The Platinum Games (Ongoing) (SIGN-UPS Closed)

7 hours ago, B1ngBangBOsh said:

Aye, been feeling the burnout for around a week now. But I haven’t played any hard games, or specifically long ones for that comp since it was more how many games you can finish rather than meeting a specific criteria. Got 24 plats since 15th Feb for that one. A bunch won’t meet the criteria for the Games though. I know I’ve done April and August months so no rush there. Just gotta figure something out for July. Since I have the crash trilogy but I’m not really fond of Crash, so I don’t feel like doing that one. I bought the Spyro trilogy back in January but that’s not eligible so sad times. But there’s 3 months there so I might force myself through Crash 2 and 3 if I don’t feel like doing any others.

Crash ain’t that easy I’ve been hearing but I hate plateformers so I stay far away lol but you can do Spyro I did you just the first game of the trilogy won’t be eligible 

10 hours ago, ArtikSkarab said:

I ended up March with 4 completions; Lego Indiana Jones 2, World to the West, Concrete Genie (Base game only) and Bridge Constructor. Could have probably pushed for 5, but I took wasted some time trying for Sonic Team Racing and also slowed down near the end of the month.

I know for my team, the Drakes, Lumdubz did pull off a 5-completion, so shouldn't be in danger there.

Nice, I did 6 games that count this month. Pretty happy with it, I don't know how I managed to do that, I guess I had some free weekends here and there.

8 hours ago, B1ngBangBOsh said:

Aye, been feeling the burnout for around a week now. But I haven’t played any hard games, or specifically long ones for that comp since it was more how many games you can finish rather than meeting a specific criteria. Got 24 plats since 15th Feb for that one. A bunch won’t meet the criteria for the Games though. I know I’ve done April and August months so no rush there. Just gotta figure something out for July. Since I have the crash trilogy but I’m not really fond of Crash, so I don’t feel like doing that one. I bought the Spyro trilogy back in January but that’s not eligible so sad times. But there’s 3 months there so I might force myself through Crash 2 and 3 if I don’t feel like doing any others.

Good thing is that if you had that many trophies in this month you can try and do Spyro. because you probably already qualify for the next 2 months, so take those months as a freebie, unless OP changes up a bit the next 2 challenges.

4 hours ago, Toxicmatic- said:

Crash ain’t that easy I’ve been hearing but I hate plateformers so I stay far away lol but you can do Spyro I did you just the first game of the trilogy won’t be eligible 

I’m right here with you on platformers lol. I was raised on CoD and Fifa. And now I’m into the open world games more than anything. Crash 1 was an absolute pain. But 2 and 3 are supposed to be easier and I’ve already got a trophy for #2 so I’m definitely gonna commit to it eventually. And may as well do 3 with it to finish off the trilogy.

3 hours ago, MAUSZX said:

Nice, I did 6 games that count this month. Pretty happy with it, I don't know how I managed to do that, I guess I had some free weekends here and there.

Good thing is that if you had that many trophies in this month you can try and do Spyro. because you probably already qualify for the next 2 months, so take those months as a freebie, unless OP changes up a bit the next 2 challenges.

Nice one on the 6 games lad.

I’m not gonna do Spyro for a bit to be fair. There was a bug on Brazilian PS Store and they’ve gotten Ghost of Tsushima for free. So that’s my next long game whilst I do Concrete Genie and then Ghostrunner. After those I’m gonna do Fallout 4 and work on R&C Rift Apart when I’m halfway through it as a palette cleanser. At the same time I’m playing Unravel 2 maybe 2 hours a week or so with a friend and that’ll also get done eventually. Right now I’m just cleaning up a bunch of DLC’s. 

Edited by B1ngBangBOsh

On 3/28/2022 at 2:09 PM, Toxicmatic- said:

i swear you said it ended on the 28th?? maybe you changed it.. either way more time lol

No I always said 29th. I never edited anything either, you would've seen the edited tag thing.

On 3/29/2022 at 4:09 AM, MAUSZX said:

Gonna make this easier for you.

Since it only matter who is last... Take a team, let's say Team 1, count all of their points, take it as the Last place, then grab another team "team 2", count the points, the moment that team 2 surpasses "team 1", set  "team 2" as qualified and move on to another team. If Team 1  has more points than "team 2" then grab the loser team and do the same with the other teams. That would make it easier to analyze everything and update the march event faster. That way maybe you can update everything else with more time.

