How to get Commitment

Same problem; I've had it on since Monday night before midnight, it's after midnight on Wednesday now, but it still hasn't popped. What gives?

EDIT: Followed some advice I got from elsewhere, and it worked; with the game still open following the full Tuesday, manually change the date on the PS5 to the previous day (Tuesday). Did that, and it popped.

Edited by JinjonatorX
  • Like 1

Started it up Monday night and let it sit till Wednesday just after midnight, no luck. After it didn't pop I tried triggering a few endings. I closed and re-opened the game. I triggered my only other remaining trophy, the test trophy. And I turned off the network and manually set my clock back to Tuesday again. Still nothing. Out of ideas.

I wanted to do it "legit", without changing the date on a tuesday on May 3rd. Went to sleep around 12:30AM and wanted to let it run the entire day, but sadly i forgot to turn off power saving mode and my PS5 turned off automatically after 1 hour. Woke up at 6:30, noticed it turned off, started it again and let it run the rest of the day. After midnight I changed the date and time to May 10th, 12:30AM and after I woke up today it popped around 5AM for me.

So I guess it is cumulative in the sense of you can "play" what you missed previously.

I did it paused and with my controller turned off.

10 hours ago, Chaos_Bladez said:

Yeah, I posted as soon as I could so I could potentially sway some people or save others from wasting time. I might have done something wrong, but I am not sure what. 

Please ping me if you can because I am curious if you will get it on this try or not.

Also I have been keeping an eye on this achievement site as users keep posting their findings there.

It didn’t work for me either.  Unbelievable. Stupidest trophy I’ve ever went for in my 12 years of trophy hunting.

11 minutes ago, CaptainCsabee said:

I wanted to do it "legit", without changing the date on a tuesday on May 3rd. Went to sleep around 12:30AM and wanted to let it run the entire day, but sadly i forgot to turn off power saving mode and my PS5 turned off automatically after 1 hour. Woke up at 6:30, noticed it turned off, started it again and let it run the rest of the day. After midnight I changed the date and time to May 10th, 12:30AM and after I woke up today it popped around 5AM for me.

So I guess it is cumulative in the sense of you can "play" what you missed previously.

I did it paused and with my controller turned off.

Why did it work for you but not me or chaos?

5 hours ago, JinjonatorX said:

Same problem; I've had it on since Monday night before midnight, it's after midnight on Wednesday now, but it still hasn't popped. What gives?

EDIT: Followed some advice I got from elsewhere, and it worked; with the game still open following the full Tuesday, manually change the date on the PS5 to the previous day (Tuesday). Did that, and it popped.

Just wanted to say I also followed this advice and changed the date manuall, after leaving it on with no trophy, and just got it!!

1 hour ago, solidsnake08guy said:

It didn’t work for me either.  Unbelievable. Stupidest trophy I’ve ever went for in my 12 years of trophy hunting.

Couldn't tell you. Maybe it can't be a date in the past, but i doubt that, because how would the game know what is the current date?

Maybe it has to be a different day. 

Try setting it to May 9th Monday 11:55PM. That worked for BurnedSins

Just to debunk some myths I've seen in the last few days:

- Pausing is OK

- Restart cycle is OK

- Quit to main menu is OK

- Loading screens are OK

- Actually playing the game is OK

I did all of that yesterday and the trophy still popped after 23 hours. Just don't close the game.

7 hours ago, Throw7 said:

Started it up Monday night and let it sit till Wednesday just after midnight, no luck. After it didn't pop I tried triggering a few endings. I closed and re-opened the game. I triggered my only other remaining trophy, the test trophy. And I turned off the network and manually set my clock back to Tuesday again. Still nothing. Out of ideas.

I'm in PT time zone. I started from Monday before midnight around 11:55pm to Wednesday after midnight 00:05am. The trophy did not pop.

I suspect the game reads the time code from the console but does NOT consider daylight saving. So I set my console offline and changed the date and time to Monday 10:55pm (with daylight saving, which is 11:55pm in standard time). The trophy popped afterwards.

Edit: I didn't check if the trophy popped after 12am (1am standard time). I just left it for a few hours (less than 8) and it worked.

Edited by Xymon987

3 hours ago, solidsnake08guy said:

Yikes. Sorry to hear. I had a feeling that would happen. 

On 5/3/2022 at 10:07 AM, Chaos_Bladez said:

This absolutely did not work for me, which is super, super annoying and a huge ol' waste of time and energy. Ridiculous. 

I turned off the internet, put the game at 11:57 pm on a Monday, left it on for 14 hours (until the console clock said 2:29 pm), quit out, played something else, set the time back to 14 hours after when I turned it off (I set it at 2:24 pm), left it on for another 10, and nothing happened. I am so mad that I wasted my time. Am I supposed to save somehow between chunks, @mattfry94?

@Chaos_Bladez Check out my earlier comment. I left it on throughout Tuesday but the trophy did not pop.

