Ultramarathon glitched?

Riv1404

20 hours ago, PlatinumTrophy said:

My trophy just popped after 39 hours of AFK, 110 hours of total gameplay. Im pretty convinced that either paragliding doesnt count towards the trophy or you must get all 960km in one session without quitting the game. But thats just my guess with this stupidity

Did u turn your Playstation off or not I’m sitting at 150 hours oh hurry up game 

11 minutes ago, Fresh-Tech1 said:

Did u turn your Playstation off or not I’m sitting at 150 hours oh hurry up game 

Quitting out to the main menu in game should save your progress. Shutting off your console mid-game is when it doesn't save. 

I did the math, it takes a minimum 35-40 hours of non-stop running in order to reach 960km on top of whatever you travelled during your normal playthrough which is guesstimate probably only around 200km or so. I think the people saying it's glitched or whatever just don't realize just how much extra time you need to do this for in order to get this extremely overexaggerated distance. 

Edited by mega-tallica

58 minutes ago, Fresh-Tech1 said:

No i just left it alone for 39 hours

48 minutes ago, mega-tallica said:

Quitting out to the main menu in game should save your progress. Shutting off your console mid-game is when it doesn't save. 

I did the math, it takes a minimum 35-40 hours of non-stop running in order to reach 960km on top of whatever you travelled during your normal playthrough which is guesstimate probably only around 200km or so. I think the people saying it's glitched or whatever just don't realize just how much extra time you need to do this for in order to get this extremely overexaggerated distance. 

Perhaps you are right, the only way I think we could test this out is if someone created a fresh save file and ran around in circles inside the prologue to see if it takes the same amount of afk time.

9 hours ago, PlatinumTrophy said:

No i just left it alone for 39 hours

Perhaps you are right, the only way I think we could test this out is if someone created a fresh save file and ran around in circles inside the prologue to see if it takes the same amount of afk time.

I just got the trophy finally just takes time to getc

19 hours ago, Fresh-Tech1 said:

My trophy just popped, I turned my PS off between sessions.

Total time was about 110 hours. I would rubberband for about 7-8 hours while I worked before sleeping in-game, then Quitting to menu, and closing the game to play some Horizon. Took ~3 sessions of ~8 hours each, with many sleep/Quit/Close sessions in between.

I had spent maybe a hour flying around on the broom before just using the rubberband method.

Switching Online Settings to "Single Player" massively cut down on any unwanted pausing while rubberbanding

Edited by raithian25
  • Like 1

this trophy absolutely sucks, think i'm gonna call it quits until i'm done with feb and march game releases. hopefully by then new game+ has been added so i can get the remaining health upgrade trophy (+ a glitched story trophy) and hopefully i wont have to rubber band as i'm already at 150hrs, 50 of which has been rubber banding

To farm combat XP, i made it night time, go to a metro station that has barricades around the entrance and get into chase mode from a howler cause you gain more night time XP bonus.  I then hide behide the barricades and kill off the zombies that charge at you for experience,  once i am chase 3 or 4 and the volatile guys come out, i tend to reset cause they are hard to kill.  I get a few 500-600 xp per 5 minutes or so doing this

Edited by velucid
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, velucid said:

To farm combat and parkour XP, i made it night time, go to a metro station that has barricades around the entrance and get into chase mode from a howler cause you gain more night time XP bonus.  I then hide behide the barricades and kill off the zombies that charge at you for experience,  once i am chase 3 or 4 and the volatile guys come out, i tend to reset cause they are hard to kill.  I get a few 500-600 xp per 5 minutes or so doing this

After beating the main story, the game will spawn gold level goon enemies at night especially in the Trinity area. They give you about 2000 xp for killing them and you can take them down in about 2 minutes. Run away for a little bit and they respawn eventually and then just repeat the same route over and over once you find out where they spawn. Every now and then a banshee will spawn instead which is a rare but better as they go down in only a few hits and still give 2000 xp, makes the process go quicker.