I guess. I'll keep that in mind.

THE CHALLENGE HAS ENDED AND THE TABULATION WILL BEGIN NOW.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF YOU AND THANK YOU FOR PARTICIPATING.

EVERYONE CAN NOW TAKE A FEW DAYS TO REST SO THEY DON"T FEEL BURNED OUT.
I WILL BE UPDATING THE REST OF THE CHALLENGES ACCORDINGLY AS WELL.
THE ELIMINATED TEAM WILL BE ANNOUNCED ON 31st MARCH, 2022, AT 12:00PM GMT

• Like 2

THE CHALLENGE HAS ENDED AND THE TABULATION WILL BEGIN NOW.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF YOU AND THANK YOU FOR PARTICIPATING.

EVERYONE CAN NOW TAKE A FEW DAYS TO REST SO THEY DON"T FEEL BURNED OUT.
I WILL BE UPDATING THE REST OF THE CHALLENGES ACCORDINGLY AS WELL.
THE ELIMINATED TEAM WILL BE ANNOUNCED ON 3rd APRIL, 2022, AT 12:00PM GMT, SINCE THE TABULATION IS TAKING IS A BIT LONGER THAN EXPECTED.

THANK YOU FOR UNDERSTANDING.

TILL THEN, EVERYONE CAN TAKE A BREAK AND RELAX AND PLAY THE GAMES THEY REALLY WANT TO PLAY. YOU'VE EARNED IT HUNTERS.

OTHER CHALLENGES HAVE BEEN UPDATED ACCORDINGLY.

Edited by rahulrx0

1 minute ago, Lumdubz said:

Looking at the changes to the challenges I can’t see me making it past April now 

Honestly , I'm thinking the same. I get that the challenges might have been too close between April and May, but you swung way too much in the other direction. Going from a goal of 6 games to 20 in less than a month is a really bad decision. I get that you wanted more challenge, but it's way too big a jump.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Lumdubz said:

Looking at the changes to the challenges I can’t see me making it past April now 

Yeah, for me I'm out. I don't have time and even motivation for this requirements. I have exactly 6 games with 100% until today, so I'm not doing the 14 remaining in one month. And usually I do more or less 1000 trophies/year, I won't make them until the end of may for sure.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lumdubz said:

OH WAIT NO I HAVE FIXED IT SORRY FOR THE MISTAKE I INTENDED TO MAKE IT 10

1 hour ago, ArtikSkarab said:

Honestly , I'm thinking the same. I get that the challenges might have been too close between April and May, but you swung way too much in the other direction. Going from a goal of 6 games to 20 in less than a month is a really bad decision. I get that you wanted more challenge, but it's way too big a jump.

CORRECTED

47 minutes ago, MattbluePT said:

Yeah, for me I'm out. I don't have time and even motivation for this requirements. I have exactly 6 games with 100% until today, so I'm not doing the 14 remaining in one month. And usually I do more or less 1000 trophies/year, I won't make them until the end of may for sure.

CORRECTED

Phew I still meet the April requirements. If you guys haven’t done an arcade game yet. I highly recommend Sayonara Wild Hearts. Arcade isn’t my kind of genre but it was huge fun and short and still meets requirements for the comp.

Dang didn’t notice July got changed too. I don’t think I have 7 different series even if 2 of the Spyro games count.

Edited by B1ngBangBOsh
  • Like 1

April and May are now a lot better. I do have a question though; how is the new July challenge calculated? I assume that you need to complete at least 1 game per series during the challenge for it to count? Also it kind of sucks, because my LEGO plan was thrown in the garbage.

1 hour ago, ArtikSkarab said:

April and May are now a lot better. I do have a question though; how is the new July challenge calculated? I assume that you need to complete at least 1 game per series during the challenge for it to count? Also it kind of sucks, because my LEGO plan was thrown in the garbage.

