New Game+ DLC

3 new dlc trophies added to the trophy list.

Completed New Game+
Completed a New Game+ playthrough on any difficulty.

Completed Ultra Hard
Completed a new or New Game+ playthrough on Ultra Hard difficulty.    

Obtained All New Game+ Rewards
Obtained all New Game+ weapons, dyes, and face paints.

There are majority of useful links of best weapons and armor set outfits. 

I hope they should work fine for ultra hard :)

• 2 weeks later...

This DLC came out while I was playing this game and another game and I was trying to do every side quests, errands and etc. But I wasn't playing this game much. Now it seems to be not useful doing other stuffs. :( 

But now, for 100% completion the best way seems to be;

1: new game; just completing main quests on any difficulty without doing other stuff much.

2: new game +; try to do everything and get the 125 tokens on any difficulty or maybe on ultra hard if you are a good player, and get the legendary weapons and outfits etc and upgrading them :)

3 (optional): new game +; completing the main quest story line on ultra hard.

Edited by thesahinonur

• 5 months later...

Question for anyone that has completed the Ultra Hard playthrough trophy. Do you have to legit playthrough the entire game on ultra hard, or can just play on easy most of the time, then right before the final boss fight, change it back to Ultra Hard to end the story and still unlock the trophy?

On 8-12-2022 at 4:18 AM, deldoomgun said:

Question for anyone that has completed the Ultra Hard playthrough trophy. Do you have to legit playthrough the entire game on ultra hard, or can just play on easy most of the time, then right before the final boss fight, change it back to Ultra Hard to end the story and still unlock the trophy?

Once you have completed your New Game+ Ultra Hard playthrough, you are unfortunately unable to drop the difficulty.

On 12/9/2022 at 9:14 PM, amnesty15 said:

Once you have completed your New Game+ Ultra Hard playthrough, you are unfortunately unable to drop the difficulty.

You mean once you started an Ultra Hard playthrough, you are forever stuck in Ultra hard, unless you finish that particular playthorugh and then transition into another subsequent playthrough, in order to switch to other difficulty settings?

• 4 weeks later...
On 13/12/2022 at 6:30 AM, deldoomgun said:

You mean once you started an Ultra Hard playthrough, you are forever stuck in Ultra hard, unless you finish that particular playthorugh and then transition into another subsequent playthrough, in order to switch to other difficulty settings?

Sorry for the late reply - if you start NG+ on Ultra Hard, you can't lower it. However, you still have access to your regular game (the not NG+, so to speak).

I'm 75% sure you can 'restart' NG+ on a lower difficulty from there, but don't quote me on that

On 1/11/2023 at 7:35 AM, amnesty15 said:

Sorry for the late reply - if you start NG+ on Ultra Hard, you can't lower it. However, you still have access to your regular game (the not NG+, so to speak).

I'm 75% sure you can 'restart' NG+ on a lower difficulty from there, but don't quote me on that

Thanks I've completed the game to 100%, all trophies unlocked already. It is true that from NG+ and on wards, the moment you select Ultra Hard you cannot switch the difficulty again for that entire playthrough. The only way to change difficulty setting to anything but ultra hard, is to start another subsequent playthrough. So NG++.

On 11/1/2023 at 10:32 PM, deldoomgun said:

Thanks I've completed the game to 100%, all trophies unlocked already. It is true that from NG+ and on wards, the moment you select Ultra Hard you cannot switch the difficulty again for that entire playthrough. The only way to change difficulty setting to anything but ultra hard, is to start another subsequent playthrough. So NG++.

Hi, what kind of weapon and equipment did you use in the ultra difficult difficulty ? 

• 2 months later...
On 16/06/2022 at 9:04 PM, thesahinonur said:

But now, for 100% completion the best way seems to be;

1: new game; just completing main quests on any difficulty without doing other stuff much.

2: new game +; try to do everything and get the 125 tokens on any difficulty or maybe on ultra hard if you are a good player, and get the legendary weapons and outfits etc and upgrading them :)

3 (optional): new game +; completing the main quest story line on ultra hard.

