List of Takedowns for "The 36th Chamber of Kung-Fu"?

Stargazer14096

Can't seem to find much info on this online. I finished the game and haven't gotten this one yet, and I'm not sure what I'm missing. Anyone have a list of all the takedowns needed, and if some of them aren't likely to occur naturally, a good place to try and get the weirder ones? I feel like I'm missing the ones for "ledge", and "on the ground", but I'm not sure how/where to pull those off lol

• Like 1

Got mine to pop. Oddly enough, it popped vs a brute, my character did a flying knee takedown that I've never seen before. It's weird cuz I must've beat up so many brutes previously, and that animation never happened. 

From what I can tell, there aren't any ledge-specific animations (at least not in the sense of your character tossing guys off the ledge), and there aren't any takedowns that need to be performed while you're standing up off the ground (contrary to what the powerpyx guide says), so it seems you don't need to worry about those at least.

Got this earlier today, what I was missing for some reason was the ground takedown with a staff. Had to hold Triangle on a "Takedown ready" enemy to sweep them and once on the ground do the takedown. Might be because enemies doesnt actually fall when getting staggered with the staff or something. Not sure.

Also the flying knee takedown which was mentioned above sounds like the running takedown, sprint with R2 and do a takedown.

Edited by Misshandlad

55 minutes ago, Misshandlad said:

Got this earlier today, what I was missing for some reason was the ground takedown with a staff. Had to hold Triangle on a "Takedown ready" enemy to sweep them and once on the ground do the takedown. Might be because enemies doesnt actually fall when getting staggered with the staff or something. Not sure.

Also the flying knee takedown which was mentioned above sounds like the running takedown, sprint with R2 and do a takedown.

How? Everytime I try it he never uses the weapon, just kicks the enemy while they're down 

1 hour ago, diogoarez said:

How? Everytime I try it he never uses the weapon, just kicks the enemy while they're down 

Not sure what triggered it, but when the enemy was staggered and lying on the floor, I used a takedown and he smacked him with the staff over the face. I know what you mean, ive seen alot of of that takedown aswell, but when fighting the enemy in the museum where you get the mask collectable I somehow managed to pull that one off.

• 2 months later...

Does anyone know if this is grindable, as in do you have to finish the level or can you try shit and then quit out of the level and then pop back into it or a different level and any takedowns you did count?

This is brutal without an in game tracker for takedown types of something damn...

Edit: Got the trophy, I'm pretty sure restarting the levels still counted the takedowns for anyone else who might be wondering.

Edited by BENJAM1N_LINUS
  • Like 1

Man that was a grind, some of the takedowns look really similar, and sometimes it seems to be multiple takedowns for a single position/weapon/situation. Still, my last one ended up being the staff, probably because there's not as many staffs in the game as other weapons. (And also ground takedowns are a bit more rare.)

• 2 months later...

Just another data point here...

This was indeed a nerve wrecking trophy since as mentioned, there is no way of knowing what takedowns are left. I did both the PS4 and PS5 versions of the game and below are the short trophy videos showing which was the last takedown I needed in each version.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

This is such a weird trophy, all the guides focus on the triangle + X takedowns, but this trophy popped for me when I did a running attack with a broom (just R2 + triangle while holding a broom), I didn't even press triangle + X.

I think what counts is actually the move that puts the enemy into the triangle + X state (i.e. broken structure), but not the actual triangle + X takedown itself.

Edited by whassupbun

• 10 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...