Any Point In Buying This For PS5?

BestUsername----

The only real benefit is that you won't have to download the PS5 version with a PS5 disc, especially if you have crappy internet. Otherwise yeah you're better off saving $10 and getting both versions (and twice the trophies!).

Edited by Pyramat
  • Like 2

Sorry, guys I don't mean the graphics or playability. I'm sure the game runs smoothly and looks beautiful on the more power console. I just mean in terms of pricing and content. The PS5 version is $10 more than just buying the PS4 version, though both versions are entitled to both versions of the game.

Does the extra $10 dollars PS5 version of the product have extra content? Or is is just another way to support the developers?

Double check the description on the playstation store first that you actually do get a free upgrade, the standard ps4 version doesn't come with the free upgrade only the more expensive version gives you a ps5 upgrade according to this article so have a good look first just incase

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/lawyer-lambasts-sony-for-deceptive-marketing-of-horizons-free-ps5-upgrade/

2 minutes ago, BestUsername---- said:

Does the extra $10 dollars PS5 version of the product have extra content? Or is is just another way to support the developers?

Both versions are identical in terms of content; the PS5 version just has better graphics and performance. The extra $10 is just because Sony wants to set a precedent of $70 USD for first-party games on PS5. You're not missing anything by buying the PS4 version and upgrading to the PS5 version for free.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, shadowstorm127 said:

Double check the description on the playstation store first that you actually do get a free upgrade, the standard ps4 version doesn't come with the free upgrade only the more expensive version gives you a ps5 upgrade according to this article so have a good look first just incase

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/lawyer-lambasts-sony-for-deceptive-marketing-of-horizons-free-ps5-upgrade/

not true, don't know what that article talks about, seems a bunch of nonsense, go to the psn store, look at the cheapest version of Horizon 2, which is the PS4 one, and it says that it includes "Horizon Forbidden West PS5 digital version upgrade at no extra cost."

Edited by THE DARK KNIGHT
  • Like 3

55 minutes ago, Pyramat said:

The only real benefit is that you won't have to download the PS5 version with a PS5 disc, especially if you have crappy internet. Otherwise yeah you're better off saving $10 and getting both versions (and twice the trophies!).

If you could autopop from ps5 to ps4 i would save the 10 pound but i dont want to plat it on the weaker version to autopop the ps5 version. 

• Like 1

Yeah only thing I can see different with the extra 10 is resource packs, outfits and digital artwork stuff but I can only see the ps5 store so don't know if there's different options on ps4 like the article is saying but seems it's a free upgrade either way just depends if you want the extra items for 10. Always worth double checking everything anyway to make sure you're getting what you think, no nasty surprises down the road when you want to upgrade then

• Like 1

Yeah, I don't really care about auto-popping trophies as I'm not really one to play games on "weaker" hardware to deprive myself of a graphical upgrades and faster load times among other things. I'm sure I can find the artworks online and resource packs don't interest me, so I guess I'll buy the $60 version. 

Thanks everyone.

• Like 1

Unless you specifically want the PS5 case on your shelf, then there isn't much of a point. Save yourself the few quid and go with the PS4 version. For me personally, I always go with the PS5 version for this very reason, but everyone has to do what's right for them. $10/€10 might not be a big deal to some, while it could mean a lot to others. Get whatever version you prefer and have fun! 

In my opinion no. I’ve only bought maybe 5 PS5 games, I’ve just used the free upgrade and that way I play the game again a few months later and get the trophies again (if I enjoyed the game)

I paid £41 for a pre order for PS4 Forbidden West instead of £69 for the PS5 version. 

Edited by FocusDR

47 minutes ago, shadowstorm127 said:

I can only see the ps5 store so don't know if there's different options on ps4

ps4/ps5 stores don't show all games, you got to use the web store on a PC or phone and you will see all Horizon 2 versions, which are PS4, PS5 and Deluxe, all 3 editions come with both the ps4 and ps5 copies of the game