Activision Confirm Sledgehammer As 2014 COD Developer And 3 Year Development Cycle

AlecMcOne

Source is live Activision conference call:
http://www.media-ser...om/m/p/w34esnur

Five years ago, we started on the most exciting journey of our careers. Sledgehammer Games was built around a singular goal – to create world-class interactive entertainment that entertains millions of fans around the world. We have a passion for creating games and a team dedicated to achieving excellence in everything that we do.
Having the honor of developing the new, next generation of Call of Duty is a developer’s dream come true. All of us here at Sledgehammer Games have a shared vision to create the best work of our lives. The next Call of Duty represents a new era for this amazing franchise, and we look forward to sharing what we have been working on.
Today is just the beginning, there is so much more to come!
+ + +
Glen Schofield & Michael Condrey
Founders of Sledgehammer Games

Thoughts ?

Eh, I don't know what to say. MW3 was by far the worst in MW franchise..I'll give it a shot anyway.

I liked it. If i was a betting man i'd bet MW4 will be the next one but we'll see. Out of the 3 developers IW are my favorite so it'll be a bit of a shitter waiting 3 years for there next game but at least it won't be rushed.

Edited by AlecMcOne

Outside of the thread title, which portion details the "3 Year Development Cycle"? All I got out of this was that Sledgehammer is making the next game, and that's not exactly surprising.

Oh, and that they're very excited to show off what they've been working on -- which happens every year.

Outside of the thread title, which portion details the "3 Year Development Cycle"? All I got out of this was that Sledgehammer is making the next game, and that's not exactly surprising.

Oh, and that they're very excited to show off what they've been working on -- which happens every year.

I know i didn't put it in the thread but Sledgehammer have mentioned it on Twitter.

It's because of all the little kids who beg their parents to buy it for them. :(

If there was a year where CoD, skylanders and every sports game didn't come out that year, then maybe people would pay attention other games out there.

The CoD community is also one of the most impolite and brainless game communities I've ever met. I know there are some on here who happen to like CoD to. I've played several of them myself. Like I said, It's not a bad game. It just seems to be one of few hardcore games that casual gamers know about since it releases every year. So many don't even know the existence of games like Rayman Legends or even Telltale's The Walking Dead.

If there was a year where CoD, skylanders and every sports game didn't come out that year, then maybe people would pay attention other games out there.

The CoD community is also one of the most impolite and brainless game communities I've ever met. I know there are some on here who happen to like CoD to. I've played several of them myself. Like I said, It's not a bad game. It just seems to be one of few hardcore games that casual gamers know about since it releases every year. So many don't even know the existence of games like Rayman Legends or even Telltale's The Walking Dead.

I called Sony today to ask if they knew what was happening with the Resistance 2 servers (they have been down all day). The girl responded "we only get informed about big titles like Call of Duty servers being down. Who published Resistance?"

I responded with "you guys did, it is a First Party Sony game"

She responded with "Oh, well I don't know then"

So yeah even Sony doesn't know about other games (even ones they make :angry: )

• Like 2

Good lord, let this franchise die already! They are milking this game bloody dry. I swear, developers are so afraid of trying new ideas these days, instead they milk their franchise to death.

They're not putting an end to the series; they're just adding another team to the Infinity Ward/Treyarch tag team. Instead of two developers mainlining and exchanging, we'll have three developers mainlining.

We'll still be getting a title release every year, but this time around it'll look something like this:

2014 - Sledgehammer

2015 - Infinity Ward

2016 - Treyarch

2017 - Sledgehammer

2018 - Infinity Ward

2019 - Treyarch

... etc

They're not putting an end to the series; they're just adding another team to the Infinity Ward/Treyarch tag team. Instead of two developers mainlining and exchanging, we'll have three developers mainlining.

We'll still be getting a title release every year, but this time around it'll look something like this:

2014 - Sledgehammer

2015 - Infinity Ward

2016 - Treyarch

2017 - Sledgehammer

2018 - Infinity Ward

2019 - Treyarch

... etc

I'm aware of that. I just said that this franchise needs to die already, in my opinion.

Nothing, absolutely nothing irritates me more than people who complain about those games and then proceed to buy the next like buffoons. MW3 was terrible, from there on I stopped buying them. That's what people should do if they're not big on the series, stop filling their pockets and they'll reconsider. Heck, that happened this year with Ghosts failing estimations in both critical and commercial sides.