Won't stop crashing

buttnutdude1

I'm going for the trophy for taking pictures and every single time I put the camera away if I take 1 picture or all 12 the second I stop it always crashes happened about 10 times. I even advanced a day to see if that was maybe it and still the same thing. Anyone else run into this issue

• Like 2

9 hours ago, buttnutdude1 said:

Same on ps4. The list does show that at least one person has the trophy so I'm just lost lol. I'm just going to leave it on the 5th until a patch I guess. Big bummer 

I joined the discord for the Devs and publisher. They are aware of the issue and some of the issues like frames dropping and such. They are working on it now. Ive made a manual save on a USB so i can get back to the camera later. Having the same trouble with ''Higher ground''. I can advise if they give a response on discord and such! 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, SamuraiZwei said:

I joined the discord for the Devs and publisher. They are aware of the issue and some of the issues like frames dropping and such. They are working on it now. Ive made a manual save on a USB so i can get back to the camera later. Having the same trouble with ''Higher ground''. I can advise if they give a response on discord and such! 

Cool at least they are on that. Sorry to hear about higher ground I actually didn't have any issues with that one. Hope it's patched soon

• 3 weeks later...

I have managed to take all 12 pictures but my game keeps crashing at random points and resetting all the progress I have made. I am pretty sure there is an issue with the manual save function as I definitely made a save after reaching the farm on day 5 but after my game crashed at the beginning of day 6 the only saves I have showing are an old manual save on day 2 and an autosave at the beginning of day 4. Its such a shame it has these issues because I really love the game.

EDIT: I managed to get the Shutter Bug trophy but all of my pictures just showed up as completely black so there are definitely some problems with this questline. The manual save problem seems to have fixed itself, I have been making regular saves and they are all still there when the game crashes now unlike before.

Edited by RedundantSquash

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 7/18/2023 at 5:28 PM, weskerssunglass said:

No it did not. Still crashes like crazy year later.

Same here on PS4 pro. The game crashes once I take the 12th photo or whenever I attempt to put the camera back in the backpack. I've made over 20-30 attempts in different chapters and locations, but it always crashes.

On 05/08/2023 at 8:47 PM, UphillD said:

Same here on PS4 pro. The game crashes once I take the 12th photo or whenever I attempt to put the camera back in the backpack. I've made over 20-30 attempts in different chapters and locations, but it always crashes.

I've been having the same issue playing the PS4 version on PS5. Even if I take out the camera and put it away without taking a photo (either straight away or after waiting a few minutes), the game still crashes. I reinstalled it, moved it between M2 storage and console storage, tried various locations for taking the camera out, and it still crashed. The only thing that worked for me was installing it onto my PS4 (non-pro) and use my cloud save to take the 12 photos before moving back to the PS5.

• 3 weeks later...

Like the guy mentioned to use the cloud to download their save. I did the same but I kept playing on ps4 without an issue. A crash when I was delivering a package to the farm and multiple crashes loading the manual save for the endings.

So yeah don't play the ps4 version on ps5. 

Also the guide doesn't say anything but you can pretty much agree to any meeting without risking any other trophy.

This was supposed to be a relaxing game but the issues didn't help at all.

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/7/2023 at 6:50 PM, HuntingFever said:

A new patch has just been released for this so fingers crossed it fixes the stability problems people have been having :).

Redownloaded the game today and it seems to be working fine.  Didn't crash when using the camera.  Thanks for letting us know about the patch.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Just platted the game but not before 4 crashes related to taking the 12th photo with the camera and another 1 when I was delivering the camera to Nancy. What solved the issue in both times was to manually save the game before doing those actions. Maybe it was pure luck and just a coincidence, but the moment I did that the game stopped crashing.

Also, I believe that Nancy's General Store is more prone to crash the game, because it crashed one more time 3 days later when I went there to deliver a simple package!  And again, I manually saved the game before entering this cursed place and it didn't crash. Hopefully this method can help someone else when dealing with these frustrating crashes.

Edited by Leo_Diiniz

• 1 month later...

Glad I read this thread, I'm gonna skip the PS4 version and just play it once on PS5... Recently had a similar issue with LiS true Cclors PS4, barely managed to get the last trophy in that one because the last cutscene kept crashing the game, I don't want to go through that all over again.

• 5 weeks later...