Resident Evil: Outrage Cancelled (Rumor)

BestUsername----

If it's true that Outrage was suppose to be a multiplayer exclusive game I only have 2 thoughts.

1, I was wondering how many times multiplayer centric games considered a failure led Capcom to realize that this is not what it's current and new player bases want.

And 2, I hope it wasn't some time of Outbreak game as that is maybe the only exception.

Edited by BestUsername----

Some of CapCom's biggest games of all time, fighters and beat'em ups, are multiplayer focused.  The best selling Resident Evil to date is RE5, which is multiplayer focused. So, that argument is, objectively, wrong.
Dont get hiveminds complaining on the internet confused with everyone.

The problem with most of the Resident Evil focused multiplayer games is they feel like cash grabs meant to trend chase instead of well thought out and creative games,

I never heard about this until now but looking it up I'm seeing a different RE Outrage where it was supposed to be a third-person game like RE2 and 3 remake but you play as Rebecca Chambers. I don't like the idea of being robbed of a game that would have had Rebecca in it...

If it was supposed to be a multi-player thing then I wish Capcom would remember Outbreak was a thing and they could do another attempt at that since the original was hampered by a lack of widespread online and you couldn't use a microphone to communicate with other players. I feel like their better online experiences are from co-op like RE5, 6, and Lost Planet 2.

37 minutes ago, BestUsername---- said:

If it's true that Outrage was suppose to be a multiplayer exclusive game I only have 2 thoughts.

1, I was wondering how many times multiplayer centric games considered a failure led Capcom to realize that this is not what it's current and new player bases want.

And 2, I hope it wasn't some time of Outbreak game as that is maybe the only exception.

Little disappointed, cause I've read that it was suppose to start with Rebecca in the main lead, but if it was a multiplayer title then no bueno. Enough with the multiplayer title no one asked for in the community. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Chaos_Culture said:

Some of CapCom's biggest games of all time, fighters and beat'em ups, are multiplayer focused.  The best selling Resident Evil to date is RE5, which is multiplayer focused. So, that argument is, objectively, wrong.
Dont get hiveminds complaining on the internet confused with everyone.

The problem with most of the Resident Evil focused multiplayer games is they feel like cash grabs meant to trend chase instead of well thought out and creative games,

I don't know what fighters have to do with this, but yes fighters lean heavily on multiplayer. But I wouldn't say objectively RE5 is the best selling because of multiplayer. I think (no real proof here) that it piggy backed off the success of 4. Although I will agree that multiplayer was good in that game as was Revelations 1 and 2, but they are not like Outbreak which is actually multiplayer centric and depends on it. I would also say that I somewhat enjoyed 6 and ORC because of its single player capabilities. But like someone else said, compare that to the likes of Umbrella Corps, Resistance, and the new Re:Verse which are multiplayer centric, not focused, then you'll be worried to hear something like Outrage which is also "multiplayer exclusive"

15 minutes ago, Redgrave said:

I never heard about this until now but looking it up I'm seeing a different RE Outrage where it was supposed to be a third-person game like RE2 and 3 remake but you play as Rebecca Chambers. I don't like the idea of being robbed of a game that would have had Rebecca in it...

If it was supposed to be a multi-player thing then I wish Capcom would remember Outbreak was a thing and they could do another attempt at that since the original was hampered by a lack of widespread online and you couldn't use a microphone to communicate with other players. I feel like their better online experiences are from co-op like RE5, 6, and Lost Planet 2.

15 minutes ago, MarcusPunisher said:

Little disappointed, cause I've read that it was suppose to start with Rebecca in the main lead, but if it was a multiplayer title then no bueno. Enough with the multiplayer title no one asked for in the community. 

I believe Outrage and RESwitch were always 2 different entities. The Rebecca game is a timed exclusive Switch game that is rumored to be Revelations 3 and should still be in development.

Edited by BestUsername----
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MarcusPunisher said:

I'm sorry, but when your latest titles involve games like, Umbrella Corps, RE Resistance and Re:Verse that the fandom generally responded negatively, there is not gonna be much confidence to release another that probably would be received negatively. Plus, RE 5 also functions as a single player game that has it's own narrative were the co-op is encouraged, but not necessary so you can't put that in the same category. 

I agree with this the only thing Resident Evil needs in terms of some kind of online type is ether outbreak like co op style game or a fps type of co op style outbreak style game. Like mostly thinking of something like no more room in hell in the way that game does it.

• 4 weeks later...

Fans have been asking for some kind of follow up on Outbreak for years now and it's like Capcom has their fingers in their ears about it. Maybe they think it wouldn't be worth the effort for the amount of casual interest there would be in it or something. Outbreak File 1 + 2 remake with over the shoulder controls would be amazing

• Like 1

Wait a minute. First, RE Outrage was supposed to be REvelations 3 with Rebecca but got a new title and more protagonists and now it was a multiplayer centric game all along?

And all this without a single official confirmation by Capcom. I feel like i'm mourning something that never even existed. :(

• 1 month later...

Outrage in its early days of knowledge was the codename for revelations 3. Also known as the timed exclusive to the switch as the game was to be made with the switch in mind, controller and how the switch is played being the main factor alas revelations from the DS. 

It's only recently its come to light about it being a multiplayer game.

I'm still debating if it was infact a single player story based game, I also believe artwork for Wesker that DC Douglas leaked was for the Outrage game, not remake 4. But based on that leak I can understand it being a multiplayer game if they created a new Wesker model(unless it's a clone)

I heard outrage is going to be included with a new Resident evil game. Hopefully doesn't get cancelled, Re verse is not cancelled the mystery countdown timer might include a couple of games. If the new resident evil doesn't get announced after the countdown timer it should have a Announcement trailer next week.

Edited by gamercris066