English subtitles?

Does anyone know if this version has English subtitles? The game page on Japanese PS store uses images with English translation for dialogue, but I wonder if those were just taken from the Switch version that was released a few years ago. It doesn't look like there's an English territory release of this on PS4 (yet?) so I was surprised to see the game page displayed images with a translation for dialogue. 

I found this on the Australian store and chucked it on my wishlist, if that's what you are asking. I'd certainly expect a game released here with English screenshots to be in English.

Edit: in addition, the store page says it supports English and Japanese subtitles.

Edited by BARD_BARD
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Curious about that other stack myself. Just bought the game from the NA Store, and I’m in Canada. ?? 

In my trophy list, the title shows as Kowloon High-School Chronicle, like it’s showing in that other stack. The game is using English subtitles.

When I first boot the game up though, the splash screen uses the Japanese characters in the title and has the subtitle of Origin of Adventure, like how this particular trophy stack is displayed. Interesting. ? 

• 2 weeks later...

@jimbob12345678 and @garyousion have made a lot of progress in the game. Any information that can be provided on the road to the platinum? 

For anybody who wishes to play the game, there is a Japanese wiki for the game which has some details though not fully that can help towards doing the game. Nothing exists in English even for the older PS2 version in English as the game never came over before now.

• 1 month later...
On 25/05/2022 at 11:37 PM, Sanevin said:

@Rozalia1 I saw you managed to get the plat in this game.  Would you be able to provide any tips or information?  It would be appreciated.

I'm actually making a guide right now so once that is done you'll be able to use that. Due to the nature of the game it'll in essence have a walkthrough of what choices to make, what subjects to level up, and to have what by so and so time. If you want to play before that point then check out the Japanese wikis (use a translator if you have to):

https://h1g.jp/kowloon_ooa/?1st. Discovery『謎の転校生』

https://web.archive.org/web/20200912054927/http://spwiki.net/kowloon/index.html

You can follow them and get most things. 1st wiki is only up to chapter 10 but certainly nicer to look at. 2nd has the whole game but is missing some stuff.

Ki = Joy

Sadness = Grief

Melancholy = Somber

Burn = Hot

Friend = Amity

If I had to point out some specific things then make sure to point all your stat points into Mind until it maxes out and once that is done put all of them into Agility. Make sure to respond with "Love" twice in a row to Sudo in Chapter 4 and then check your report card for a trophy. In Chapter 6 the 1st wiki lists two "routes" and implies you should do the Sakai one (going back to Infirmary), ignore that and go back to the classroom as you can recruit Sakai without going to the infirmary and the classroom (have a first aid kit). If using the wikis then check out the chapter after the one you're on so you can check if you need any items during the day time to give to characters. If they are given during the night time then you can always get them and give them, but if during the day time then you must have the item on you at that point or you'll miss out on whatever they'll give you (can be collectibles and even recruiting characters). Finally and most importantly make sure that you make a back up save either after beating the boss in Chapter 7 or during the lunchbreak of Chapter 8.

Edit: Forgot to mention. Keep a save after beating the chapter 6 boss as during chapter 7 you need to purposely fail to recruit a character to get a trophy, but obviously you need to recruit them for the get and max out all buddies trophy.

Edited by Rozalia1
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Guide is up @Sanevin (I see imminent_jargon has already commented on it) and anybody else who may be watching the thread.

For anyone on the fence on getting the game I'd highly recommend it. While not without faults (many perhaps a result of being originally a PS2 game) it has a certain unique charm to it. Very much a game you need a guide to 100% but now that it has one you will be all good. No need to worry about getting spoiled by using the guide either if that is a concern.

• Like 3