PS4 games appearing as PS3 and can't be viewed

Shadowsnake777

Apparently it's been resolved, but I'm legitimately scared about the near future of PlayStation 3. I still have so many games and trophies to collect, but realistically I believe that very soon social functions will be completely extinct. The fact that the Playstation 3 still syncs trophies is a miracle, and I really hope it stays that way. I believe that the PS3/Vita network is fundamentally connected to the whole, so PS5/4 cannot be "separated" for now. But at the first opportunity Sony will shut it down, I'm sure.

10 hours ago, kevao97 said:

Apparently it's been resolved, but I'm legitimately scared about the near future of PlayStation 3. I still have so many games and trophies to collect, but realistically I believe that very soon social functions will be completely extinct. The fact that the Playstation 3 still syncs trophies is a miracle, and I really hope it stays that way. I believe that the PS3/Vita network is fundamentally connected to the whole, so PS5/4 cannot be "separated" for now. But at the first opportunity Sony will shut it down, I'm sure.

I wouldn't worry about that, even when they planned to turn off Store, everything else was supposed to be still working, including downloading games bought online and updates. Now that players bullied them to keep it up, I'm sure the rest of the online functions will be working for years to come. Although it might be good idea to finish your PS3 backlog tho :D

20 hours ago, enaysoft said:

"Always online is the future"

This wouldn't be a looming disaster if we had systems in place that worked. The problem right now is the current system we have, at least here in the United States (and likely the rest of the West) isn't viable.

You can't exactly play single player games anymore unless you already updated them ahead of time. Even so, more and more single player games are incorporating an online component which means you have to be online anyway, which defeats the purpose of really having single player in the first place.

11 hours ago, czDante92 said:

I wouldn't worry about that, even when they planned to turn off Store, everything else was supposed to be still working, including downloading games bought online and updates. Now that players bullied them to keep it up, I'm sure the rest of the online functions will be working for years to come. Although it might be good idea to finish your PS3 backlog tho :D

Without the outrage targeted at Sony, they would of gone and cut off the PS Store last summer. There's a plethora of hidden gems from past generations that could potentially be lost. Sure, we got Steam and other platforms on the PC, but not every Sony game is on them.

• Like 1