GTA V PS5 is $10 until June 14

Just now, Lance_87 said:

I just hope it's not another bad precedent like the FF7R PS5 upgrade that was eventually made available PS+ users.

Especially considering the free version of the online and the discounted story is only a time limited option for 3 months, after that they go up to full price

15 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

Especially considering the free version of the online and the discounted story is only a time limited option for 3 months, after that they go up to full price

Yeah no one should be forced to use a specific system to get contents anymore. They made that thing optional since January 2013 with the opening of the first version of the webstore. PC gaming clients don't check the requirements to see if you're allowed to buy games or not, and you're free to use their respective websites (same for the Xbox Store, where the game IS currently available)

1 hour ago, dannyswfc9 said:

When i find it on the ps5 store it says gta 5 free and then i click on it and it brings me to the online version. 

How do you buy the single player version

Click on the 3 dots (...) on the PS5 and click on GTA 5 (PlayStation 5) and it should show up as $9.99 (or whatever currency it is for you).

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TrannosaurusBex said:

Can I claim the free online on PS5 and then still buy the full game for the discounted price, or will it lock me out of the discounted upgrade for whatever reason?

Yes... because the "full game for the discounted price" is actually just the Story Mode, and they're offering both modes separately.

Edited by Lance_87

6 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

Yes... because the "full game for the discounted price" is actually just the Story Mode, and they're offering both modes separately.

They're not separate though, which is why I ask. GTAO is sold separately, but the story mode is sold with GTAO. You can't buy the story mode without GTAO.

1 hour ago, TrannosaurusBex said:

Can I claim the free online on PS5 and then still buy the full game for the discounted price, or will it lock me out of the discounted upgrade for whatever reason?

Yes you can claim GTA online and still buy the full game. If you only have GTA online, the story mode is locked until you buy it.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, TrannosaurusBex said:

They're not separate though, which is why I ask. GTAO is sold separately, but the story mode is sold with GTAO. You can't buy the story mode without GTAO.

Really? Ok. I said that because i think that's how it works on the Xbox Store (GTAO is not given away for free for obvious reasons)

Anyway it's the 16th and it's still unavailable in the webstore. BUT... they're selling the PS5 microtransactions. -_-

2 hours ago, Lance_87 said:

Really? Ok. I said that because i think that's how it works on the Xbox Store (GTAO is not given away for free for obvious reasons)

Anyway it's the 16th and it's still unavailable in the webstore. BUT... they're selling the PS5 microtransactions. -_-

I highly doubt they will sell it in the web store, at least for the next 3-6 months. The reason is that Online is free on PS5 for anybody and them enabling Web store would basically give it to anybody. And the discounted singleplayer would allow much more to take advantage of the discount.

1 hour ago, OmegaRejectz said:

I highly doubt they will sell it in the web store, at least for the next 3-6 months. The reason is that Online is free on PS5 for anybody and them enabling Web store would basically give it to anybody. And the discounted singleplayer would allow much more to take advantage of the discount.

Well, but they're litetally offering EVERYTHING ELSE in the webstore, including monthly PS+ titles, demos, free/paid upgrades, full games at full price, DLC.

Even the infamous FF7R upgrade for PS+ users, while it's not redeemable from there, does appear in the webstore.

Again, why Xbox Store website allows to purchase the discounted singleplayer but not the PlayStation Store website? It's 10 dollars/euros/whatever on both.

Edited by Lance_87

On 16. 3. 2022 at 9:59 PM, Lance_87 said:

Well, but they're litetally offering EVERYTHING ELSE in the webstore, including monthly PS+ titles, demos, free/paid upgrades, full games at full price, DLC.

Even the infamous FF7R upgrade for PS+ users, while it's not redeemable from there, does appear in the webstore.

Again, why Xbox Store website allows to purchase the discounted singleplayer but not the PlayStation Store website? It's 10 dollars/euros/whatever on both.

I'm not 100% sure on this but it seems to either be a mistake or intentional decision on their end.

GTA:O works like PS+ Collection, only redeemable for free on PS5.

It's possible that GTA5 is listed in the store the same way like GTA:O which would make it unreachable via web store.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, HusKy said:

I'm not 100% sure on this but it seems to either be a mistake or intentional decision on their end.

GTA:O works like PS+ Collection, only redeemable for free on PS5.

It's possible that GTA5 is listed in the store the same way like GTA:O which would make it unreachable via web store.

It's done on purpose, confirmed by my local PlayStation Support. And once again, nobody knew about that until near the release of the game. Idiots.