Trophy/progress discussion

NMErickson

The tile for this stood out on the new games list then I saw the trophies and they looked intriguing. Happy I researched this because it looks enjoyable. It was released on Steam a couple months ago and the reviews sit at Very Positive with 4.9k reviews. It’s easy to overlook indie games with this art style because there are so many but it kinda works here and the other systems at play set this game apart. With 52 side quests, leveling, crafting, harvesting, and a huge explorable map, this game looks deep. Many reviews mention how addictive it is.

The trophies look fun enough. Basically ones for just doing everything the game has to offer. Except the earn 10 gold level medals. Those are tough to gauge without playing.

Here’s the achievement guide on Steam (seems to have same list):

Dysmantle 100% Achievement guide

Don’t worry, spoilers are hidden there too.

It’s $19.99 on Steam so maybe we’ll have the same price. What do you guys think?

Edited by NMErickson
Game released, changed title
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, Stormwarrior90 said:

I saw it on pc last year, very nice 

Release date on ps4/5?

From the Dysmantle website: The full version of the game is launching on Steam and GOG in November 2021, and on consoles in 2022/Q1. The mobile version schedule is still TBD.

The full launch isn't the end though: we're also planning on updating the game with free content and DLCs during 2022. More details will be announced later!

(Also yay for free stuff!)

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Dysmantle is out for $19.99! A single purchase gets the PS4 & PS5 versions. Interested in hearing everyone’s progress. How far along, what day you’re on, level, etc. About 4 hours in and I’m level 8 and overall progress 5% or less in all categories. I’ve been dismantling everything i see though. Fun game.

Now having seen what it entails, the trophy for earn 10 gold level medals should be easy, but time consuming. The game keeps track of everything you do so there’s medals for stuff like travel x meters, kill x monsters, etc. Seems there’s 25 different medals. Some look like they will take a long time. Luckily only 10 are needed for the trophy.

Edited by NMErickson
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Teh_Zombz said:

how is the performance on the ps5? 

3 hours ago, xIRockyRock said:

Haven’t had any frame drops or crashes so far. Played for 20 hours straight. Also had no bugs, the game seems pretty polished.

Wow, 20 hours straight. Nice. This game is damn addicting. You're right though about the stellar performance. In 17 hours, I’ve had no hiccups, stutters, crashes, or any other technical issues. The in-game tracking has been spot on and trophies popped when they should. I even forgot to activate one of the beginner side quests but did the requirements and when I came back to it many hours later, it started the mission then checked off the requirements immediately and got the xp/reward without issue. Am surprised how polished and smooth it is. That’s kinda rare these days with first versions.

• Like 4

I picked this game up because I like 10tons and absolutely lost my life while playing it. 30 hours in. I basically completed the main quest of the game. Now the real addiction is gone, but I really look forward to play and discover more in this world and grab the shiny platinum in the end. But not at this pace anymore. While I am playing fully blind up to this point and will continue to do so, I estimate another 70 hours to get all trophies (if nothing is bugged).

I can recommend this game to everyone who wants to experience this journey of a never ending game with so much exploration, I feel like I’ve never had before (and I played a ton of games). There is so much to do you are overwhelmed by the sheer amount of things you can do. But you will eventually reach the end and it’s so damn satisfying.

• Like 4

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, saiyanbloodstyle said:

Doesn't have to be on PS5 though.

Good thing you’re not in charge of what gets released on the PS5. Since it came out Dysmantle is my most played PS5 game. I don’t know what the load times are like on PS4 but they’re practically zero on PS5 and that’s important when you played the amount of hours I’ve played.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, NMErickson said:

Good thing you’re not in charge of what gets released on the PS5. Since it came out Dysmantle is my most played PS5 game. I don’t know what the load times are like on PS4 but they’re practically zero on PS5 and that’s important when you played the amount of hours I’ve played.

Don't think you understand......Oh well.

3 hours ago, Darling Baphomet said:

It's on both PS4 and PS5. It's not like it's a PS5 exclusive.

Yeah i just guess it should have been on PS4 only since PS5 users can play it anyway.

This map may be helpful to anyone trying to track down all the collectibles: https://ogmods.github.io/dysmantle-map/ Admittedly a bit slow, but it does what it has to.

Also be warned the trophies are currently glitched. Currently stuck with the in-game medal saying I have all 51 timed crates, the map saying I have 50/51, and no timed crate trophy. Hopefully I'm simply missing one, but that doesn't seem to be the case as far as I can tell.

4 hours ago, saiyanbloodstyle said:

Yeah i just guess it should have been on PS4 only since PS5 users can play it anyway.

The PS5 version gets a higher resolution and faster loading times, though.

Edited by Darling Baphomet