For parkour xp farming, there's an area in the Saint Paul section with big yellow jump pads over a street that you can jump across continually back and forth and each jump gives you about 60-70 xp per jump. I think there's 6 of them in a row that you can leapfrog back and forth by just holding down R1 to get max jump height to make it across the gap. This will max out your parkour stats in no time. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, velucid said:

To farm combat XP, i made it night time, go to a metro station that has barricades around the entrance and get into chase mode from a howler cause you gain more night time XP bonus.  I then hide behide the barricades and kill off the zombies that charge at you for experience,  once i am chase 3 or 4 and the volatile guys come out, i tend to reset cause they are hard to kill.  I get a few 500-600 xp per 5 minutes or so doing this

2 hours ago, mega-tallica said:

After beating the main story, the game will spawn gold level goon enemies at night especially in the Trinity area. They give you about 2000 xp for killing them and you can take them down in about 2 minutes. Run away for a little bit and they respawn eventually and then just repeat the same route over and over once you find out where they spawn. Every now and then a banshee will spawn instead which is a rare but better as they go down in only a few hits and still give 2000 xp, makes the process go quicker.

For parkour xp farming, there's an area in the Saint Paul section with big yellow jump pads over a street that you can jump across continually back and forth and each jump gives you about 60-70 xp per jump. I think there's 6 of them in a row that you can leapfrog back and forth by just holding down R1 to get max jump height to make it across the gap. This will max out your parkour stats in no time. 

For combat XP, find all 5 black duckies and go to the VNC basement for the Doom Shotgun. That thing 1-shots practically everything, including the gold goons. The spot to farm the gold goons mentioned by @mega-tallica is shown below. IF you cant sleep in the safe zone, its a bug/glitch, just run back towards the safe zone and quit/save. It has to be near so when you continue, it'll load you right back at the safe zone and the goons spawn will reset and pop within 30-secs to 1 minute.

Edited by Gryfter
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Teh_Zombz said:

this trophy absolutely sucks, think i'm gonna call it quits until i'm done with feb and march game releases. hopefully by then new game+ has been added so i can get the remaining health upgrade trophy (+ a glitched story trophy) and hopefully i wont have to rubber band as i'm already at 150hrs, 50 of which has been rubber banding

i can't imagine this taking 50 hours of rubber banding unless you're doing it wrong. If you just use a single rubber band to pull both the thumbsticks towards each other, your character will only strafe (which is very slow). make sure you're using one rubberband to pull the left stick forward, and another to pull the right stick either left or right. I personally had a rubberband around the left stick and L2, then another around both sticks. This made me run forward while turning left.

Also, make sure you sleep + quit to force the game to save. If you just close out the game, no progress will be saved unless you're moving through quests.

• Like 1

On 18/02/2022 at 0:35 AM, Otsirh said:

Overall playtime 170h and 37h from that time was rubberbanding.

It's kinda weird to see that no matter how long you've been playing, the rubberbanding last around 30h for everyone.

I wouldnt say you have to do the trophy in one sit because i did the rubber in 2 sessions (10+20 ish) but it's definitely more than a coïncidence.

I have no idea what the developers were smoking or if they even know how to do maths when deciding to make this "Ultramarathon" trophy...  Your character when running will run at approx 6m/s.  This equates to 21.6 km per hour,  and they expect us to travel 960km with Aiden to get this trophy,  which equates to 44.4 hours of "constant running" in the game. And to even try and meet this silly quota as lots of us are not gonna sit in front of our screens trying to make Aiden travel around places constantly; We end up having Aiden run around in circles using a rubberband on our controllers to rake up kms to get to the quota ? 

• Like 1

Well, just started rubberbanding for this trophy on my main game that I clocked in 53 hours on already. I started another game for collectibles and put in another 23 hours on that save but I really rushed through it and wasn't really exploring much so even if the trophy is cumulative over multiple playthrough's, that save probably didn't add too much extra distance anyway. 

I'm expecting at least 35 hours of rubberbanding in order to get this, probably will end up closer to 40. I'm just letting it run while I'm at work so hopefully by the weekend I'll have this game platinumed and then I can finally start Horizon. Yay. 

I loved the game itself, getting all the collectibles sucked though between all the missable ones and glitchy ones and now this Ultramarathon trophy grind to cap it off is ridiculous. There's no way you'd ever reach 960km in this game naturally. Even if you did everything and cleared the whole map and explored every building and got every collectible without a guide you still wouldn't come close to reaching that distance. Maybe that's where the developers got that 500 hour number from because that's how long it'd probably take if you were to do this naturally so I suppose they weren't technically lying and possibly that's why this trophy exists to begin with. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, raithian25 said:

i can't imagine this taking 50 hours of rubber banding unless you're doing it wrong. If you just use a single rubber band to pull both the thumbsticks towards each other, your character will only strafe (which is very slow). make sure you're using one rubberband to pull the left stick forward, and another to pull the right stick either left or right. I personally had a rubberband around the left stick and L2, then another around both sticks. This made me run forward while turning left.

