Why are the trophies so rare?

Leo-Luster-Pow

32 minutes ago, Leo-Luster-Pow said:

Just wondering why these trophies are so rare from a seemingly easy and not that time consuming game

As usual: common game for casuals, bought by a lot of people who just want to play it totally ignoring trophies, since they are not interested in them.

• Like 1

It's because most of the trophies are grindy as hell and some have horrible RNG attached to them, plus the game gets really boring after the first few hours. I only need 2 trophies for the Plat but they're the grindiest and most boring ones in the entire game, thus my enthusiasm to get them is almost nonexistent.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 4

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Every time I start a lego game, I realize why they're so rare... the trophies, and the games, tend to be mindnumbingly boring and grindy,  so after a few hours of feeling my neurones pop and die in my brain, I give up...

Then after a few months I forget (due to a lack of neurones) and I start again... -_-

Many years later I get the Plat. I guess it's the same for other people too. 

• Like 4

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
30 minutes ago, Rorro_Lux said:

I dont understand why people say this platinum was boring. I found the game to be a blast and had quite an enjoyable time with it. some of its grind but its not that bad.

I personally feel the same way, I stopped part way through to build some things using actual instructions from sets I had as a kid and I thought it was cool how they give you some really specific parts to even be able to do that. Super fun sandbox mechanics.

It's definitely grindy that you have to wait certain amounts of time for certain resources to spawn so that you can collect so many of them, but there's plenty you can do in the meantime that'll really cut down on the total time to Plat. I explored the dungeons at the same time as I was collecting parts, visiting balloon merchants, and waiting for gold bricks to spawn. I'm not finished with the list but I'm not far off and I'm not concerned about being able to do it.

I think I've played several games now where the same issue is occurring: trophy hunters just tend to have incredibly low attention spans. Not trying to judge, but my rarest trophies come from a game that I played casually — 30 minutes a day, over the course of a year and a half — and the unlock requirements are insanely easy to obtain but require commitment. They didn't require any skill on my part, relative to some of the hardest games I've done, so it's not an ability-barrier. Most people on here just want to boot up a game and pop 50 trophies in an hour. It's just all about what drives you to get trophies.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...