Tips for platinum

Chaos_Bladez

3 hours ago, Varkovsky said:

Anyone know if beating kensei will also unlock the ronin trophy? Am thinking of playinf on easy or normal to unlock kensei then jump into it to unlock both kensei and ronin trophies.

No, you will not get the Ronin one, because kensei is a normal mode with hit kill mechanics. @biganhaofficialtry it and didn't get it.

The bosses has the same health as on normal. So, Kensei is another difficult, but not a difficult above Ronin. Since there 3 paths/ending I recommend playing on normal to get the feel of the game, one on kensei to become an expert on it and then one on hard... because you'll need to get really good to beat it, since Ronin has real challenge battles.

1 hour ago, XXIIlII said:

Need some tips for early end trophy. Getting tired of exiting the game and downloading the save over and over lol

You can use my video for reference, but what works for me was parrying his attack with switch position (I don't know how it's call in english, since I play in portuguese) and then do a strong attack with foward + triangle, and a roll backwards. I repeat it over and over, since this was the safe way I figured out to do.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, willianmarques said:

No, you will not get the Ronin one, because kensei is a normal mode with hit kill mechanics. @biganhaofficialtry it and didn't get it.

The bosses has the same health as on normal. So, Kensei is another difficult, but not a difficult above Ronin. Since there 3 paths/ending I recommend playing on normal to get the feel of the game, one on kensei to become an expert on it and then one on hard... because you'll need to get really good to beat it, since Ronin has real challenge battles.

Thanks for the reply. I guess I might do the first playthru on ronin then.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, XXIIlII said:

Need some tips for early end trophy. Getting tired of exiting the game and downloading the save over and over lol

I found him to be the easiest boss in the game to parry once you get the timing down if you do a Perfect Parry+ Triangle twice instead of square he'll be stunlocked into doing his slash over and over and if you press L1 as soon as you finish the second triangle you can parry him again and restart the cycle

• Like 1

really, quick. I'm at the end of chapter 4, and I've been given the 3 paths options. I chose the first one on my Ronin playthrough, but I've read you have a similar choice by end of chapter 6?? So I'm wondering whether that choice at chapter 4 will affect me or not.

Make a backup save at the end of chapter 3 before the boss

my method  if i take any damage i will restart checkpoint immediately fast as i can 

10 hours ago, XXIIlII said:

Block  and △ △ 

Block  and △ △ 

Block  and ☐

then make space a little form boss 

then 

Block  and △ △ 

Block  and △ △ 

Block  and ☐

until boss die 

On 07/05/2022 at 8:54 AM, Varkovsky said:

Anyone know if beating kensei will also unlock the ronin trophy? Am thinking of playinf on easy or normal to unlock kensei then jump into it to unlock both kensei and ronin trophies.

Hi! No, I made this and my trophy do not unlocked.. only Kensei.

But, I played before launch (got game with Devolver Digital to cover collectables), so I can't confirm after patch day one. 

Edited by biganhaofficial

13 hours ago, XSynys_terX said:

Make a backup save at the end of chapter 3 before the boss

my method  if i take any damage i will restart checkpoint immediately fast as i can 

Block  and △ △ 

Block  and △ △ 

Block  and ☐

then make space a little form boss 

then 

Block  and △ △ 

Block  and △ △ 

Block  and ☐

until boss die 

Thanks for this, took me quite a few tries cos sometimes boss just go crazy and swing really fast consecutively and I fail to parry but got it done eventually.

2 minutes ago, rospondek said:

Collectibles has to be found in one playthrough or can I find them through couple of runs?

The same for any upgrades. Are they only for the current playthrough or permanent?

You have to get all collectibles in 1 playthrough, you can combine it with the upgrades but if you miss a collectible or upgrade, you have to collect them all again in another playthrough. Oh and they don't carry over into a new game or anything. 

• Like 2

Just now, rospondek said:

Thank you for quick answer. Bummer. So looks like all collectibles will be left for my last playthrough.

No worries. I would still recommend going for the upgrades, especially on harder difficulty playthroughs. Heck, even collecting some of them on easy is advisable, even if you don't get all of them 

1 hour ago, StygianWolf4 said:

You have to get all collectibles in 1 playthrough, you can combine it with the upgrades but if you miss a collectible or upgrade, you have to collect them all again in another playthrough. Oh and they don't carry over into a new game or anything. 

ya but willianmarques post on 1st page says otherwise, not sure how to follow, this game is kinda weird regarding upgrades and collectibles

18 hours ago, Argandalf said:

really, quick. I'm at the end of chapter 4, and I've been given the 3 paths options. I chose the first one on my Ronin playthrough, but I've read you have a similar choice by end of chapter 6?? So I'm wondering whether that choice at chapter 4 will affect me or not.

