Genshin Impact - General Discussion

Undead Wolf

I maxed out the Battle Pass yesterday, so I'll spend the rest of the time until 2.8 trying to roll for better artifacts. The last time this happened, I felt bad because I hadn't unlocked enough stuff to do in Genshin to get other things done. Now, I have plenty. It just feels good not having the pressure to complete a bunch of weeklies that really didn't give all that good of spoils.

• Like 2

I'm still doing stuff around Mondstadt and Liyue.

Haven't even gone to Inzuma, yet.

I've done pretty much all the quests that I could have done, progressed all the statues of the seven to the max, and did all the Chasm stuff as well as the Dragonspine stuff (Just have to wait a couple more refreshes till I can max the tree)

Just finished getting all the chests in Mondstadt, and to my surprise the ones in Dragonspine as well.

And, just waiting for 2 more refreshes to max out the reputation in Mondstadt.

After that, it's Liyue's turn to max out the rep.

But, because I've done pretty much everything that I can do at this stage, I'm going to head to Inzuma, soon.

Then, it can all start all over again. (and, hopefully I'll have access to the limited events that have been locked for me because of my progression.)

I have a pretty "Good" roster at this stage.

Obviously not as good as most of you guys, but I've only been playing for a month, or so now. So. :P

The main party that I've been using is a

C6 Noelle as my main DPS (I also have Diluc, but C6 Noelle is pretty amazing)

C1 Yelan as my Sub DPS (Got pretty lucky with pulling in her banner)

C1 Xianling as another Sub DPS

C2 Rosaria as my final Sub DPS
(Not using a support because Noelle kinda takes that roll as well.)

I'd like to use someone else instead of Rosaria, but I really need a good Ice/Electro character to deal with those annoying water wizards.

But, the other characters that I have are

(C0 Diona, C6 Yanfei, C2 Fischl, C0 Jean, C0 Amber, C0 Mona, C0 Diluc, C0 Gorou, C0 Ningguang, C0 Sayu, C0 Kaeya, C0 Kujou Sara, C0 Lisa, C6 Barbara, C0 Bennet)

Not a whale, but I don't mind spending a couple bucks each month.
( I always say, €1 for every hour played is okay with me.)

Didn't really get lucky with any weapons unfortunately.

Was hoping to get the Redhorn for Noelle, but didn't get it, so she is using the Whiteblind.

For all the other characters, mostly the best F2P weapons that you can find for them, no premiums.

But, if any of you has advice in terms of my party set-up or weapons, I'd like to hear that. :)

• Like 3

Just finally got around to 100% the Chasm. Sumeru looks good from the leaks I've seen. The characters look a little underwhelming tbh, but I'll still be pulling for the Dendro Archon. One of my goals is to get all seven of them on my main account. The Strongbox Artifact update will be a welcomed QOL adjustment for many people, just not as much for an AR 60 account like myself. 

• Like 3

That moment when you get a 5* animation with the weapon banner, and you are getting hyped because you think you might get the Redhorn...

Yet, instead... you get the Memory of Dust catalyst for the second time...☹️

Last time I pulled on a weapon banner.
Now just going to save up my gems for character pulls. ?

• Like 1

At least now "third time's a charm" since Epitomized Path... I guess ?. Sorry you got disappointed with the weapon banner. I wished on those only once during the Ayato banner and only because I knew I'd be happy getting the bow if I didn't get the sword. Which happened. A nice addition to my "bow users only" team. I take that as a win!

I'm so hyped for the next region, I love the environment we saw during the preview! I can't wait to explore. Just a few more weeks to wait.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Flitterbloom said:

At least now "third time's a charm" since Epitomized Path... I guess 1f605.png. Sorry you got disappointed with the weapon banner. I wished on those only once during the Ayato banner and only because I knew I'd be happy getting the bow if I didn't get the sword. Which happened. A nice addition to my "bow users only" team. I take that as a win!

I'm so hyped for the next region, I love the environment we saw during the preview! I can't wait to explore. Just a few more weeks to wait.