Ye I’ve just re read the all i I need 7 series not 6 now since I was going to do the ezio trilogy for July but it doesn’t fit now 

• Like 1

I gotta be honest- I don't really see hardly anyone making it past July. I'm personally at least debating quitting, as the new requirements seem too excessive, to the point of causing more stress than fun. For example, I 100% both Sonic Colors and Far Cry 4 during the challenge, thinking I could either do 2 more sonic games or 2 more far cry games. That plan is now out the window, as I'd have to complete the series. This penalizes people for playing popular games essentially- if a game is super popular, and in a series, there's probably a large amount of games. The fact that you have to do 7 SERIES is way over the top, at least in my opinion. For example, it used to be "Hey do Final Fantasy VII, VIII, and IX and you're good." However, under the new requirements, it would mean- "Do Final Fantasy VII, VIII, IX, X, X-2, XII, XIII, XIII-2, XIV (which takes several hundred hours at BEST), XV (plus all dlc), Lightning Returns, World of Final Fantasy, XV Comrades, A King's Tale XV, XV Pocket Edition, Monster of the Deep, Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon, VII Remake, Crystal Chronicles, and Stranger of Paradise. Then do another 6 series, and be sure that no games contradict with the time, rarity, or average rate requirements. 

Perhaps I'm totally misinterpreting this, but if my choices are to stress about finding series both short and fun enough for me to 100% that fulfill the requirement, 7 times, leaving me no time for standalone games I really want to play, and simply quitting, I'm gonna withdraw and save myself the headache. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, GuitaristZag said:

I gotta be honest- I don't really see hardly anyone making it past July. I'm personally at least debating quitting, as the new requirements seem too excessive, to the point of causing more stress than fun. For example, I 100% both Sonic Colors and Far Cry 4 during the challenge, thinking I could either do 2 more sonic games or 2 more far cry games. That plan is now out the window, as I'd have to complete the series. This penalizes people for playing popular games essentially- if a game is super popular, and in a series, there's probably a large amount of games. The fact that you have to do 7 SERIES is way over the top, at least in my opinion. For example, it used to be "Hey do Final Fantasy VII, VIII, and IX and you're good." However, under the new requirements, it would mean- "Do Final Fantasy VII, VIII, IX, X, X-2, XII, XIII, XIII-2, XIV (which takes several hundred hours at BEST), XV (plus all dlc), Lightning Returns, World of Final Fantasy, XV Comrades, A King's Tale XV, XV Pocket Edition, Monster of the Deep, Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon, VII Remake, Crystal Chronicles, and Stranger of Paradise. Then do another 6 series, and be sure that no games contradict with the time, rarity, or average rate requirements. 

Perhaps I'm totally misinterpreting this, but if my choices are to stress about finding series both short and fun enough for me to 100% that fulfill the requirement, 7 times, leaving me no time for standalone games I really want to play, and simply quitting, I'm gonna withdraw and save myself the headache. 

Yeah, I'm not considering continuing mainly because of that challenge. Also the 25 dlc's, I'm not evensure if I have enough dlc's to do it. I understanding making the challenges harder, but this way it's starting to turn into a chore more than a fun challenge. And honestly it's impossible to think that the requirements of doing 7 complete series is easier than platinum 2 games in a month from start to finish, which is the challenge of september.

• Like 1

I get ppl are mad about the changes made for the monthly challenges and I feel that cause I’m involved in a lot of forum challenges, discord challenges etc and there’s nothing I hate more than rule changes and changes to the challenge. Especially when you already have games plan out and know what you’ve done and now you gotta go back do it again.. yes I know what I signed up for, squid game like challenge, ppl getting eliminated if they don’t meet the requirements for that month. So I knew this was gonna be rough but whatever I guess, I can still mean the requirements that were changed, hopefully lol  but I feel everyone’s frustration here cause they prob had there months planned out and boom it’s changed. I understand it just you and you’re the host of this challenge and you can do whatever you want but maybe you should make a discord server and discuss with the ppl of this challenge the changes you want to make. Cause if ppl don’t like these changes and like now are saying wtf is this well this is dumb I’m out, you going to have know one left. 

• Like 2

@Toxicmatic- Yeah, its definitely a planning thing- although some seem excessive, such as 25 DLC, due to monetary cost. I get raising the bronze, silver, gold, and platinum amount required. That's fine. Shouldn't affect any planning- but changing the July challenge so drastically basically threw anyone who had a plan's plan totally out the window. Plus, when combined with the requirements- say someone wants to do the Mass Effect Legendary Collection as one of, again, seven, series. Cool. Either skip 2 and destroy the continuity and plot, or drop an extra 20 hours into a game that won't help your numbers. 