Then, I reset the time to before 11pm and left it on for a few hours. Then it popped.

Here is my theory.

I suspect the game only accounts for standard time. I'm using daylight saving time. My 11pm is 12am standard time. So it seems like adding the time period from 11pm to 12am worked.

Update: Adding the 1 hour did not pop the trophy. I ended up leaving the game on from 11pm to 5:30am (system clock) and the trophy popped.

Edited by Xymon987

1 hour ago, Chaos_Bladez said:

Yikes. Sorry to hear. I had a feeling that would happen. 

I got it like an hour ago, finally. Around 9AM I set the time to 11:58PM on May 16th, which is a Monday. Then just let it run hoping it would pop at some point. It popped a little after 12PM, in real time. About 3 hours after I set it up. So glad to be done with it.

1 hour ago, Xymon987 said:

@Chaos_Bladez Check out my earlier comment. I left it on throughout Tuesday but the trophy did not pop.

Then, I reset the time to before 11pm and left it on for a few hours. Then it popped.

Here is my theory.

I suspect the game only accounts for standard time. I'm using daylight saving time. My 11pm is 12am standard time. So it seems like adding the time period from 11pm to 12am worked.

That is super interesting. So use 11 pm on Monday?

26 minutes ago, solidsnake08guy said:

I got it like an hour ago, finally. Around 9AM I set the time to 11:58PM on May 16th, which is a Monday. Then just let it run hoping it would pop at some point. It popped a little after 12PM, in real time. About 3 hours after I set it up. So glad to be done with it.

Interesting. I will try this if @Xymon987's suggestion doesn't work.

Also I still have to do my PS4 run so I would only be halfway done. But I think I will do that one legitimately to avoid all this hassle. It'll be a day where I will just play my Switch or something.

Edited by Chaos_Bladez

6 hours ago, Chaos_Bladez said:

That is super interesting. So use 11 pm on Monday?

Interesting. I will try this if @Xymon987's suggestion doesn't work.

Also I still have to do my PS4 run so I would only be halfway done. But I think I will do that one legitimately to avoid all this hassle. It'll be a day where I will just play my Switch or something.

Yes. 11pm on Monday with daylight saving.

I got my PS4 trophy and I am using this method to get my PS5 trophy. I'll post update here

Update: Checked my trophy card on PS5 when the console clock showed 1am. Did not unlock the trophy. Left it on. It unlocked when it showed 5:30am.

Edited by Xymon987
Update status

1 hour ago, Xymon987 said:

Yes. 11pm on Monday with daylight saving.

I got my PS4 trophy and I am using this method to get my PS5 trophy. I'll post update here

Ok cool thanks. I went back and did that and will wait about an hour. I'll update this post around then.

EDIT: It didn't work...

Edited by Chaos_Bladez

I'll throw in what I uncovered:

- Started up the game on the PS5 around 9:30pm EDT on Monday night

- Started up the game on the PS4 a couple of minutes later

- Both consoles ran Monday night, all day Tuesday, and a few hours into Wednesday morning (no issues with sleep, idling, pausing, etc. for what that's worth)

- Checked the PS5 around 5am EDT Wednesday morning, no trophy

- Eye roll
- Ditto PS4 a bit later

- Another eye roll

- Turned both systems off

- Checked various sites after my initial wtf reaction, apologized to bucket for not being a true believer

- Around 6:30am EDT, disconnected the PS5 from the internet and manually set the time to 11:55pm on May 9th, 2022

- Trophy popped shortly after 8am EDT

- Around 9:00am EDT, did the same on the PS4

- Trophy popped  shortly after 10:30am EDT

Given that both consoles needed an extra hour and a half, it seems that:

- Timezone probably matters, since I fired up both consoles at 9:30pm EDT (or 1:30 UTC) and both versions needed almost exactly 90 more minutes

- Previous claims of non-consecutive playtime seems to be confirmed

- The 24 hours of playtime most likely has to fall on a Tuesday (since I was definitely over 24 hours in idle time + normal gameplay time)

- I didn't run into issues with loading screens, pausing, etc. so I can't speak to any of those

Edited by Michifus350
Grammar sweep

20 minutes ago, Michifus350 said:

I'll throw in what I uncovered:

- Started up the game on the PS5 around 9:30pm EDT on Monday night

- Started up the game on the PS4 a couple of minutes later

- Both consoles ran Monday night, all day Tuesday, and a few hours into Wednesday morning (no issues with sleep, idling, pausing, etc. for what that's worth)

- Checked the PS5 around 5am EDT Wednesday morning, no trophy

- Eye roll
- Ditto PS4 a bit later

- Another eye roll

- Turned both systems off

- Checked various sites after my initial wtf reaction, apologized to bucket for not being a true believer

- Around 6:30am EDT, disconnected the PS5 from the internet and manually set the time to 11:55pm on May 9th, 2022

- Trophy popped shortly after 8am EDT

- Around 9:00am EDT, did the same on the PS4

- Trophy popped  shortly after 10:30am EDT

Given that both consoles needed an extra hour and a half, it seems that:

- Timezone probably matters, since I fired up both consoles at 9:30pm EDT (or 1:30 UTC) and both versions needed almost exactly 90 more minutes

- Previous claims of non-consecutive playtime seems to be confirmed

- The 24 hours of playtime most likely has to fall on a Tuesday (since I was definitely over 24 hours in idle time + normal gameplay time)

- I didn't run into issues with loading screens, pausing, etc. so I can't speak to any of those

So I wonder if people like me on Pacific Time are getting screwed out of this trophy because they're not starting the game early enough. 

