Note to people with multiple PS4s/PS5s trying to boost this game

POEman553

5 hours ago, BlackJudas said:

There always has to be one douche canoe...

My bad... I guess, you are the true laser lord!  We had 5 people going for the plat, the load times, the replays are what eat up your time, my in-game time was like 28 or so hours.

I agree, it's a frustrating mess.  Whatever though, everyone here knows better!  Especially the ones that haven't got the plat yet.

It's a skill based game.

Of course you suck at the game, when the primary thing you people are doing is wasting time on your alt accounts and boosting, instead of actually playing the game and getting good.

As numerous people with the platinum already have stated - the game is easy.

I already met your kind of people in the game, who were so focused on using alt accounts and boosting, and even invited me to their big boosting group and tried to force me to boost with them or else "I would spend 10 times longer on the platinum".

Guess what - I got the plat legit and much faster than all of them by just playing and enjoying the game, while getting better and better without being some gamer god.

Edited by janzor88
Typo
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, janzor88 said:

It's a skill based game.

Of course you suck at the game, when the primary thing you people are doing is wasting time on your alt accounts and boosting, instead of actually playing the game and getting good.

As numerous people with the platinum already have stated - the game is easy.

I already met your kind of people in the game, who were so focused on using alt accounts and boosting, and even invited me to their big boosting group and tried to force me to boost with them or else "I would spend 10 times longer on the platinum".

Guess what - I got the plat legit and much faster than all of them by just playing and enjoying the game, while getting better and better without being some gamer god.

If it's possible to play against cpu, why will this platinum become unobtainable?if there is an option to play against AI and there is a possibility to get platinum entirely like that, 

eventually I will buy and play :)

10 minutes ago, kevao97 said:

If it's possible to play against cpu, why will this platinum become unobtainable?if there is an option to play against AI and there is a possibility to get platinum entirely like that, 

If the matchmaking can't find any human opponents, the game just gets filled by the AI.
I have no idea if the developers are making a patch which will make the plat obtainable offline.
Lets hope they do, as it's a really fun game.

6 hours ago, janzor88 said:

If the matchmaking can't find any human opponents, the game just gets filled by the AI.
I have no idea if the developers are making a patch which will make the plat obtainable offline.
Lets hope they do, as it's a really fun game.

The game is now free to play and on PC only with a new dev team I believe. This game will probably get delisted from stores.

10 hours ago, kevao97 said:

First, you have to be online to play against the AI and make progress. Second, the game is delisted so you can’t purchase it.

On 14/01/2022 at 11:28 AM, janzor88 said:

It took me around 28 hours to get the platinum with zero boosting, playing against random humans and AI.

And this is included many hours of just messing around in the game and trying fun things, instead of focusing on the trophies.

Yeah bro, not sure you are accurate here ...

Check your profile on exophase : janzor88's PSN profile - Exophase.com

You played the game over 62 hours ... way more than the 28 hours you are talking about :P 

So playing this game legit take waaaayyyy more time than boosting, no doubt about it ^^

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, seblegamer said:

You played the game over 62 hours ... way more than the 28 hours you are talking about :P 

So playing this game legit take waaaayyyy more time than boosting, no doubt about it ^^

To be fair he only said it took him 28 hours to get the plat, he didn't  say he stopped playing after those 28 hours. Exophase still counts the time played even after getting all trophies so wouldn't it make sense that his time played would be longer?

6 minutes ago, Kuzigari_ said:

To be fair he only said it took him 28 hours to get the plat, he didn't  say he stopped playing after those 28 hours. Exophase still counts the time played even after getting all trophies so wouldn't it make sense that his time played would be longer?

Not really, it's even the opposite !!

He talks about 28 hours for plat, and (i quote) :

"And this is included many hours of just messing around in the game and trying fun things, instead of focusing on the trophies."

So the messing around time is in those 28 hours (or my english is too bad to get it ? :()

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, seblegamer said:

Not really, it's even the opposite !!

He talks about 28 hours for plat, and (i quote) :

"And this is included many hours of just messing around in the game and trying fun things, instead of focusing on the trophies."

So the messing around time is in those 28 hours (or my english is too bad to get it ? :()

That still doesn't mean anything. he may have enjoyed the game and continued playing even after getting the trophies.

5 hours ago, I000_NeedIes said:

First, you have to be online to play against the AI and make progress. Second, the game is delisted so you can’t purchase it.

understood. stupid move by the dev to kill the game so that it is not even possible to play against bots.

53 minutes ago, seblegamer said:

exophase probably takes the time from psn, which only looks at if the game was open or not. that accounts to time:

* playing the game legit and after platting;

* idling or not been active. 

He may be refering to 28 hours of active boosting with others. 

I've been playing a bit legit and boosted. overall I think this estimation of 'active boosting' is better then the 70 hours that was mentioned before lol. 

Edited by Bumperklever

1 hour ago, Bumperklever said:

Damn guys, am I the only one able to read ? Ôô

Again, the initial message of this guy says :

"It took me around 28 hours to get the platinum with zero boosting, playing against random humans and AI."

I don't want to be rude here, but if you start reading correctly his message, he said he didnt boost at all ! 

So why do you talk about 28 hours of "active boosting" ? -_-

If you really read his message, he says that you can get platinum for this game without boosting, in less than 28 hours !