Edited by GuitaristZag
Small change
  • Like 2

On 12/29/2021 at 1:05 PM, rahulrx0 said:

April - 100% 10 Games from the beginning of the event till 30th of April, from at least 5 different genres

I feel like this is doable, I just have a question, what if the game has no genre? PSNP doesn't have all games with a genre.

May - Pop 300 Bronze Trophies, 150 Silver Trophies, 50 Gold Trophies, & 10 Platinum Trophies since the beginning of this event till 31st of May

Doable W.

July - 100% all the games which are a part of the same series. At least 7 series required.

NOW HOLD ON A SECOND. I think you need to rethink this challenge. Because at the beggining it was "finish a series of at least 3 games" Now is finish 7 series?

That's way too much. Let's analyze this for a sec.

First of all Mass Effect, some games on ps4 don't count, and not everybody has a ps3 to do them or want to go back to the ps3 to do them when they have a better version on the ps4.

Spyro doesn't count... so what counts?

Lego games.... Like 53 games.

Ratchet and Clank 13 games.

Hitman 12 games

Tomb Raider 11 games.

COD, Let's be real, nobody is doing this. lol

If the challenge means "100% 2 games of 7 series" then that's more doable, still way too much considering Spyro and Mass Effect don't count.

I know I was the guy that proposed to up the difficulty from this challenges, but I just suggested to up it a bit. You went God Super Sayian on this dude lol.

I propose this, Keep April as it is now, is fine I think is very doable, but challenging.

May I think is still pretty doable.

but July.... ok so this month is all about series. So I suggest you change it to this. English is not my first language so please help me out with the grammar in this.

100% 6 games of different series, you have to do at least 2 per series.

Example You can either do 3 ratchet games and 3 Crash games. or you can do 2 Ratchet games, 2 crash games and 2 Far cry games.

This is better because we avoid burnout, we still are in the realm of the series, but we can play around this. This is my suggestion, I am all for this to be harder every month and I know it should feel like "not everyone is going to make it each month". but I think we also should be fair, at the end of the day, we know the secret months are months that some people are going to be eliminated no matter what. if you want to up it to 8 or 9 games I think that still can be doable, but a bit pushing it, considering that I personally have played I think only 2 games that have sequels and I am pretty sure most of us has done the same.

What do you think? anyone thinks it should be harder than my suggestion?

I have also a side petition or suggestion.

White list games.

There are some games, like the mass effect series on PS4 that don't qualify for this even at least not ME2 and ME3 is close to not qualify.

Those games are not short or fast, or easy, those games are challenging and it takes a bit to make it.

The spirit of the not 75% completion is so we don't do telltale games or Road bustle or the mayo games or you know "those kind of games" and to have some challenge on this. So for some reason I feel like Mass Effect is not in that realm of games, also I heard Kona is pretty tough too.

If you think there should not be any white listing that's fine, just a side suggestion.

Peace everybody and don't quit, let's talk first.

Edited by MAUSZX
  • Like 2

@MAUSZX I would even argue Telltale games should count- sure they're easy plats, but they take a decent bit of time. I'd say the timesink required, plus the experience is enough to qualify those as well. I'd also perhaps argue that May might have gone a little Overboard, simply due to different trophy lists having totally different distribution of kinds of Trophies, but is far more doable than 7 series.

Edited by GuitaristZag

15 minutes ago, GuitaristZag said:

@MAUSZX I would even argue Telltale games should count- sure they're easy plats, but they take a decent bit of time. I'd say the timesink required, plus the experience is enough to qualify those as well. I'd also perhaps argue that May might have gone a little Overboard, simply due to different trophy lists having totally different distribution of kinds of Trophies, but is far more doable than 7 series.

Lol well, to be fair some crazy people have skip all the text and everything to "speed run it". So I get why that game is like that. As an Example Chicken Police did qualify for this event until the guide came out and all of the sudden everyone is finishing that game in 1 hour...

If anyone has any counter suggestion that I did for July let it know, remember this event is new and I think is completely normal for OP to cross the line of difficulty since it is all subjective, so don't rage quit in the first try.

• Like 2

I understand that a lot of you have problems with these changes, and as a result, I will be changing July and August Challenges as per the recommendations. You can check out the main post for the new changes and plan accordingly. In no way it was my intention to cause stress to my fellow players. I just wanted this event to be fun, and I plan to achieve the fun part first and foremost.

• Like 3