GTA V PS5 is $10 until June 14

Just checked the store on my PS5 to pre-order and was surprised to see that it is only $9.99. When I looked in the description, it says that it's a "special introductory price" and that the standard price is $39.99. I don't think this price is only for those who own it on PS4 as it wasn't an upgrade like most Ps4->PS5 games are and it doesn't say that it's specifically for those who own the game on PS4. Honestly surprised at this, hopefully it isn't a mess like the trilogy was

2 minutes ago, Larzz said:

I’m kinda hoping that the online trophies get separated from the single player trophies. 
I would love to go for the platinum again, but the online trophies nearly broke me last time. 
Insta buy if it happens. 

This. Even if they auto-pop, there's no point in doing the same list for the third time.

I'd gladly buy this if they do two different trophy lists for story mode and online. Although it won't happen.

19 minutes ago, Larzz said:

I’m kinda hoping that the online trophies get separated from the single player trophies. 
I would love to go for the platinum again, but the online trophies nearly broke me last time. 
Insta buy if it happens. 

Agreed, have wanted to try to platinum it but the online trophies have deterred me. Maybe since online is getting a standalone release it will be? Guess we will find out soon

6 minutes ago, Pinselneo said:

From PS3 to PS4 there was an auto-popping of online trophies. I think it will be the same from PS4 to PS5.

Not just the online trophies, I remember a large chunk of single player too (stunt jumps etc)

1 hour ago, Larzz said:

Insta buy if it happens. 

Well the online is going to be standalone, like Red Dead Online. I'm honestly hoping the online version has zero trophies, again, just like RD. I love the online but the trophies are absolutely miserable without friends play with.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TomGriff123 said:

Has there been any word about PS4 Upgrade to PS5 Version? I don't want to spend the money to preorder (Even if it is an amazing deal) just to be told on release day that I could've got it for free.

I'm also trying to find this out. In my case I'm wondering if there's a free disc upgrade.

But checking the product information on the PS5, I don't see a word about a free upgrade. Usually if there's a free upgrade it's mentioned in the product information.
Sometimes it's not mentioned there so... still looking for more info.

So far there's no 'cross-buy' product item in the store where you see both the PS4 and PS5 logo on the image.

34 minutes ago, Nuzzgok said:

Not just the online trophies, I remember a large chunk of single player too (stunt jumps etc)

You could do the stunt jumps online, so if you'd already done them then that trophy would pop too. Same with fully upgrading a vehicle. Anything that could be done online as well as in the story that you'd already done would auto pop. None of the SP only trophies autopopped though.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nuzzgok said:

£8.75 here in the UK. I was honestly expecting them to put this out as a full price release. Sold my physical PS4 copy yesterday for £14 so it seems a no brainer in my situation

did you upload your save beforehand?

2 hours ago, quickfoozlle said:

Hopefully with no auto-popping online trophys.

hopefully they do since some have been notoriously bugged when trying to earn recently... also the fact that its an online mode ive already put the effort in so why should I put that effort in again.

Edited by jjnet123
  • Like 3

I don't know if it's supposed to be like this or whether it's bugged, but I was able to claim GTA Online for free without owning PS Plus on my main account. It doesn't matter at all as I've purchased the full version afterwards, but I thought only accounts with PS Plus could claim online for free

7 hours ago, Pinselneo said:

From PS3 to PS4 there was an auto-popping of online trophies. I think it will be the same from PS4 to PS5.

What about PS3 to PS5?  I never played the PS4 game but will probably check it out on PS5.  I imagine there will be no online transfer there?

4 hours ago, djb5f said:

What about PS3 to PS5?  I never played the PS4 game but will probably check it out on PS5.  I imagine there will be no online transfer there?

The transfer from PS3 to PS4 was turned off years ago (2017?) and servers from PS3 are closed.

On PS3 there was a lot of hacking for all kind of stuff and they turned off the transfer because people would glitch money on the PS3 and then transfer that to PS4. Which of course they didn't like because they rather sell shark cards... They tried fixing it for awhile, but gave up and instead turned the transfer off.

So... PS3 to PS5 is not going to happen I'm afraid :( 

6 hours ago, Bread said:

I don't know if it's supposed to be like this or whether it's bugged, but I was able to claim GTA Online for free without owning PS Plus on my main account. It doesn't matter at all as I've purchased the full version afterwards, but I thought only accounts with PS Plus could claim online for free

I think it's supposed to be free for everyone that has a PS5. You can't get it in the webstore, only directly on PS5.
But you still need PSPlus to be able to play online.

Edited by Kolm

22 hours ago, Larzz said:

Insta buy if it happens. 

Just thinking about it all the time while refreshing PSNProfiles in anticipation of the new GTAV trophy set for PS5. However, I think we will both be very disappointed.

23 minutes ago, HusKy said:

That's pretty much guaranteed at this point.

Nice!
I have not played it since 2013 and with a whole new trophy list I am really looking forward fort this game.
There is a lot of nice games out now/coming out. I need vacation! :)