And that it's the fastest way to get the plat => according to him, boosting is slower than legit play for this game

This is the part where i hardly think it's true ! If you played it, you know that boosting is a huge help to save many many hours ^^

That's why i prefer say it's not true at all, so people coming here to get the fastests way to plat the game dont think that not boosting is faster, it's not true at all =/

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, seblegamer said:

Damn guys, am I the only one able to read ? Ôô

Again, the initial message of this guy says :

"It took me around 28 hours to get the platinum with zero boosting, playing against random humans and AI."

I don't want to be rude here, but if you start reading correctly his message, he said he didnt boost at all ! 

So why do you talk about 28 hours of "active boosting" ? -_-

If you really read his message, he says that you can get platinum for this game without boosting, in less than 28 hours !

And that it's the fastest way to get the plat => according to him, boosting is slower than legit play for this game

This is the part where i hardly think it's true ! If you played it, you know that boosting is a huge help to save many many hours ^^

That's why i prefer say it's not true at all, so people coming here to get the fastests way to plat the game dont think that not boosting is faster, it's not true at all =/

?

Anyways, doesn't change the fact that posting an exophase page with times isn't any good of a metric. 

28 hrs might be on the low side but eh. it's his experience with it and honeslty 28 hours still seems fair, especially when you are fully gunning for the challenges. Boosting is in theory faster, but you still need to do it for the whole group.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bumperklever said:

1f440.png

Anyways, doesn't change the fact that posting an exophase page with times isn't any good of a metric. 

28 hrs might be on the low side but eh. it's his experience with it and honeslty 28 hours still seems fair, especially when you are fully gunning for the challenges. Boosting is in theory faster, but you still need to do it for the whole group.

The exophase data is an excellent metric - it tells you how long you have played the game.

Personally, I played for 60 hours, and this included many hours helping others during my run, or after I finished the Platinum. I can't comment on how long it would take solo.

No idea how exophase calulates the total time played, but it's way wrong on most of my games.

I have played around 3 hours in average per day, in the 9 days it took to platinum the game, and not 7 hours per day. I would have known if the game was such a timesink.

platinum.jpg

This is the time, including many hours of just messing around and practicing new tricks.

Edited by janzor88
  • Like 2

My in-game clock shows 29 hours. I stopped playing when everyone in my group achieved the Platinum. I don’t believe this includes partying up, searching, loading, replays, transitions, results screens, regrouping after disconnects, looking for good maps to farm challenges or XP, checking progress in the menus, etc. - only time inside matches. The real time spent was 60 hours with my group (not only for my requirements, but lots of time helping others with challenges and XP). For me, the time on exophase is accurate. The playtime data matches what you see on PS5 for your PS4 and PS5 games. I know a lot of time was wasted on trial and error with challenges, as well as with working with an odd number of players in my group (not ideal since the only options are 2v2 or 3v3). Maybe playing solo against bots is faster. The point is: I’m sure you can complete the game relatively quickly, but my recommendation would be to make sure you set aside enough time, just in case.

6 hours ago, seblegamer said:

Hard disagree, everything can be solo'd before reaching prestige. You end up spending so much time trying to match up with your partners, getting a good map, and helping your partners when you boost that you really are not saving time unless things go absolutely perfectly.

Second, exophase times are notoriously inaccurate. My current exophase time for this is 62 hours with only 3 levels left to grind, but that includes a significant amount of idling on the main menu.

Exophase also says that I platinumed God of War in 3 hours. So take that as you will.

If anything, boosting vs solo is approximately the same amount of time.

Edited by MrHealthy
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, janzor88 said:

No idea how exophase calulates the total time played, but it's way wrong on most of my games.

I have played around 3 hours in average per day, in the 9 days it took to platinum the game, and not 7 hours per day. I would have known if the game was such a timesink.

platinum.jpg

This is the time, including many hours of just messing around and practicing new tricks.

That time wouldn't include loading times and searching times I guess. As well as the times between points.

But the only time it felt like a chore was getting the XP to get to Prestige 1. I enjoyed the game and played it normally. I do recall some matches against you.

12 hours ago, MrHealthy said:

If anything, boosting vs solo is approximately the same amount of time.

Don't know how you boost it, i personnally have 2 accounts, same for my friend, and we play 2 vs 2, you can boost kills and revive at same time and get all the streak

If you get that fast against bots, impressive ! ^^

But i hardly think so :D 

On 1/17/2022 at 0:25 PM, janzor88 said:

platinum.jpg

What server did you play on? Europe?

What time did you play? 

Were they mostly against Bots?

I can't get a match, waiting 10 minutes idling. No Bot matches either.

2 hours ago, Kishnabe said:

What server did you play on? Europe?

What time did you play? 

Were they mostly against Bots?

I can't get a match, waiting 10 minutes idling. No Bot matches either.

European servers only, with a mix of human opponents and AI, but mostly AI.

It should take 2½ minute when you search for a match, till the round begins against AI if no human opponents are found. And this is including loading and everything.

• Like 1

On 1/17/2022 at 6:20 AM, Bumperklever said:

exophase probably takes the time from psn, which only looks at if the game was open or not. that accounts to time:

* playing the game legit and after platting;

* idling or not been active. 

I've been playing a bit legit and boosted. overall I think this estimation of 'active boosting' is better then the 70 hours that was mentioned before lol. 

Or the much more obvious truth, he was lying and being kind of a douche. 26.5 hours tracked in-game definitely translates to around 55 hours real life from my experience. My in-game time when I popped the plat was 15 hours, but it obviously took longer than that.

Edited by Kal2210
  • Like 1