I make a list for devs like this

CB7Tuner91

Perfect Start has got to be one of the most infuriating luck based trophies I've ever come across. There's a special place in hell for devs who put trophies like this just for the sake of being hard. They are officially on my list of devs that I will never touch anything they make in the future. 

Update: Perfect start is a cake walk compared to Ultimate Wizard...my god. Atleast with Perfect Start you could pause it and dictate your moves. Thats not an option with Ultimate Wizard because its covered up. If this game has taught me anything its to do my homework before ever starting a game. Because I'm experiencing major burnout from this games trophy list.

Edited by CB7Tuner91
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Helyx said:

Go ahead and add Asmodee Digital to the list. They're completely incompetent and don't support their games.

I second that. They mostly make mobile games based on popular board games but i've only played Arkham Horror on Switch. There was an issue with the trophies on ps4 and contacted them but I never got a response. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, CB7Tuner91 said:

What do they make?

They typically digitize board games made by their parent company Asmodee. They've secured licenses for franchises like Lord of the Rings, but can't seem to find the money to support their releases by pretending they're still a small time publisher. Just look at what they did to Munchkin and it'll tell you everything you need to know about how poorly they QC their releases.

Edited by Helyx

Oh nice, are we making a naughty list? I've been keeping my own. I nominate:

Vlambeer for releasing and never fixing Luftrausers. They also developed Nuclear Throne, but it looks like they fixed that one.

Cybernate for releasing and never fixing Super Mutant Alien Assault (PS4). The later Vita version looks like it's fixed, which to me is a slap in the face for those who bought on PS4.

To be clear, I didn't play any of these games so this isn't a personal vendetta. More of a warning to stay away from devs that don't adequately support their products. I'm sure there are more examples so please feel free to add on.

Edited by RNumbers
  • Like 3

On 17/12/2021 at 1:01 PM, RNumbers said:

Oh nice, are we making a naughty list? I've been keeping my own. I nominate:

Vlambeer for releasing and never fixing Luftrausers. They also developed Nuclear Throne, but it looks like they fixed that one.

Cybernate for releasing and never fixing Super Mutant Alien Assault (PS4). The later Vita version looks like it's fixed, which to me is a slap in the face for those who bought on PS4.

Grimm Bros, LLC for Dragon Fin Soup. Enough said. Probably no risk of them ever releasing another game though.

To be clear, I didn't play any of these games so this isn't a personal vendetta. More of a warning to stay away from devs that don't adequately support their products. I'm sure there are more examples so please feel free to add on.

To be fair the entire situation around Dragon Fin Soup I honestly feel for the devs. While yes it was botched it wasn't them that actually did it and they used an outside company to port it. This company either lost or refused to fix the PSN version for them. (Probably due to making almost no money on to as it was offered on ps plus. Plus splitting revenue with the original devs and Sony for digital only sales.)

The original devs also gave out free Steam keys to PSN players because they launched late but also kept it open after due to the obvious issues. (Basically trying to fix in what way they could, the porting devs never attempted.) So that way players could at least play something that worked. They were a studio of only 5 people and this was there one and only game.

Broken game, broken trophies, but I wouldn't throw the devs under if they ever did comeback to make another game. Stuff like lost code is a thing that happens and it's just happens to be the porting dev they used were aholes that wouldn't even give them the code to fix it themselves.

On 16/12/2021 at 10:54 PM, CB7Tuner91 said:

Perfect Start has got to be one of the most infuriating luck based trophies I've ever come across. There's a special place in hell for devs who put trophies like this just for the sake of being hard. They are officially on my list of devs that I will never touch anything they make in the future. 

Luckily it's their one and only game on here so no worries about running into another list like this. Though I couldn't be that hard on them. There's lots of other RNG or Luck based trophies in games besides this. Some harder, some easier I can't say I disagree with the annoyance of these trophies but at least they're still obtainable.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Lord_Bane999 said:

To be fair the entire situation around Dragon Fin Soup I honestly feel for the devs. While yes it was botched it wasn't them that actually did it and they used an outside company to port it. This company either lost or refused to fix the PSN version for them. (Probably due to making almost no money on to as it was offered on ps plus. Plus splitting revenue with the original devs and Sony for digital only sales.)

Ok, fair enough. I recognize that sometimes shit happens. I'll go ahead and edit my post. Since they have no other games the point is kind of moot anyway.

• 3 weeks later...
On 17/12/2021 at 0:54 AM, CB7Tuner91 said:

Update: Perfect start is a cake walk compared to Ultimate Wizard...my god. Atleast with Perfect Start you could pause it and dictate your moves. Thats not an option with Ultimate Wizard because its covered up. If this game has taught me anything its to do my homework before ever starting a game. Because I'm experiencing major burnout from this games trophy list.

I don't understand why those trophies seem so difficult to everyone, they came out too fast for me, about 3 serious attempts and that's it. What did cost me was challenge 46, 2 hours lost in that challenge but in this game nothing is really complicated

9 hours ago, PumpedBySanty12 said:

I don't understand why those trophies seem so difficult to everyone, they came out too fast for me, about 3 serious attempts and that's it. What did cost me was challenge 46, 2 hours lost in that challenge but in this game nothing is really complicated

Building a solid foundation for Ultimate Wizard can take the right setup of perfect big blocks. But the hardest part is about midway through the pieces start speeding up and there's fog. Thats when I lose my foundation. Then at the end they are going triple the speed and its those random stupid windmill or piano. Game has easily been a 9/10

1 hour ago, CB7Tuner91 said:

Building a solid foundation for Ultimate Wizard can take the right setup of perfect big blocks. But the hardest part is about midway through the pieces start speeding up and there's fog. Thats when I lose my foundation. Then at the end they are going triple the speed and its those random stupid windmill or piano. Game has easily been a 9/10

The key will always be to get to the cement and use it with a large piece, with that it does not matter much what base you have had before because it will hold too easy and you will have a lot of space to put blocks and make mistakes

5 hours ago, PumpedBySanty12 said:

The key will always be to get to the cement and use it with a large piece, with that it does not matter much what base you have had before because it will hold too easy and you will have a lot of space to put blocks and make mistakes

Yea that works for Perfect Start, but Ultimate Wizard that is not the case. Everything is scripted with this one. You only get the cement spell about three quarters of the way into it. The only way to build an okay foundation is to vine together the giant pieces at the beginning, but that usually requires multiple restarts to get the right combination of bricks. Ive gotten to the last two or three pieces so many times, but because of the unfair spells at the end and the crappy physics of this game it screws me every time. 

2 hours ago, CB7Tuner91 said:

Yea that works for Perfect Start, but Ultimate Wizard that is not the case. Everything is scripted with this one. You only get the cement spell about three quarters of the way into it. The only way to build an okay foundation is to vine together the giant pieces at the beginning, but that usually requires multiple restarts to get the right combination of bricks. Ive gotten to the last two or three pieces so many times, but because of the unfair spells at the end and the crappy physics of this game it screws me every time. 

Now I remember, it is easy to build a base with the bricks and the vine, in the end with the spells if it is to have a bit of luck but you can put the structures quickly so that they last 3 seconds