Good as Gold trophy Will be changing soon

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, I’ve been getting into rainbow again lately with 3 other friends. One already has the plat, one already got gold once and then me and another friend haven’t played ranked yet (because they wanted to wait for me which is very sweet of them). At the moment I’m level 49 so I’m almost going into ranked, probably starting tomorrow. I’m very scared of not being able to get gold as I’m not that good at shooters, some games I do really well and other games I didn’t get any eliminations and got eliminated every round. So to the people who have played with the new ranked system, is going for gold easy for average players?

11 hours ago, MLGeffen2004 said:

Hello, I’ve been getting into rainbow again lately with 3 other friends. One already has the plat, one already got gold once and then me and another friend haven’t played ranked yet (because they wanted to wait for me which is very sweet of them). At the moment I’m level 49 so I’m almost going into ranked, probably starting tomorrow. I’m very scared of not being able to get gold as I’m not that good at shooters, some games I do really well and other games I didn’t get any eliminations and got eliminated every round. So to the people who have played with the new ranked system, is going for gold easy for average players?

I am going for gold with the help of 2 friends and to be honest we struggled a lot even in cooper. As everyone is at least level 50 the competition is much harsher then in quick play and unranked. We have played around 10 games and have won 5 or so, so there is progress, but much slower then expected.

Note that the new ranked system will take time to get people to their appropriate rank. Therefore getting to gold might become easier over time then it is right now. Good luck!

8 hours ago, pikaopas said:

I am going for gold with the help of 2 friends and to be honest we struggled a lot even in cooper. As everyone is at least level 50 the competition is much harsher then in quick play and unranked. We have played around 10 games and have won 5 or so, so there is progress, but much slower then expected.

Note that the new ranked system will take time to get people to their appropriate rank. Therefore getting to gold might become easier over time then it is right now. Good luck!

As someone who is normally high gold-mid plat it took me 40 games (won 20 lost 20) to hit gold this season. It was slow but I think that’s the minimum amount of games it will take if you have a 1-1 win loss. I was also gaining 80 points a win and losing 9 for every loss, however someone who is normally in silver or bronze will start gaining less points and losing more the closer they get to their normal rank. So it could take upwards of 60 games to hit gold in this new system if you are lower ranked. I think as long as you keep playing and have around a 1-1 win loss it should be possible for anyone to hit gold but it might take a lot of games.

Edited by Dwightsarmy14
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Think it may actually be a little harder with the new system.  Having had a decent start which would have put me early silver in the original system I'm now earning 31pts for a win and -36pts for a loss in Bronze III.  When I first hit bronze II I was 50pts for a win and -25pts for a loss.  Points for a win gradually go down the more games you play, not the closer to your old record (though I hadn't played for a few seasons before the new system and had a bad season the last one I played, so that may have played a part, we'll see in the new season I suppose).

Also, as a general winge, it's such a pain when players quit from your side. Game's hard enough 5 on 5, but 4 on 5 is just crazy.  Shouldn't get penalised for other people quitting, but hey, part of the game I suppose.

• Like 1

On 23.12.2022 at 0:40 AM, MLGeffen2004 said:

No

• Like 1

On 12/22/2022 at 6:40 PM, MLGeffen2004 said:

Its not too bad if you have at least a decent team with comms and you have good game knowledge

Edited by shxrpay