NYMH in Max Payne Remake

Seamndel

Discuss your deep-seeded dreads/excitements. 

I personally have no ptoblrm with extremely hard trophies as long as they're 1)not grindy 2)can be achieved offline 3)not thwarted by glitchs (i.e. Door boss battle in chpater 9 , Freezing room puzzle in chapter 14; MP3).

26 minutes ago, ERICVOLTAGE said:

Remedy is re-making the games, R* will publish; just like the originals. 

Yeah but obviously with Rockstar involved, we only wanted 1 remake/remaster from them which is GTA 4 but they're re-releasing everything but that game......Which is what annoys me, i've never seen anyone ask for a max payne remake....

I'll avoid making these a day 1 buy if they include a New York Minute Hardcore mode, I'd like other people to beta test it for me if they get that kind of trophy because the PS3 version of Max Payne 3 had severe freezes and glitches that would end the run when I had spent over 3 hours in that run... The PS4/5 versions of the GTA PS2 game remasters had to be pulled from the PSN Store due to severe crashing and glitches until they fixed it so I don't trust Rockstar to make a mode that requires you to complete the whole game in one sitting work perfectly on its launch either. When part of the challenge is hoping a glitch won't happen during your run, there's no fun in that. 

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Really hope they implement MP3 Grinds challenges and more stats with the remakes. I just completed MP1 on PS4 wish there was more trophys on there. I'm Hoping they add MP2 with the new PS2 games coming soon through PS PLUS PREMIUM I've never played it before be nice to have the classic version too before the Remakes get released.

• Like 1

I am ok with doing the NYMH again but for God sake pls give as option to skip all the cutscenes and maybe cut the walking in the one section where you play as bald Max because after playing the game for the sixth time its get pretty boring and pointless since no one is playing NYMH for the story. 

As for the glitches and freezes I played the game on Xbox 360 and after +50h I had only one freeze in the Max Payne apartament when the sniper arrives on the rooftops, so maybe I was lucky or the Ps3 version was worse than 360. 

Edited by Demek97
  • Like 2

On 7.04.2022 at 2:51 AM, Sergen said:

I'll avoid making these a day 1 buy if they include a New York Minute Hardcore mode, I'd like other people to beta test it for me if they get that kind of trophy because the PS3 version of Max Payne 3 had severe freezes and glitches that would end the run when I had spent over 3 hours in that run... The PS4/5 versions of the GTA PS2 game remasters had to be pulled from the PSN Store due to severe crashing and glitches until they fixed it so I don't trust Rockstar to make a mode that requires you to complete the whole game in one sitting work perfectly on its launch either. When part of the challenge is hoping a glitch won't happen during your run, there's no fun in that. 

But it's not Rockstar who's making the game man xD it's Remedy, Rockstar only publishes it so they will have no involvement in the game, and even if it will definitely not be its game modes.

• Like 1

On 4/25/2022 at 2:41 AM, Demek97 said:

I am ok with doing the NYMH again but for God sake pls give as option to skip all the cutscenes

This!

One-life game mode should allow players to skip cutscenes, so that it is a test of skills, and not a test of patience.

• Like 1

I would love to play NYM in both MP 1 and 2 games. Yes, cutscenes should have option to skip them and glitches can make a challenge even more painful. 

Nevertheless it was really good challenge and something i would do again for first 2 installments.

• Like 1

I'm all for it. When I did it for both the first one and third game I was a bit hesitant because of how many playthrough I would have to do and how boring it might get.

But...

In reality it was the opposite I had huge amounts of fun, felt like I mastered the game and gave me more reason to come back. Max Payne 3 made me feel as if the spirit of Max himself has entered my body especially after I managed to do NYMH somehow on my first attempt.

• Like 3