I think the simulator genre has gone far enough

3 hours ago, enaysoft said:

- Electricity usage simulator

They sort of made it, it's called Wired, and was primarily a way to encourage school kids to pursue STEM careers:

https://wiredthegame.com

- Trophy earning simulator

I mean, really, My Name is Mayo is essentially this - a parody of trophies, with trophies:

https://crappygames.miraheze.org/wiki/My_Name_is_Mayo

- Simulator simulator (A bit like Dreams, except catered towards simulating what it's like to make a simulator game)

In a sense, that would be Game Dev Story - where you simulate a development studio, and can make various game types, including a Simulator game...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Game_Dev_Story

- Ranting on a forum simulator

and its alternate version (released on the same day)

- Troll simulator

It's called Forumwarz, and it was mad clever:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forumwarz

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Gooboid said:

I will most certainly be playing this when it's on sale. 51 trophies and unique gameplay, what's not to love?!

I have watched the gameplay ttrailer, and it's quite soothing, strangely. Great way to unwind after a hard day's work.

• Like 3

On 4/16/2022 at 4:51 AM, starcrunch061 said:

With trophies for cordoning off a road, or for putting up signs…is this really necessary? 

Farming. Firefighting. Goat. I can get behind that. But road work? And not even the good part of it.

Goat? My good sir, I would like to disagree with your inclusion of Goat in this list. Sure it has simulator in its name but rather than experiencing the joys of the Goat Life, grazing the grass, being herded by dogs and the like  (sorry I don't know what goats do), I instead took the reigns of a homicidal, satanic, psychopath rage monster super goat terrorizing the populace of a poor unsuspecting city.

Not exactly the Goat Life.

Don't know if Farming Sim has goats? doubt you play them though. Does the Sims have a Farm animal DLC? i don't know, don't play those either.

• Like 1

On 15.4.2022 at 10:51 PM, starcrunch061 said:

With trophies for cordoning off a road, or for putting up signs…is this really necessary? 

Farming. Firefighting. Goat. I can get behind that. But road work? And not even the good part of it.

I dont see the problem :)

If someone wanna play it, be my guest. Not a game for me though :D 

I think this makes more sense than my name is mayo, to be fair. 

10 hours ago, RustyBacon13 said:

Goat? My good sir, I would like to disagree with your inclusion of Goat in this list. Sure it has simulator in its name but rather than experiencing the joys of the Goat Life, grazing the grass, being herded by dogs and the like  (sorry I don't know what goats do), I instead took the reigns of a homicidal, satanic, psychopath rage monster super goat terrorizing the populace of a poor unsuspecting city.

Not exactly the Goat Life.

Don't know if Farming Sim has goats? doubt you play them though. Does the Sims have a Farm animal DLC? i don't know, don't play those either.

You've got me all wrong! 

I absolutely mean simulating the life of a goat, just like this guy:

• Like 1

They should make a simulator game out of all the blue collar trades. Welding Simulator. Electrician Simulator. CNC Machinist Simulator. Or better yet, have them all in one game, with each one having its own stat you can level up in, like Runescape. And then the platinum for that game can require reaching the max level in all stats.

• 2 weeks later...

Wall of text incoming. 

Not gonna lie, I really enjoy most of the crappy low budget simulators lol. You know how people like those eurojank RPGs? Same thing here, just more chill. Working around the bugs and bad physics are part of the charm. Police chase was fun, I enjoyed getting the 100% on that, Forestery simulator, construction simulator,  and airport firefighter simulator are all fun but crappy games that I'm not bothering to 100%, but I still like. Metro simulator and bus driver simulator (not to be confused with bus simulator) were both disappointing, Even though I was initially happy with bus driver simulator. I own all of them physically among other simulators, and am always keeping my eyes open for other simulators to try. I always prefer physical, and I think it's fantastic that so many of these get physical releases.  There's 3 categories of realism based simulator games, low budget stock assets stuff, (police chase, professional farmer) mid budget (truck driver, real farm) and high budget (farming simulator, train sim world)

Edited by pikey87
Adding details.
  • Like 1