Genshin Impact - General Discussion

Undead Wolf

It really has been a slog recently. I've been doing Chenyue Vale for my dailies really passively, but I can't say the new events have been particularly interesting or engaging. Going to get these two trophies and clear the new region then probably take a nice long break before Natlan.

My poor PS4 is also really struggling with these updates, I feel like I have to clear space every time one of these comes out.

• Like 1

Is there a convenient list of quests that are necessary to do for the oculi? I’d like to explore and find them myself, but hate questing in this game so if there’s just a shortlist somewhere of necessary ones for me to breeze through before I can go back to exploring for fun, that’d be great.

15 hours ago, Tothoro said:

It really has been a slog recently. I've been doing Chenyue Vale for my dailies really passively, but I can't say the new events have been particularly interesting or engaging. Going to get these two trophies and clear the new region then probably take a nice long break before Natlan.

My poor PS4 is also really struggling with these updates, I feel like I have to clear space every time one of these comes out.

Thankfully the latest patch did some optimization for the game's files and total size seems to be reduced by 20 GB on my PS4 and PC. I will still delete the PS4 version once I get these two trophies and re-install the game once Natlan is released during the summer.

The game has indeed become very repetitive and stale. Even the new well-designed characters like Arlecchino and Chlorinde do not interest me enough, since I have built 4 teams already with my existing characters and I can clear pretty much every content while shutting off my brain. The lack of engaging and challenging end-game content has really killed the game for me. I will probably take a huge break too and play the game only when new regions and Archon quests are released.

• Like 1

I'm feeling the same as you guys, I'm kind of glad I didn't play any other gacha games and don't plan on touching another again. It's just a repetitive cycle of the same uncreative events.

The new characters I'm not interested and the artifact grind has been a waste of resources. I've been in MH domain since it appeared and have only one good artifact to show for it. This game doesn't respect the players time.

That's why I've just been playing it casually and enjoying more engaging and better designed games these past couple of months. I've accepted the fact that Genshin is just a side game for casual gamers.

• Like 1

Thankfully  I don't care allthat much for the myriads of characters except a few and am more interested in the world and its lore being uncovered over time. Never cared much for the banners and all that overly detailed stat-jerking meta stuff at all. Though the times of doing dailies in between major updates do stretch it all a bit thin.  Luckily, I stopped for a few months because the file was just getting too big and switched to finishing unfinihed games still on my drive  to gain some space.

• Like 1

At first I was really interested in playing genshin until the very end, but it has two grievances that are too much for me to handle:

- texts in missions/events that can't be skipped beyond destroying your thumb for fast skipping, and even so, it takes many seconds each time. Like this is 2024 already and most games out there have a full skip option for scenes, for god's sake... I could endure it for the first, 1000 hours? but enough is enough

- the artifact grind in hoyoverse games is nuts

...and even so, i must be a severe masochist, as I left Genshin but went after Starrail, and i'm gonna go after ZZZ after that one, ugh.

Edited by Ekir
typos
  • Like 1

TnRDezXl.jpg

First Time since I started Genshin I ever got two of the new 5* Character, usually only seen others(on HoYoLab) showing off their luck in getting two or more of a 5* Character.

Now I can save my remaining Intertwined Fates for Clorinde and Sigewinne.

• Like 3

While everyone else is pulling for Arlecchino, I spent my primos on Lyney cons. Lyney’s the first limited 5 star that I’ve pulled for constellations for. I was hoping to get two cons in a single 10 pull and post it here but of course, I never have that kind of luck…

• Like 1

On 4/24/2024 at 5:30 PM, madbuk said:

Is there a convenient list of quests that are necessary to do for the oculi? I’d like to explore and find them myself, but hate questing in this game so if there’s just a shortlist somewhere of necessary ones for me to breeze through before I can go back to exploring for fun, that’d be great.

If you follow the oculi locations on the official hoyo map, they will say "You can get this oculi through this quest" and then I just look it up. Unfortunately, I don't know all of them in a simple list, but some quests you can't unlock without doing like three or four other quests. Usually it's the long winded World Quests that get you the new locations.

On 4/25/2024 at 4:46 PM, whodeygamer said:

While everyone else is pulling for Arlecchino, I spent my primos on Lyney cons. Lyney’s the first limited 5 star that I’ve pulled for constellations for. I was hoping to get two cons in a single 10 pull and post it here but of course, I never have that kind of luck…

Don't feel too bad, it's something we all want but I've been playing since launch with a few minor breaks and never had it happen. Maybe one day, but the odds are so insane that I wouldn't count on it.

On 4/25/2024 at 1:14 AM, ZOLANTON said:

Thankfully the latest patch did some optimization for the game's files and total size seems to be reduced by 20 GB on my PS4 and PC. I will still delete the PS4 version once I get these two trophies and re-install the game once Natlan is released during the summer.

The game has indeed become very repetitive and stale. Even the new well-designed characters like Arlecchino and Chlorinde do not interest me enough, since I have built 4 teams already with my existing characters and I can clear pretty much every content while shutting off my brain. The lack of engaging and challenging end-game content has really killed the game for me. I will probably take a huge break too and play the game only when new regions and Archon quests are released.

I still have the old version of FFXV installed on my hard drive because I keep telling myself that I'll get around to the offline Comrades stuff one day. I think if I just bit the bullet there I'd buy myself a lot of space for Genshin updates, I think that ends up being over 100 GB by itself.

