Microsoft offering PS3 trade ins

Memnoch

Lets say 100 dollars is 65 euro. Any ps3 is worth more than that when tou sell it yourself. I recently sold my first ps3 160gb for 170 euro after getting myself the 500gb.

New xbox isn't even out here yet but if it was i wouldn't trade in my ps3 ( what to do with my 200+ titles ) for 100 dollars and pay 100 euro's ( wich is more ) more for a xbone while at the same time i can get a ps4 for only 399,00 and still get to keep my ps3 with games on the hdd and plenty disc titles worth of years to come in playingtime.

Pretty sad ms.

Pathetic?  C'mon people.  It's called competition and if this makes a couple thousand people switch brands, then it's a smart move.  If anything, Sony fans (myself included) should be mad at Sony for not thinking of this first.  I actually thought the best part of this story was when IGN asked if this offer included the Wii and you could almost hear the Sony rep laughing from here.

Pathetic?  C'mon people.  It's called competition and if this makes a couple thousand people switch brands, then it's a smart move.  If anything, Sony fans (myself included) should be mad at Sony for not thinking of this first.  I actually thought the best part of this story was when IGN asked if this offer included the Wii and you could almost hear the Sony rep laughing from here.

If they lower the price then the competition will be there but I don't think MS are going to win at this current time. 

if you really want a xbone you could wait until ms drops the price 100 dollars without having to trade your ps3 in.

its understandable that ms wants to get playstation users swapping to ms so they have to do it through the ps3 becouse they lose a direct confrontation with the ps4.

still, you could also say that a lot of people are talking about it so that is a plus for ms. and we still saw ms selling a decent amount of units over the same period as sony, not as much as sony but given the negative publicity in the period prior to the launch that's not bad.

You clearly fail at math.

With Microsoft's offer you end up without a PS3 and without 400$ because you bought a XBOne (500-100).

If you buy a PS4 you end up still having a PS3 and without 400$ because you bought a PS4.

So in the second case your wallet is 400$ lighter, but you have 2 consoles.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

You clearly fail at math.

With Microsoft's offer you end up without a PS3 and without 400$ because you bought a XBOne (500-100).

If you buy a PS4 you end up still having a PS3 and without 400$ because you bought a PS4.

So in the second case your wallet is 400$ lighter, but you have 2 consoles.

Not sure I follow your point.  For every person MS gets to buy a X1 over a PS4 using this promo, if that person buys 2-3 games MS is ahead.  MS is saying their console is better and if the only reason you are not buying one is the $100 price difference than you can trade in a console you probably are not going to use anymore and the price is the same.  If you still want your PS3 (like I do), than obviously this isn't for you.  Again, I've never owned a MS console and I never will I just thought it was a smart business move on their part and think the moral outrage on this site is adorable.  I wish Sony would do something out of the box to boost Vita sales so we have something to play other than JRPGs and ports of two year old shooters.

• 2 weeks later...

I've heard from news sources that Wal-Mart,Gamestop,and Target are having a hard time selling X-Box One consoles.

Sales of X1 have slowed since launch day.

Where as those same stores are having a hard time keeping PS4s in stock.

MSs Kinect is the worst gimmick for a gaming console ever.

• Like 2

even if i have an XBONE why would i have to do this, can XBONE have the last of us and make me continue playing it online via Xbox live?

people is kinda angry that the ps4 already can't run ps3 discs or digital download unless you subscribed to that cloud service or PS now, i am keeping my ps3 to play my ps3 retails / digital games, plus with one PSN account i can collect trophies on ps3 and ps4.

and i'm pretty sure that my ps3 and all it's games digital and retail combined is not $100, Wow M$ is really really desperate to sell XBONE now.

After thought : maybe MS realised they werent going to make any money of the xbox and decided they are better off selling second hand ps3's than holding lots of stock ? :ninja:

To all those crying bad business ethics - this actually isnt as bad as things usually are.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...