Tips for platinum

Chaos_Bladez

5 minutes ago, willianmarques said:

First of all, Trek to Yomi is challenging, but fair. There's a lot of checkpoints and for the no damage bosses you can restart checkpoint If you got hit on normal and on hard.

Since there's 3 endings/paths you have to play it 3 times (5 hours each).

I recommend playing it on normal, looking for collectibles, on hard and then on kensei focusing on the no damage bosses, because on kensei you'll die if you get hit anyway. 

Kensei is not really that hard because the bosses has the same life bar as they had on normal and you did the same amount of damage as well. What is really hard is, well... The hard mode.

There's a trophy for a secret ending on chapter 3, for that you cannot die or the story will progress and you'll have to try it again on another run. If you think you'll die, restart checkpoint. I recommend doing this on normal or on hard.

Explore for collectibles, new combos and for ammunition, they are vital specially on kensei to deal with ranged enemies.

Here's a video for a no damage bosses run on Kensei for reference.

Haha damn we just both made tip threads. Let me link to yours. 

EDIT: Wait what just happened? I didn't make this thread with this title. Did the mods do this...? 

Edited by Chaos_Bladez
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Chaos_Bladez said:

Haha damn we just both made tip threads. Let me link to yours. 

EDIT: Wait what just happened? I didn't make this thread with this title. Did the mods do this...? 

Hahahaha I don't know what happened either, but it's cool our tips are complementary. Good job, man.

2 hours ago, Chaos_Bladez said:

2 hours ago, willianmarques said:

Since there's 3 endings/paths you have to play it 3 times (5 hours each).

I recommend playing it on normal, looking for collectibles, on hard and then on kensei focusing on the no damage bosses, because on kensei you'll die if you get hit anyway. 

Appreciate the early pointers.  I think I'll lean towards Sifu for now, and come back to this.  117 collectibles, lol.  Game looks great.  IGN gave it a 7/10 which means it is probably an awesome game.

1 hour ago, NashtyMouse said:

So annoying that there isn’t a chapter select. I’m gonna do the first playthrough blind on ronin difficulty. Do collectibles carry over across playthroughs?

No, they don't. It sucks.

3 hours ago, archangeltw_ said:

Is it possible to shorten the ronin (hard) playthrough by doing xxxxxxxxxxxxx, the secret ending?

I doubt it. I beat that boss on Kensei and didn't get the trophy for beating it on Kensei so I would imagine that same principle applies to Ronin. You have to beat all the chapters.

I’m so annoyed, so I missed the very first collectable of the game, and just doing a blind play through I just finished chapter 4 and have gotten every other collectable so far lol.

it’s one thing to not include chapter select for collectibles like this, but to also not let them carry over to new playthrough!? C’mon Flying Wild Hog, do better! It’s not a huge deal since I will be doing another play through anyway, but it would be nice to play without being paranoid of missing a single collectable.

that being said, as simple as the gameplay is, I like the game a lot more than most people. I would give it a 8.2/10 so far!

• Like 2

4 hours ago, StygianWolf4 said:

Collectibles Guide

Thanks. I'll actually add this to the first post so it's easier to find.

16 hours ago, NashtyMouse said:

I’m so annoyed, so I missed the very first collectable of the game, and just doing a blind play through I just finished chapter 4 and have gotten every other collectable so far lol.

it’s one thing to not include chapter select for collectibles like this, but to also not let them carry over to new playthrough!? C’mon Flying Wild Hog, do better! It’s not a huge deal since I will be doing another play through anyway, but it would be nice to play without being paranoid of missing a single collectable.

that being said, as simple as the gameplay is, I like the game a lot more than most people. I would give it a 8.2/10 so far!

Welcome to the "I only missed one collectible" club!

1 hour ago, TwoWinged_PS said:

Hello psnprofiles community,

I sgined up just to let everyone know that the 3 endings/paths can be done by uploading save to the cloud and replaying the last chapter, no need for a full playthrough 1f917.png

1.As soon as you're on the choice screen for Love/Duty/Fury at the end of chapter 6, DO NOT CHOOSE YET! exit the game, upload your save to cloud, turn off auto sync.

2.Start the game and continue your play for the last chapter, finish it and get the trophy for your choice, than you can exit the game and download the previously uploaded save from your cloud

3.Continue on to your second choice, same as above just finish last chapter for the next endings/paths trophy, rinse repeat and done 1f61c.png

Thank you!

thanks for the tips!  any recommendations on which chapter would be best to get untouchable (no deaths/shrines)?  

I'm nearing the end of my hard playthrough, and it seems the only way to save is to touch a shrine, so I am guessing an easy playthrough would be best, I just don't know which chapter is shortest/easiest.

Everyone's advice here has been super useful though, appreciate it!

On 05/05/2022 at 4:43 PM, archangeltw_ said:

Is it possible to shorten the ronin (hard) playthrough by doing xxxxxxxxxxxxx, the secret ending?

No, it's not... I'm able to beat him even without taking damage, the secret ending plays out, but you know what's happen after. So the game doesn't count it as a true ending and therefore you didn't got any of the difficulties trophy that way. You have to finish finish.

On 05/05/2022 at 5:50 PM, NashtyMouse said:

So annoying that there isn’t a chapter select. I’m gonna do the first playthrough blind on ronin difficulty. Do collectibles carry over across playthroughs?

There's no tracker, so I was thinking I'll have to pick all again. But I got my trophies as soon as I found what I missed in the first place way earlier in chapter 4 for Dedicated Collector trophy and for Leave no stone unturned I got it on the beginnig of chapter 6.

So there's is no tracker to see, but there's an in-game tracker

38 minutes ago, tommyrotts said:

thanks for the tips!  any recommendations on which chapter would be best to get untouchable (no deaths/shrines)?  

I'm nearing the end of my hard playthrough, and it seems the only way to save is to touch a shrine, so I am guessing an easy playthrough would be best, I just don't know which chapter is shortest/easiest.

Everyone's advice here has been super useful though, appreciate it!

I think chapter 2 is the way to go... I got it on chapter 1, but it was before the day one patch, a friend tried on it and didn't get that way. I think maybe, that one shrine you have to use on 1 now counts against the trophy.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, willianmarques said:

I think chapter 2 is the way to go... I got it on chapter 1, but it was before the day one patch, a friend tried on it and didn't get that way. I think maybe, that one shrine you have to use on 1 now counts against the trophy.

Awesome, thanks!  I assume if you do die, you just reload checkpoint from the menu.  Either way, chapter two is really early and After doing kensei it shouldn't be that bad

5 hours ago, Chaos_Bladez said:

Thanks. I'll actually add this to the first post so it's easier to find.

Thanks! It would certainly save people missing 1 or 2. Even I missed a couple in order, but went back to them too. Helping people is always worth it though. 

• Like 1

Anyone know if beating kensei will also unlock the ronin trophy? Am thinking of playinf on easy or normal to unlock kensei then jump into it to unlock both kensei and ronin trophies.

Edited by Varkovsky