Agreed on the new content not being exciting, though. I do still really like the exploration of new areas and the main quests, but everything else drags hard and the FOMO/sense of obligation to do stuff like Dailies and Battle Pass is draining. I think that's something I need to work on getting over, though; I have good teams as-is and the rest of the Fontaine roster seems like a skip to me so there's not really a reason to force myself through logging in every single day.

I'm curious if you all feel my pain on this...

Anyway, like a good completionist, the Fontaine Series IX trophy update came out for Genshin on PS5. I'm all the way caught up on the main story and have explored most regions to 100% except for the new Liyue area. When I hit AR 70, I said to myself that I'd stop playing (since there's so much backlog left to do) but that I would check in dutifully and sign back in for trophy updates like this one. I've pretty much stuck to that; I got that week-long bonus for not logging on in for a couple weeks, played for that week, then turned Genshin back off. I saw the trophy update and figured it'd tie up some loose ends in Fontaine; it did.

I completed both trophies in a few hours. Playing the story update and leveling up the Fontaine statues to 10 took long than maxing out the Fountain of Lucine. The new story update wasn't difficult. I only had to grit my teeth to find a couple Hydroculi; thankfully, I had materials to make a couple Resonance Stones to help. 

I'm saying all this to admit: well, it's good to knock out a couple new trophies, but I didn't have much joy doing it. Again, perhaps it's because I haven't been actively playing Genshin for several weeks. When I logged in, I noted the characters who were works-in-progress. Liyue's new map is considerably undone. There are some story quests left, never mind the relationship-building quests. And as much as I liked Arlecchino's role in the Fontaine Archon story, I ran out of primos some time ago and felt no real sense of loss about not pulling. I don't hate the game. I think I'm just done with it, and I'm a bit surprised. 

For those of you living that AR 60 life, I'm curious what keeps up interested in the game. Or, on the other hand, are any of you all like me and pfffbt about it? Would be happy to hear thoughts either way. Take care, Travelers.

Edited by Doctor Completion
Heh heh. I should have just scrolled up. Glad to hear I'm not the only one!
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, Doctor Completion said:

I'm curious if you all feel my pain on this...

Anyway, like a good completionist, the Fontaine Series IX trophy update came out for Genshin on PS5. I'm all the way caught up on the main story and have explored most regions to 100% except for the new Liyue area. When I hit AR 70, I said to myself that I'd stop playing (since there's so much backlog left to do) but that I would check in dutifully and sign back in for trophy updates like this one. I've pretty much stuck to that; I got that week-long bonus for not logging on in for a couple weeks, played for that week, then turned Genshin back off. I saw the trophy update and figured it'd tie up some loose ends in Fontaine; it did.

I completed both trophies in a few hours. Playing the story update and leveling up the Fontaine statues to 10 took long than maxing out the Fountain of Lucine. The new story update wasn't difficult. I only had to grit my teeth to find a couple Hydroculi; thankfully, I had materials to make a couple Resonance Stones to help. 

I'm saying all this to admit: well, it's good to knock out a couple new trophies, but I didn't have much joy doing it. Again, perhaps it's because I haven't been actively playing Genshin for several weeks. When I logged in, I noted the characters who were works-in-progress. Liyue's new map is considerably undone. There are some story quests left, never mind the relationship-building quests. And as much as I liked Arlecchino's role in the Fontaine Archon story, I ran out of primos some time ago and felt no real sense of loss about not pulling. I don't hate the game. I think I'm just done with it, and I'm a bit surprised. 

For those of you living that AR 60 life, I'm curious what keeps up interested in the game. Or, on the other hand, are any of you all like me and pfffbt about it? Would be happy to hear thoughts either way. Take care, Travelers.

I still love the game, but at some point I realized, logging in daily, spending all my resin, doing the events, exploring new regions... it's a lot of fun, but... I have such a massive backlog to get through that it became hard to justify when my account is already pretty stacked. Thanks to the game not having meaningful powercreep (genuinely thank you, Hoyoverse. Powercreep sucks), I should be set for life. I've got Kokomi for healing or Zhongli for shielding, my Ayato is a beast as DPS, I have plenty of other DPSs and supports as well... so I just don't need to be logging in every day and saving up my primos for pulls. And while it does make me sad to not log in every day, I've also become significantly more productive with backlog games instead, and I think unfortunately that's a trade off I'm going to take.

So I eagerly look forward to trophy patches to give me an excuse to come back again. For the fountain/statue I'm going to take my time, do a level or two a day, craft some oculi compasses, give myself a genuine reason to log in every day, and hopefully that'll carry me close to Natlan's release. Level 37 fountain and 8 statue, currently.

• Like 3

I played this game on a former account for about 2 years.

I started when Inazuma was introduced and stopped after Sumeru was finished.

I love the game, the characters, the world and especially the music.

And it is my favorite game of the past 10 years, without any question.

However, I want to play a game on my own pace.

I want to choose what to play and when to play it.

But, with Genshin I was forced to play it because I would miss quest/story otherwise.

I missed so many quests from the Mondstadt & Liyue period.

Character introductions, special events.

I disliked that so much and kept pressuring me to keep playing it so I wouldn't miss anything else.

Which caused me to be burned out from Genshin.

If they would release an update that makes it so that all former quests/events become available, and make it so that future events will stay no matter what.

Then I would gladly play this game again and start from scratch.

But as long as that doesn't happen, I won't see myself returning to this game.

Which is such a shame.

Incredible game, but so user unfriendly. :(

• Like 4