Best Adapter to Connect a PS5 Dualsense to a PS3?

JourneySilvers

So I'm aware that you can get a dualsense working natively on the PS3, but with many caveats. The PS home button wont work and its iffy whether or not certain games will work with it. I would love to use my PS5 controller reliably with the PS3. Does anyone know of a proper adapter that would work? I was looking at the Mayflash Magic NS2 on Amazon but I'm not super familiar with using adapters. Can anyone vouch for it, or have a better solution?

Thanks!

• 1 year later...
On 2/16/2022 at 8:06 AM, JourneySilvers said:

I went with the Brook Wingman since a couple of people mentioned it, I really appreciate the feedback! I'm excited for it to come in ✌ 

I’m assuming you ended up getting this, so after using it for a year now what are your thoughts & would you recommend it?

I’m currently down to a single DS3, but the triggers are so sensitive now that it makes playing certain games a nightmare as they tend to press themselves randomly. It’s so hard to find working Dualshock 3s now that I’m thinking another solution is in order…

Since I am finally going to buy a PS5, I thought it might also be time to pick up one of these adapters with the hope I could use all of my controllers interchangeably between the 3 consoles. I’m mostly concerned with the PS3 though, and am looking for a way to use DS4/DualSense on PS3 with full functionality and wireless.

• Like 1

On 1/5/2024 at 7:11 PM, dieselmanchild said:

Since I am finally going to buy a PS5, I thought it might also be time to pick up one of these adapters with the hope I could use all of my controllers interchangeably between the 3 consoles. I’m mostly concerned with the PS3 though, and am looking for a way to use DS4/DualSense on PS3 with full functionality and wireless.

In that case, the Brook Wingman XE is highly recommended. I love being able to play the PS3 with my DS4's 😎

They do occasionally disconnect, but generally you'd forget you're using an adapter.

34 minutes ago, iXanon said:

In that case, the Brook Wingman XE is highly recommended. I love being able to play the PS3 with my DS4's 😎

They do occasionally disconnect, but generally you'd forget you're using an adapter.

I’ve been looking at the Wingman XE2 and watching some reviews of the product and I think I’m definitely going to have to pick one up, it looks amazing! 

Just one question though - does the Wingman many driver installations or updates over time? I don’t really have a computer so anything that is pretty much plug & play out of the box is preferable to me.

1 hour ago, dieselmanchild said:

Just one question though - does the Wingman many driver installations or updates over time? I don’t really have a computer so anything that is pretty much plug & play out of the box is preferable to me.

Not loads, just plugged mine into the laptop and it downloaded the v1.5 firmware - I've no idea what it was on before, it doesn't show you.

The only other time I'd plugged it in to the laptop that I can recall was when I first set it up in December 2022..

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TheJimmonator said:

Does the Brook Wingman XE (or XE2) support vibration wirelessly? I can't seem to find an answer for this anywhere. I am currently using the Mayflash Magic which only supports vibration when it's wired which is a bit restrictive.

Yes it does.

17 hours ago, Dark_Overlord said:

Does the Brook Wingman XE2 allow PS4/PS5 controllers to work with games like Max Payne 3 and MGS3?  And if so how do the analog buttons function?

I don't have Max Payne 3 so can't test..

I'm unfamiliar with Metal Gear Solid 3, but what can I test? I know the original adapter doesn't have pressure sensitive buttons (although I think it does with triggers and analogue?).

On 1/13/2024 at 2:45 PM, iXanon said:

I don't have Max Payne 3 so can't test..

I'm unfamiliar with Metal Gear Solid 3, but what can I test? I know the original adapter doesn't have pressure sensitive buttons (although I think it does with triggers and analogue?).

There's a few threads on here regarding the issue of unofficial controllers

It looks like analog buttons are required for the CQC.  I know the PS4 controller doesn't have analog buttons (not sure about PS5), but I can imagine it causing a lot of problems if the adapter can't handle it.