This is from a while back, can anyone confirm if this Is the best way to 100%? I thought unlocks carry over, so wouldnt it be best to unlock everything on the first playthrough on an easier mode, then start NG+ on ultra hard with all the good stuff, to get 100% in 2 playthroughs?

21 minutes ago, JediKnight_327 said:

This is from a while back, can anyone confirm if this Is the best way to 100%? I thought unlocks carry over, so wouldnt it be best to unlock everything on the first playthrough on an easier mode, then start NG+ on ultra hard with all the good stuff, to get 100% in 2 playthroughs?

That way isn't possible. You can't unlock everything on a first playthrough as the tokens and the better weapons you buy with them are only available on NG+. To do it in 2 playthroughs you're either doing almost everything again on ultra hard to get enough tokens to buy everything as you go or you are attempting to get to the end without the good stuff and then dropping the difficulty after the final boss and rounding up the tokens then. If that's even possible, I can't remember. Ultra hard is harder on this than the first game as well.

Burning shores might change all that of course but for now yes 3 playthroughs is the way to go unless you are exceptional at the game 

• Like 1

I haven't started this game yet - been sitting on my console - 'cause the bs NG+ again put me off.  I actually liked it in the first game though as you could skip all cut scenes on your second NG+ Ultra playthrough and we had armour to make it real manageable, but they seemed to have made the sequel more annoying to complete - 3 playthroughs you say? And do we not have anything like the Shield-Weaver armour to help out?

The Platinum and 100% in the first game was really enjoyable; hopefully the new DLC makes things more interesting in the sequel.

Edited by J-S_93

On 09.04.2023 at 9:42 PM, J-S_93 said:

I haven't started this game yet - been sitting on my console - 'cause the bs NG+ again put me off.  I actually liked it in the first game though as you could skip all cut scenes on your second NG+ Ultra playthrough and we had armour to make it real manageable, but they seemed to have made the sequel more annoying to complete - 3 playthroughs you say? And do we not have anything like the Shelled-Weaver armour to help out?

The Platinum and 100% in the first game was really enjoyable; hopefully the new DLC makes things more interesting in the sequel.

Hello there!

1. For 100% completion you need 2 full playthroughs (NG and NG+). NG+ is better to combine with Ultra hard difficulty, obviously. Third playthrough is not necessary unless you want to get tokens in easier way, for which you can start another NG+ on Story difficulty and just run through the first half of the game. Those tokens are NG+ exclusive, so you can't earn them on your first playthrough.

2. There's nothing like Shield Armour from Zero Dawn in sequel, but it's really not a big deal. This time we're allowed to get outfit upgrades, which is fairly enough to enjoy the game on harder difficulties.

3. The upcoming "Burning Shores" DLC is PS5 exclusive. Just keep it in mind if you're still choosing which console you gonna use for HFW.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, LazyJournalist said:

Hello there!

1. For 100% completion you need 2 full playthroughs (NG and NG+). NG+ is better to combine with Ultra hard difficulty, obviously. Third playthrough is not necessary unless you want to get tokens in easier way, for which you can start another NG+ on Story difficulty and just run through the first half of the game. Those tokens are NG+ exclusive, so you can't earn them on your first playthrough.

2. There's nothing like Shield Armour from Zero Dawn in sequel, but it's really not a big deal. This time we're allowed to get outfit upgrades, which is fairly enough to enjoy the game on harder difficulties.

3. The upcoming "Burning Shores" DLC is PS5 exclusive. Just keep it in mind if you're still choosing which console you gonna use for HFW.

Appreciate all of the info!

Very disappointing to hear about the DLC exclusivity for PS5 as this happened with: Terminator - Annihilation Line DLC too.  I own PS4 and PS5, but mainly play on PS4 and enjoy its much better interface, UI+UX and I like playing PS4 versions of games first; unless the PS5 version was the only version I got like PS+ Maquette for example.  Then I can play the game again at a much later date again if I feel like it and then start the PS5 version from scratch.

Kinda torn on which version to start now...  I'll probably do PS4 - then when the LDC is really cheap on PS5, if I feel like starting the game again in future, I'll play DLC then...

