Help - Two PS4 profiles signed in but only one recieves trophies

Matthew_Banfield

Hi all,

Me and my girlfriend have profiles on my PS4 and we were both signed in on controllers and tried to play lego marvel together. Whilst playing I was the only profile earning trophies, does anyone know the reasoning for this? I was under the impression that both of us would get trophies which i though would be cool as she isn't really into games and I wanted to try and change that!

Was annoyed it didn't work, any help would be appreciated?!

Cheers,

Mr B 

yeh i need this... haha good one fox, Parker to the rescue? I cant delete the thread!

Taken care of. 

I was under the impression that the second player would be able to earn trophies on their own profile, I'm fairly positive Sony said that before the PS4 released. That sucks if most games won't support it. 

Parker

Taken care of. 

I was under the impression that the second player would be able to earn trophies on their own profile, I'm fairly positive Sony said that before the PS4 released. That sucks if most games won't support it. 

Parker

Thanks man! I was also under that impression, but maybe it is because it is a ps3/ps4 game and that isnt supported on ps3?

It must depend on the game. In COD Ghosts, both accounts get the trophies. I've been playing couch co-op with my brother-in-law (he doesn't have a PS4 yet) since launch and he has gotten 3 of the Extinctions based trophies to pop for his account while playing with me on my PS4.

Some do some dont.

From what ive played coop, Playroom does, Knack and Trine 2 dont.

My gut feeling is that since Playroom is more a proving ground for the tech than anything else, probably more games in the future will, once the tech is more understood by developers.