Some PS+ Classics will be getting trophies

On 11/17/2023 at 6:28 AM, ZanFear said:

I’m still waiting for MediEvil 2! A PS1 port with trophies AND a Remake.

Apparently, games with sequels and spin-offs show up in the catalog sooner or later. Happened with all Ape Escape games, Syphon Filter... We might get both Medievil 2 and Jet Moto/Rider 2 later, as well as Jumping Flash 2 as all these games were previously released on PS3. Still waiting for Rayman and Gex. Toy Story Racer would also be a lot of fun to complete the series.

• Like 2

Grandia’s PSN page is up and it’s being published by Game ARTS (the IP holder of course), so this lessens the chances of it getting a trophy list. Still hoping I’m proven wrong though.

You can find the page by PSN Store > Collections > Scroll down to Games to Wishlist.

Edited by ZodiacWolve

On 11/20/2023 at 3:22 AM, ZodiacWolve said:

Grandia’s PSN page is up and it’s being published by Game ARTS (the IP holder of course), so this lessens the chances of it getting a trophy list. Still hoping I’m proven wrong though.

You can find the page by PSN Store > Collections > Scroll down to Games to Wishlist.

Was looking for this, hope Grandia have a trophy list, and that eventually we get Grandia II like Switch did 🤞

29 minutes ago, TheSwordUserYT said:

A shame that Grandia doesn't have a trophy list.
Without a trophy list, this release isn't really any different than just playing on emulator on any platform of your liking. That, or just getting HD re-release on Steam (which does come with achievements) or Switch.
The only thing this release has going for it, is that if you bought it during PS3 days, you get to download it for free on PS4 and PS5 (which is a nice, pro-consumer policy, please keep it up).

And yes, I know some people will say "this is a good game and you should enjoy it regardless of trophies", but this is trophy system centered community, and myself I don't have as much time to play games as when I was a kid. Embarking on 60-80 hour journey and no platinum for it? C'mon...

100% agree.

This is an extremely low bar if we are being honest. And yet they couldn't give two f***s... #ForThePlayers :D

Edited by Cashaddi

Didn’t contact Game Arts since they only take a call or mail (no email… and mail address in Tokyo) and I was lazy to do either. So I ended up contacting GungHo instead via email and they responded by saying that they passed forward what I said to the relevant people but that nothing can be promised if achievements will be added.

Anyways it was worth the shot and fingers crossed that achievements are added.

• Like 3

Valkyrie profile also wasn't available on premium as so far its the only ps1/psp game using this emulator that you actually have to buy rather then it being given on plus. Which means trophies may not be required for games on premium but are for ones exclusively being sold outright like Valkyrie profile. That makes me wonder if the publishers providing games are waiting for the games to get removed from premium before adding trophies as they know trophy hunters will likely pay for them and if they add trophies now that would mean a lost sale once the games do leave the service as most of us will probably jump on tekken 2 or toy story 2 as soon as a patch drops.

2 hours ago, Cashaddi said:

Do you think anybody has contacted Capcom yet? Worth a shot? Would be great if the OG Resident Evils got trophies and region switching. 

Went ahead and contacted Capcom’s customer support. Would really appreciate it if other members on this site also contacted them to really show them that there really is a interest from people about achievements being patched into Resident Evil: Director’s Cut.

Since Capcom is a huge publisher, I don’t really see them taking the time to add achievements unless there were more people contacting them. Anyways fingers crossed again!

Edit: Submit a request here to Capcom.

Edit 2: Here’s a link to GungHo’s customer support regarding Grandia.

Edited by ZodiacWolve
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Gold-St said:

Valkyrie Profile Lenneth had trophies. But it was a PSP rom. 😕

As has been discussed in length before, this release isn’t relevant as it’s separate from the classics catalogue. Yes, it used utilised the emulator but it was specifically to be released along with Valkyrie Elysium as a bonus (which was also sold separately). 

So the fact remains, Sony have been the only ones putting trophies in their classics. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cashaddi said:

@ZodiacWolve

Nice, I was about to suggest the same. Was a bit tricky to find the appropriate request form on Capcom's website. Maybe some emails to Sony would be a good idea, too?

Honestly I don’t think Sony will be of help especially if the games aren’t first party. You could try, but I wouldn’t hold my breath and would only just contact the publishers/developers of the third party games that don’t have achievements.

Edited by ZodiacWolve

Yeah, i second that we keep pestering these publishers about possibly adding trophy support because even if we dont succeed in convincing publishers to give these classics trophies. It would be nice to get some insight into why there has yet to be a single third party classic to get trophies because i find it weird that not a single one of these publishers requested trophies to be added after a year and a half into this program. I can understand in the beginning when the program was new as even sony titles were getting left cold because they were still ironing out the kinks but youd think there would at least be one non sony publisher by now willing to make trophies a priority(maybe square but they have yet to add any games to the program aside from borrowing the emulator for Valkyrie profile lenneth as a Valkyrie Elysium bonus thats also sold separately. Well see what happens if parasite eve or threads of fate ends or another square game not popular enough for a chrono cross like remaster ends up coming)
  • Like 3