Unfortunately, the banner will disappear in about 3/4 days.

No way that I'm able to gather that many primo's in that amount of time.

And, no way that I'm going to spend money for that.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, JusttJD said:

Unfortunately, the banner will disappear in about 3/4 days.

No way that I'm able to gather that many primo's in that amount of time.

And, no way that I'm going to spend money for that.

Yeah, I feel like the weapon banner is a scam (and I've never used it). You probably don't even want to bother unless you'd be happy with both of the outcomes.

I think they purposely match a really good weapon with a subpar one. I'm just going to wait until Kokomi's donut comes around again. That's probably considered one of the least useful artifacts, so they'll probably pair it with an amazing weapon, and then I won't care either way because I main Koko. Mwahaha.

MoD could be good on your C6 Yanfei. Or try to get Klee?

47 minutes ago, Cassylvania said:

Yeah, I feel like the weapon banner is a scam (and I've never used it). You probably don't even want to bother unless you'd be happy with both of the outcomes.

I think they purposely match a really good weapon with a subpar one. I'm just going to wait until Kokomi's donut comes around again. That's probably considered one of the least useful artifacts, so they'll probably pair it with an amazing weapon, and then I won't care either way because I main Koko. Mwahaha.

MoD could be good on your C6 Yanfei. Or try to get Klee?

Yeah, I skipped the previous weapon banner because of that reason.

But, because Noelle is my main girl I want to give her the best of the best.

When I reach AR45, I'm going to spend a good amount of my Fragile Resin to farm the best Artifacts for her.

And, Redhorn is the weapon that can turn her from Incredible, to Godlike.

But, she is still amazing with the Whiteblind.

I've never really got into using Yanfei.

Maybe I should try and play around with her as well, although she is supposedly a main DPS as well, right? Not really a Sub.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, JusttJD said:

I've never really got into using Yanfei.

Maybe I should try and play around with her as well, although she is supposedly a main DPS as well, right? Not really a Sub.

Main DPS or shielder if you have her at C4. She probably doesn't synergize well with Noelle, but you'll eventually want two teams for Spiral Abyss.

Not sure why you want to replace Rosaria. You have her best constellation and she's a very underrated character. (Kaeya too.) I think either one would be a solid cryo unit for you.

Among your other characters... I personally like Jean, but she's another hybrid character. I think it's worth using at least one standard banner character because odds are you're going to get multiple constellations for them. Jean also gives you an anemo character, as well as someone to wear the Venener set.

I've wanted Fischl for months. She's probably worth using.

Everybody seems to like Bennett, but I find his playstyle boring. Pairs nicely with Xiangling.

Ningguang probably pairs well with Noelle.

• Like 1

I like this game because the women in this game are soooooooo hot and none of them is overweight.

I actually pulled Arataki, is this a Main DPS or a Supporter? I am a 100% F2P Player so I do not know much about 5 Star Characters.

Edited by Sikutai
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

Main DPS or shielder if you have her at C4. She probably doesn't synergize well with Noelle, but you'll eventually want two teams for Spiral Abyss.

Not sure why you want to replace Rosaria. You have her best constellation and she's a very underrated character. (Kaeya too.) I think either one would be a solid cryo unit for you.

Among your other characters... I personally like Jean, but she's another hybrid character. I think it's worth using at least one standard banner character because odds are you're going to get multiple constellations for them. Jean also gives you an anemo character, as well as someone to wear the Venener set.

I've wanted Fischl for months. She's probably worth using.

Everybody seems to like Bennett, but I find his playstyle boring. Pairs nicely with Xiangling.

Ningguang probably pairs well with Noelle.

Hmm, I might try that out.

Maybe use something like.

Noelle - Ningguang - Xianling - Rosaria
Yanfei - Yelan - Barbara - Fischl

I don't really have the materials to level up that many characters though.

Been basically focusing on Noelle and Yelan (both at level 80), with Xianling and Rosaria falling a little bit behind. (both at level 60)
The rest of the chars are basically level 20, max.