• Like 1

9 hours ago, J-S_93 said:

Appreciate all of the info!

Very disappointing to hear about the DLC exclusivity for PS5 as this happened with: Terminator - Annihilation Line DLC too.  I own PS4 and PS5, but mainly play on PS4 and enjoy its much better interface, UI+UX and I like playing PS4 versions of games first; unless the PS5 version was the only version I got like PS+ Maquette for example.  Then I can play the game again at a much later date again if I feel like it and then start the PS5 version from scratch.

Kinda torn on which version to start now...  I'll probably do PS4 - then when the LDC is really cheap on PS5, if I feel like starting the game again in future, I'll play DLC then...

As far as i know, you can easily transfer your saves from PS4 to PS5. This will make things easier, cause you'll be able to continue your journey on PS5 from the point where you left it off on PS4. 

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

I did a UH run on NG+ and finished it relatively easily without the DLC. 2 things with noting:

*I used mostly death seekers shadow and  ancestors return fully upgraded. Sun scourge bow with no upgrades as a way to inflict elemental damage. I bought Irivs downfall and brawl breaker with the champion tokens and didn’t upgrade either, just put on good coils. 

*I thought the game was pretty simple if you play conservative and hit your shots. Gemini was really hard, the slaughterspine at the end killed me mulitple times. The final level was easy, mostly ran by the machines, killed the human guy quickly, but the boss was really tough. Took me about an hour and a half to beat her (slaughterspine too).

I would have upgraded a really good ropecaster before starting NG+ to make both those boss fights easier. There are some good strategies on YouTube for DPS and specific strategies for bosses. Give it a shot and you will grow as a player as you move through the game.

On 1/6/2024 at 12:35 AM, Oaktown253 said:

I did a UH run on NG+ and finished it relatively easily without the DLC. 2 things with noting:

*I used mostly death seekers shadow and  ancestors return fully upgraded. Sun scourge bow with no upgrades as a way to inflict elemental damage. I bought Irivs downfall and brawl breaker with the champion tokens and didn’t upgrade either, just put on good coils. 

*I thought the game was pretty simple if you play conservative and hit your shots. Gemini was really hard, the slaughterspine at the end killed me mulitple times. The final level was easy, mostly ran by the machines, killed the human guy quickly, but the boss was really tough. Took me about an hour and a half to beat her (slaughterspine too).

I would have upgraded a really good ropecaster before starting NG+ to make both those boss fights easier. There are some good strategies on YouTube for DPS and specific strategies for bosses. Give it a shot and you will grow as a player as you move through the game.

What if you go for the plat and max character before NG+ UH? 

10 minutes ago, LocoCogo917 said:

This is what I did, and hitting the level cap before Ultra Hard is a little bit helpful, but takes a lot longer in total. You can do all the side content in your first New Game and get the platinum, but then getting all of the NG+ rewards requires either doing a lot of the side-content again on Ultra Hard, or starting up a third playthrough and continuing to grind out the tokens.

Instead of maxing your levels, I think upgrading your gear makes a much bigger difference to your survivability. You can use the Arena duplication glitch to copy all of your relevant upgrade materials in NG, then go into NG+ without any need to go hunting for parts, and you can max out new gear as soon as you get it.

• 1 month later...
On 1/12/2024 at 11:23 AM, LocoCogo917 said:

I had the plat and max character. I didn’t use the arena duplication glitch, just grinded materials. The experience you get from playing through the content and grinding more difficult monsters helps build skill to make UH easier.

Worth noting. I upgraded to PS5 and my UH NG+ trophy didn’t carry over to the PS5 trophy list so I did a second UH run that was even easier. In addition to my prior upgrades I would upgrade the Sun scourge (although I only gave it 1 upgrade) and a bolt blaster (not the NG+ one, the story one) and spec them Sun scourge with frost coils and the boltcaster with damage/reload coils. You can take care of the 2 bosses I discussed above in 5 min. The Gemini slaughterspine I was trying to show my son my strategy to deal damage and beat it on my second try not even trying….super easy! Watch videos for instructions about how to max the damage…it’s amazing!!!!

Edited by Oaktown253