Three Legendary Cars - Virtual $$ scammer

Bolloxim

Man I spent $12 million on legendary cars that stated they were winners..  the trophy now posts with 25.6mill needed and no way to sell cars..  damn I got scammed for virtual currency..  was this to drive aftermarket sales ..lol

• Like 2

im not angry,  with the new gold circuit experience rewards I can farm the cash.. its like 47 million if super-gt video was a good gauge at the reward level.. just a lot of circuits to drive..   it was more a humourous observation that this trophy was a money siphon just like the Audi TDI '11 requirement for scapes ..  3 million and no way to earn the car..  

1 hour ago, Bolloxim said:

Man I spent $12 million on legendary cars that stated they were winners..  the trophy now posts with 25.6mill needed and no way to sell cars..  damn I got scammed for virtual currency..  was this to drive aftermarket sales ..lol

That's really on you, though. You listened to other players who had as much information as you did. The trophy could also have been bugged or even been waiting for cars that weren't in the game yet. The entire thread, up to the moment that the trophy popped for some, is full of assumptions. Just because you assumed they were right, does not make anyone a scammer.

• Like 1

Community members put a lot of thought and positivity into trying to figure out a confusing trophy description and they deserve the plaudits for never giving up, and you repay them by saying you forced me into wasting money buying these cars well shame on you 

• Like 2

I don't get the logic here. What was PD master plan here? To get a small percentage of the player base who cares about trophies to spend their money buying all the legendary cars? Like how much money could they have possibly made with this... A few hundred dollars lol. It to me just seemed like they made this trophy and threw it in the game without much thought. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, CsGetDegree said:

I don't get the logic here. What was PD master plan here? To get a small percentage of the player base who cares about trophies to spend their money buying all the legendary cars? Like how much money could they have possibly made with this... A few hundred dollars lol. It to me just seemed like they made this trophy and threw it in the game without much thought. 

Oh no nononononoooo. OBVIOUSLY they did this on purpose! 

They even have an army of users on here, to watch the world buuuurn, while counting the $$ ;) haha

52 minutes ago, CsGetDegree said:

There was no master plan behind this. It is simply badly translated from Japanese, which caused the confusion for many players. And I'm pretty sure it is not PD themselves that translate all the trophy descriptions or even the game into the different languages around the world. This kind of busy work gets outsourced.
(in Japanese, the trophy said something more in vein or "three cars that were born (as in: designed/built) to win 24h races", there was no talk of being destined)

The trophy itself is quite in vein with other GT games, where there were already trophies linked to the three specific cars needed for this trophy. And it is neither rare nor weird to link a trophy to unlocking three specific cars or whatever else in a game. It's a simple collectible trophy, there are thousands of those in many games. It's standard fare.

So there was thought behind the trophy, the only thing that confused players was the description. The trophy is time-gated though and there is an argument that can be made that the thought behind that was to put people off putting the game onto the second-hand market for a while. But since the time-gate cannot in any shape or form be changed with MTX, MTX are not the reason for the time-gate.

• Like 2