Read my post on 1st page, fully detailed about this specific choice option, only chapter 6 choices matters, before that you can choose anything

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, TwoWinged_PS said:

ya but willianmarques post on 1st page says otherwise, not sure how to follow, this game is kinda weird regarding upgrades and collectibles

I might have missed that one, my bad if I gave inaccurate info 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, StygianWolf4 said:

My experience was different. I lose some, think I had to pick all again, was doing that and trophies pops when I pick the ones I'm sure I left behind with still a lot to pick up on later chapters. 

There's no tracker, but it seems to be a hidden in-game tracker.

Keep in mind I played and got the platinum 5 days before launch and day one patch, because Devolver sent me game earlier for review purposes, so things could be changed. But I doubt they'll change such a thing like that, but I can't guarantee.

• Like 2

So we will have to check this in a couple of days. Hidden trackers are always the worst ?

On 5/6/2022 at 11:46 PM, tommyrotts said:

thanks for the tips!  any recommendations on which chapter would be best to get untouchable (no deaths/shrines)?  

I'm nearing the end of my hard playthrough, and it seems the only way to save is to touch a shrine, so I am guessing an easy playthrough would be best, I just don't know which chapter is shortest/easiest.

Everyone's advice here has been super useful though, appreciate it!

As for this here is my messy video :D

As I wrote in the description, abuse counterattacks and finishers as they replenish HP. First one gives back 1 HP second one 3-4 HP.

Second thing is the obvious attack standing back to your enemy. Direction towards enemy+:square: instakills every standard enemy. Just watch out for spacing and nearby enemies. As you can see in the beginning, you have to get used to that move :D It is a little counterintuitive with many enemies around. Brain has to do different things.

Last thing is to get the extra health upgrade by the end in the cave. Not that it is needed but it can save your mighty butt.

The boss itself is counterblock :l1: with :square::square::triangle: to send him in the crowd. And after he returns the same move, or you can soften or stun him a little with shurikens :r2::r2::r2:

I used :square::square::triangle::triangle: to finish him if I can see it correctly. Don't remember actually if I had this move unlocked ?

And this was my fifth attempt if you wonder. Second one in the second sitting. So not that hard.

Edited by rospondek

any tips guys on how to get finishers? I can't seem to be able to stun enemies, when I try the "Square" "Square" "Triangle" combo, i usually get interrupted or hit (Ronin diff) 

EDIT: Just found out, please ignore xD

Edited by Argandalf

24 minutes ago, Varkovsky said:

I'm getting my ass kicked by the final boss on ronin mode. The lack of checkpoint between the 2 phases doesn't help either. Anyone have any tips or pointers?

I just uploaded a videoto my YT channel HERE showing how to defeat Kagerou Demon on Ronin Difficulty, without being hit. Hope it helps!

1 hour ago, Argandalf said:

I just uploaded a videoto my YT channel HERE showing how to defeat Kagerou Demon on Ronin Difficulty, without being hit. Hope it helps!

Well what do you know, after watching your video, I got it after a few tries but couldn't do no damage though lol.

At least Ronin is done. Please don't tell me Kensei is harder than this lol.

Edited by Varkovsky

6 hours ago, Varkovsky said:

Well what do you know, after watching your video, I got it after a few tries but couldn't do no damage though lol.

Bosses are similar in Ronin and Kensei I believe, so should be similar. Only thing on Kensei is that enemies and yourself are a 1 hit thing

10 hours ago, Varkovsky said:

Bosses are significantly easier in kensai, don’t worry. I had major trouble with the last boss on ronin and just beat kensai in one sitting, it was not very difficult at all. Basically every boss can be beat in 2 combos.

Man, the game really isn't that well designed. I just finished my Ronin run and deinstalled the game. It was a fun time overall, but I don't see myself replaying it. Ironically, I think Kensai mode is easier, because normal enemies die from one hit and bosses have less health than they do on Ronin. Since they (pretty much) insta-kill you on Ronin anyway, it's not a huge difference. They just have less HP.

The amount of times I got stunlocked isn't funny. Bosses need to be put into a loop to be properly reactable (the final boss in particular is only beatable if you put him into a parry loop IMO) and the fact that enemies can just shoot through their allies make some sections incredibly frustrating.

I also hate the fact that UP+Square, Square, Triangle, R1 is just straight up the best combo in the game and there is literally no reason to not use it on enemies that can be stunned. It's an insta-kill AND it heals.

I’ve beat this game 3 times now and cannot find the skill in second row, first column… driving me crazy, can’t find the location anywhere on the internet either.

EDIT- just found it! It’s in the very beginning of chapter 4, it’s in the background just to the right of where you start the chapter, you have to run straight back down a path.

Edited by NashtyMouse
  • Like 1