And. I don't have anything against Rosaria, not at all. She's pretty cool and her moveset as well (And, she is just very, very hot. :P )

But, I always feel like there could be someone better in her spot.

(Would love to get Hu Tao, Shenhe, Ganyu or Raiden... But, their banner won't come back any time soon, I guess. :( )

• Like 1

Maybe I,ll go for this build for Mona? I dont have lucky artifacts for her at the icemountain this week, its all for Ganyu? and I missed to level up her stellaris phantasm? also, her weapon,s elemental mastery,, not sure if it is reliable? already run out of 4star crit/damage weapon?

Screenshot-20220710-120649-com-mi-Ho-Yo-

Screenshot-20220710-120730-com-mi-Ho-Yo-

Screenshot-20220710-120834-com-mi-Ho-Yo-

Screenshot-20220710-120915-com-mi-Ho-Yo-

• Like 3

On 09/07/2022 at 8:39 AM, Sikutai said:

I actually pulled Arataki, is this a Main DPS or a Supporter? I am a 100% F2P Player so I do not know much about 5 Star Characters.

Arataki Itto is a main DPS, he scales off Def so you want to build him with as much Def as you can of course with crit rate, crit damage. 

Itto should be in a team with multiple geo characters for the resonance buff. C4 Gorou heals so probably his best support in the team, only problem it's costly to get 5 copies of Gorou. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Am4z1n9_AZ said:

Arataki Itto is a main DPS, he scales off Def so you want to build him with as much Def as you can of course with crit rate, crit damage. 

Itto should be in a team with multiple geo characters for the resonance buff. C4 Gorou heals so probably his best support in the team, only problem it's costly to get 5 copies of Gorou. 

I have a Level 90 Noelle Healer with very high Def and a Lv 90 Albedo.

So this video popped in Genshin Official Youtube channel and it gave me the chills.

Showing all Harbingers together (save for Scaramouche) really hypes me up for Sumeru. The girl singing at the coffin also creeped me out. I assume she is Damslette, the 3rd Harbinger, for whom Childe said that "something doesn't feel right about her".

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, ZOLANTON said:

I assume she is Damslette, the 3rd Harbinger, for whom Childe said that "something doesn't feel right about her".

Here's all of them with names. I want Arlecchino and Damselette if they will ever be playable.

Spoiler

1c1kh88ftwa91.jpg

• Like 1

The Fatui characters actually look pretty cool! Much better than anyone leaked from the Sumeru updates. Based on Hoyoverse's character designs I would assume that Arlecchino, Pantalone, Dottore & Damslette will possibly be playable later down the line.

If Arlecchino, Pantalone & Dottore are playable they're definitely must pulls for me.

There's also a little segment at the end of the video with Collei in case some of you may of missed it, Tighnari sounds like a goof.

Edited by Am4z1n9_AZ
  • Like 1

I just pulled Shikanoin Heizou and the Skyward Atlas catalyst, so I'm taking that as a sign that I need to build him up. He's no Sucrose, but the Traveler was my only Anemo character, and it's nice to have someone dedicated to that role now. Oh, and did you all notice in the Adventurer's Handbook that you get artifact-building materials for leveling up characters in each of the elemental classes? It was a pleasant surpise!

• Like 3

Yeah, I'm really doubting between saving my Primogems for the Rumored Shenhe to return in a banner when 3.0 hits, or using them now.

Shenhe, the moment I met her in the game, she instantly became my favorite character, so I really would love to have her in my team.

And, apart from that, she would be a great addition to replace Rosaria in my main team.

However, I don't have Klee... And, Klee is Klee...
(But, with Xianling, Diluc, Bennet, Yanfei, I already have plenty pyro characters.)

Decisions, decisions...

Edited by JusttJD
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Doctor Completion said:

He's no Sucrose

He seems to be a great driver for taser teams (Fischl + Xingqiu + Beidou, for example). While also dealing not bad damage himself.

12 minutes ago, JusttJD said:

Rumored Shenhe to return in a banner when 3.0 hits,

From what I have heard the second banner is rumored to be Zhongli + Ganyu. 

• Like 1