This is a funny trophy, but being this intensive and vague is just bad. I DMed the devs on Twitter so hopefully they respond.

Edited by Chaos_Bladez

4 minutes ago, Chaos_Bladez said:

So I wonder if people like me on Pacific Time are getting screwed out of this trophy.

I'd be curious to see what would happen if you set your console to Monday at 5pm and then let it run for 24 hours. If the timezone matters, it should unlock right around 5pm on Tuesday.

That said, depending on when you started idling on Monday (assuming you did it without manipulating time), you likely only need a few extra hours to cover the timezone difference. If you started the timer by changing your system clock, you're probably going to need another 7 hours to get it to pop, since I'm assuming you would have set it to 11:55pm or something close to midnight local time.

1 hour ago, Michifus350 said:

I'd be curious to see what would happen if you set your console to Monday at 5pm and then let it run for 24 hours. If the timezone matters, it should unlock right around 5pm on Tuesday.

That said, depending on when you started idling on Monday (assuming you did it without manipulating time), you likely only need a few extra hours to cover the timezone difference. If you started the timer by changing your system clock, you're probably going to need another 7 hours to get it to pop, since I'm assuming you would have set it to 11:55pm or something close to midnight local time.

I am probably going to do that tonight as I sleep. I am very tired of this trophy and I wish it had been more clear. I'll report back with my findings.

I just got it, that was really strange.

I'm in Central time and I have the auto Daylight Savings enabled.

- Turned off internet connection and manually set the time/date to Monday 5/9 at 11:55pm, turned off the game when it was Tuesday 5/10 at 5:34am. I idled outside of Stan's office with my controller plugged in and not paused, didn't do any endings. Just quit to the main menu when I felt like stopping. Changed console time back to normal and went online to play other games.

- Turned off internet connection again and manually set the time/date to Tuesday 5/10 at 5:30am, let it run until Wednesday 5/11 at 1:00am. Same idle stuff as last time. Didn't get the trophy.

- Tried what other people in the thread said and didn't close the game yet. Manually changed the day backwards one day to Tuesday 5/9, left it at 1:00am where it was already. The trophy popped immediately.

Hope that helps a little.

23 hours ago, Throw7 said:

Came back to it today after reading some other responses. I thought maybe if it was a timezone/DST issue that I had just not hit the first hour or last hour of the 24 hour period. So I set my console offline and manually set the time to Monday May 9th 10:55 PM, instead of the usual of 11:55 PM. I loaded up the game and it ran for about an hour and out of nowhere the trophy finally popped. My console still said it was Monday. It had not rolled over to Tuesday yet. However this trophy was coded, it obviously has some deficiencies with regard to timezones and DST. It's looking for an hour too early or too late depending on your timezone and whether your location observes DST or not. If I was starting over again, I'd let it run for 26 hours with an hour buffer on each end of the Tuesday.

1.disconnect network

2.set time to 2022.5.2 23:50

3.open the game,and begin the game

4.now you can pause,DON'T REST MODE.DON'T QUIT THE GAME.

5.after 24hrs,the trophy is yours.

seems everyone confused about this trophy,now i posted.

?and I saw someone doubting my speed record,weird

Well, it finally unlocked for me and I have no idea why. At 11:45 pm PT, I set the game to Monday May 2 at 10:45 pm PT and let it run through the night. I woke up (after having a damn dream about it) at like 6:30 am and saw that it had unlocked at 6 am. So even after having it open for 25 hours, it still needed five or six more.

Now to do the PS4 version...

Edited by Chaos_Bladez

18 hours ago, Chaos_Bladez said:

Well, it finally unlocked for me and I have no idea why. At 11:45 pm PT, I set the game to Monday May 2 at 10:45 pm PT and let it run through the night. I woke up (after having a damn dream about it) at like 6:30 am and saw that it had unlocked at 6 am. So even after having it open for 25 hours, it still needed five or six more.

Now to do the PS4 version...

~6 hours seems to jive with my earlier theory that you would need around 7 to account of the difference between PDT and UTC. When you try for the PS4 version, set your system timer to 4:55 pm PT and let it idle. I'd be willing to bet you'd get it in 24 hours without issue or extra time needed.

• Like 1