Also, make sure you sleep + quit to force the game to save. If you just close out the game, no progress will be saved unless you're moving through quests.

hmm seems the trophy should've already popped judging by other posts here, hope it isn't bugged for me

4 hours ago, velucid said:

I have no idea what the developers were smoking or if they even know how to do maths when deciding to make this "Ultramarathon" trophy...  Your character when running will run at approx 6m/s.  This equates to 21.6 km per hour,  and they expect us to travel 960km with Aiden to get this trophy,  which equates to 44.4 hours of "constant running" in the game. And to even try and meet this silly quota as lots of us are not gonna sit in front of our screens trying to make Aiden travel around places constantly; We end up having Aiden run around in circles using a rubberband on our controllers to rake up kms to get to the quota 1f602.png 

This is was i was thinking yesterday. This is the last trophy i have to do and it's just insane. Not even doing all quests in the game you would be near 960km, so i don't know if the number is some kind of reference to a joke, or if they just were high 

1 hour ago, kiseiju68 said:

I'm doing the running with the rubber bands on the levers on the roof of the VNC tower and in the atrium of the VNC tower, are they okay as places?

That’s where two of my friends got the trophy from.  I just got mine last night and I did it in a couple different spots each day but mainly it was the metro under the fish joint.  I rubberband mine for about 8 hrs each night for 4 days while I slept.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, BseBal said:

That’s where two of my friends got the trophy from.  I just got mine last night and I did it in a couple different spots each day but mainly it was the metro under the fish joint.  I rubberband mine for about 8 hrs each night for 4 days while I slept.  

I think I will do it too in the subway under the Fish Eye, because if I do it on the terrace of the VNC tower, when I reload the game I always find myself falling into the void near the tower.

Thanks!

Well, the plat finally popped for me. For anyone wondering about this trophie, i had to do around 25h of rubberband, a total of 105h total for the plat. The rubberband was almost 25% of my total time, which is just insane.

Edited by seping

1 hour ago, kiseiju68 said:

I think I will do it too in the subway under the Fish Eye, because if I do it on the terrace of the VNC tower, when I reload the game I always find myself falling into the void near the tower.

Thanks!

I'm doing it in the Metro under the Fish Eye myself, no issues thus far. 

I'm 18 hours or so into rubberbanding, approximately 80 hours total playtime across 2 saves. I'm expecting at least another two 10-hour sessions for this. It's a shame after all this effort and I won't even be able to see the moment when the platinum finally pops. It'll probably pop for me on Friday while I'm at work and my character is running in circles endlessly on my TV back at home. 

5 minutes ago, DanielMcGiveron said:

Currently at hour 20 of rubber band method after recent update, I did around 5 hours grind with the broom glitch as well so hopefully it will pop any minute now...

Hate to break it to you but you probably have another 10-15 more hours to go. 

It takes around 35-40 hours of rubberbanding on top of whatever you did during your normal playthrough to get this unfortunately. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mega-tallica said:

I'm doing it in the Metro under the Fish Eye myself, no issues thus far. 

I'm 18 hours or so into rubberbanding, approximately 80 hours total playtime across 2 saves. I'm expecting at least another two 10-hour sessions for this. It's a shame after all this effort and I won't even be able to see the moment when the platinum finally pops. It'll probably pop for me on Friday while I'm at work and my character is running in circles endlessly on my TV back at home. 

Hate to break it to you but you probably have another 10-15 more hours to go. 

It takes around 35-40 hours of rubberbanding on top of whatever you did during your normal playthrough to get this unfortunately. 

Please tell me that the game auto saves every now and then? I'm scared incase the game crashes and then I have to start all over again...

1 hour ago, DanielMcGiveron said:

Please tell me that the game auto saves every now and then? I'm scared incase the game crashes and then I have to start all over again...

It saves every time you quit out to the main menu in the game so it's best to do that after every session to guarantee it saves your progress.

It does have autosave too but it's sporadic and not always reliable so it's good to get in the habit of quitting out to the main menu after each session.