Either Thancred or Graha for tank, Urianger or Alphinaud for healer, then Estinien (dps), me as another dps

Right now I'm currently at Malikah's Well with my trusts, I plan to do Paglthan at 80 to 81 since it gives the most EXP out of all lvl 80 dungeons. I wish it was just 2 groups instead of 3, it feels bad doing another 23-24 runs just for one trust member. Thank god I can ignore Ryne for now so I only have two groups for SHB dungeons. Although who knows 7.0 we might see her again so I might level her up during a content drought lol.

Edited by PostGameBlues

5 hours ago, PostGameBlues said:

So if it took you 35-36 hours, and since there's 7 trust members creating 3 groups, that means from 80-90 you did about 23-24 dungeons runs (12 hours) per group (which includes Paglthan runs from 80-81)? That doesn't seem as bad as what the trust levelling was like back in 5.0 or even 5.05. Still, I really wish SE updated the trusts to have AoE rotations. Watching them do single target rotations on 3+ mob packs is incredibly frustrating. I get that they still want to make Duty Finder groups faster but goddamn their DPS is like 50% of what you do alone, which results in 25-30 minutes of dungeon tedium.

May I ask how you split your trust members into 3 groups? I'm intending to get them all to 90 using a DPS job since I feel like I can carry the runs a lot more with my damage. Right now I'm thinking of doing:

+ Group A: Thancred (tank) , Urianger (healer), Y'shtola (dps) , me as another dps

+ Group B: Graha (tank), Alphinaud (healer), Alisaie (dps), me as another dps

+ Group C: Either Thancred or Graha for tank, Urianger or Alphinaud for healer, then Estinien (dps), me as another dps

Right now I'm currently at Malikah's Well with my trusts, I plan to do Paglthan at 80 to 81 since it gives the most EXP out of all lvl 80 dungeons. I wish it was just 2 groups instead of 3, it feels bad doing another 23-24 runs just for one trust member. Thank god I can ignore Ryne for now so I only have two groups for SHB dungeons. Although who knows 7.0 we might see her again so I might level her up during a content drought lol.

They actually start at 81. So no need for 80-81. 

i levelled 2 jobs with it. 

my first group was 

thancred

urianger

estinien

me on blm

my 2nd was 

me on war (can wall to wall cause war healing is broken) 

alphinaud

alisae

yshtola

since the trusts level faster than you I actually didn’t have a 3rd group. I just slotted graha in whenever they hit the next dungeon level until my job hit the level needed for the next one. 

this saved me a few runs so I did it in like 60 rather than 69.

i made graha the extra since he’s an allrounder

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Thaerick said:

since the trusts level faster than you I actually didn’t have a 3rd group. I just slotted graha in whenever they hit the next dungeon level until my job hit the level needed for the next one. 

this saved me a few runs so I did it in like 60 rather than 69.

i made graha the extra since he’s an allrounder

Yeah I might actually make Graha the extra because when Endwalker came out his trust level was set to 81 already, so he benefitted from all the exp of me going from 74- 79 with my other trust members. He's currently level 82 already.

So basically, do one group -> get them to level of next dungeon -> do second group -> get them to level of next dungeon -> slot graha in, then keep doing runs with him till you hit level of next dungeon yourself.  That's a neat way to do it actually. Since trusts level faster than you now instead of what it was like in 5.0 where they'd get left behind, this is quite assuring.

https://www.polygon.com/ffxiv-guides-ff14-final-fantasy-14-online/22832707/chi-bolts-level-checker-mount-daivadipa-bead-minion-fate-boss-spawn

This page has information on how to get those FATEs to pop. I wondered why they made those FATEs into trophies, then I saw the rewards. Seriously, they want you to get those elephant costumes. xD

Also, thanks to those people who talked about how to level up your Trusts. I might do that once I finish the MSQ. Right now I just need to finish up some beast tribe quests(finally got all my Heavensward tribes to Allied Status) and then get those final 191 gather collectibles for Livin' Off The Land IV. :)

Not sure if I will 100% Endwalker in my life time as finding out you have to be excellent at Triple Triad to get all of the cards is painful. I don't really like card games. Still, I hope that now I can get that final Stormblood trophy(clearing Alphascape V4.0 Savage) because it bothers me that that raid is as hard as Shadowbringers Extreme Titania. :(

Edited by winter_bird_22

On 18/12/2021 at 4:13 PM, winter_bird_22 said:Not sure if I will 100% Endwalker in my life time as finding out you have to be excellent at Triple Triad to get all of the cards is painful. I don't really like card games. Still, I hope that now I can get that final Stormblood trophy(clearing Alphascape V4.0 Savage) because it bothers me that that raid is as hard as Shadowbringers Extreme Titania. :(

Savage is supposed to be harder than extreme primals. But if you unsync o12 is a joke and you can skip almost everything. 

I even did it on blue mage. That was fun. Not as fun as a8s. But still fun. 

On 12/9/2021 at 6:34 PM, DarkAnimaa said:

Cards trophy is 100% breaker definitely, even if they add more cards in the future you'd still need a good rng to get these.

Not to mention the tournament cards too....

gl gamers  

There's definitely rng, but by the end of this expansion there will probably be an extra 20-30 cards added followed by more in the following expansion. Patient people will be able to get it if they put in some effort. I'm at 208/340 and haven't really played TT since Heavensward from a few years ago.

Edit: Also a great resource for those going for the trophy: https://triad.raelys.com/cards. You can input the card you have then filter it to show the cards you don't have to find out where they come from.

Edited by sepheroithisgod
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, sepheroithisgod said:

There's definitely rng, but by the end of this expansion there will probably be an extra 20-30 cards added followed by more in the following expansion. Patient people will be able to get it if they put in some effort. I'm at 208/340 and haven't really played TT since Heavensward from a few years ago.

Edit: Also a great resource for those going for the trophy: https://triad.raelys.com/cards. You can input the card you have then filter it to show the cards you don't have to find out where they come from.

Yeah this trophy will definitely get easier over time due to more cards being added, making tournament cards completely optional. But since this trophy was added, it means that 7.0 and onwards we could see updated Triple Triad trophies being implemented. So it could create a never ending waiting game if youre not on top of collecting all of them lol.  

I'm sitting at 339/344 and I'm basically missing 5 dissidia cards all of which are tied to tournaments. I'll unlock Shantotto hopefully by the next tournament, and I'm praying to god that the platinum card packs I get from the current tournament give me Tidus/Lightning/Firion/Cecil. With tournaments, you should always go for human opponents since draws/wins from human opponents give out a whole lot more points than wins against the best NPCs in the battlehall. 

Also, I preferred using https://arrtripletriad.com/en/cards since there's user comments there and sometimes they give out tips like recommended strats/cheese or decks for certain irritating NPCs. 

Edited by PostGameBlues
  • Like 1