Trophy thoughts & some advice

14 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

I was not expecting an actual trophy list. Bravo Capcom, you're giving the retro gaming fans who like trophies something to cheer about.

considering how the street fighter anniversary had only a few trophies.... this is a huge step up. I'm excited.

unsure who owns the rights, id like an xmen legends arcade collection, or Marvel Ultimate Alliance trilogy. 

or just the damn xmen arcade game. 

I remember importing Vampire Savior and a 4 MB RAM cart back in the day for Saturn. Not into 2D fighters as much anymore but I'll pick this up on sale especially since there are no online trophies.  

Edited by Killbomb
  • Like 1

Trophy list sold me on getting this for PS4 and not just the Switch.  Expected the usual awful Capcom fighter list, with win so many ranked matches in a row and other insane requirements.  Glad they made it reletively. I like to beat fighters with every character so it shouldn't be too bad other than maybe the puzzle fighter game.

Used to love the Darkstalker fighting games back on Sega Saturn.  Definitely looking forward to this once I finish up my last two trophies on Shredder's Revenge.  

23 hours ago, Infected Elite said:

considering how the street fighter anniversary had only a few trophies.... this is a huge step up. I'm excited.

unsure who owns the rights, id like an xmen legends arcade collection, or Marvel Ultimate Alliance trilogy. 

or just the damn xmen arcade game. 

I would die for an X-Men Children of the Atom/Marvel Super Heroes fighter collection as long as the trophy list was essentially offline like this is.  Beating Magneto in X-Men: CotA at 8* without losing a match as Wolverine was insanely satisfying.  Probably the best I'd ever been at a fighter back in the day.  I wonder if I could still remember my combos for him.

Edited by Snake2410
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Vergil said:

Well someone got platinum already 

No surprise.  Really seems like an easy platinum and if the save states are true you can save state at the last fight and die/swap like others have said to speed up the every character from every game trophy.

Edited by Snake2410

I reviewed the game and wanted to try and get the platinum which I ended up doing. Thought I'd share some tips:

Losing at the last fight in each game will make you start at the beginning again, however, when it comes to Red Earth/ Warzard  you have specific conditions for the different endings, including having to use a specific amount of continues which can get tedious, using the above approach made it more bearable.   

In the settings, you can also change the round limit to 1, lower the difficulty and even speed (in some instances) of the rounds which also cuts back the time significantly. 

Finally, one thing I only noticed after the fact, you can remap a button to quickly proc entire moves that are character specific, which should make getting move relevant trophies a joke.

The collection does a good job in tracking which characters you've already finished the game with, which can be accessed from the main menu /awards challenges area.  Finally, some secret characters and strange variants count towards the "beat the game with everyone" trophy so make sure you do that. (annoying for the darkstalker games as a lot them feel like literal reskins as far alternate characters go)

overall its probably one of the easiest plats but also very tedious. I think it took me around 25 hours. 

Hope this helps some people!

Edited by InternetNomad
  • Like 3

50 minutes ago, DEMON said:

Anyone know how to select the secret characters in Puzzle Fighter? I have it set to Easy Select but have no idea what that even means, would have figured they would have been in the selection screen.

Select Morrigan, Donavan & Hsien-Ko/Lei Lei, press down to select Devilot, Dan & Akuma/Gouki.

U may check the Fighter Awards > Toggle Player Progress Page to reveal how to select those secret character with normal or easy way.

Also for trophy hunter, the quick save method is really work on speed up Collection Completionist trophy.

However, the quick save feature only capable to make 1 game savedata per once. You can't make a quick save in different game, it will overwrite the previous quick savedata. ?

Edited by Neo_Tachihoma
  • Like 1

For people who are struggling to face Akuma in Hyper Street Fighter II, the Turbo way of doing things still works, so you can hook up another controller, as soon as you see what character you are matched with, press start on controller 2 and pick the same character as the CPU has, this will give you the 4 Perfects and no continues easily, but make sure not to use this technique once you reach Sagat, just use Quick Save to ensure you defeat him with no continues used.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Neo_Tachihoma said:

Select Morrigan, Donavan & Hsien-Ko/Lei Lei, press down to select Devilot, Dan & Akuma/Gouki.

U may check the Fighter Awards > Toggle Player Progress Page to reveal how to select those secret character with normal or easy way.

Also for trophy hunter, the quick save method is really work on speed up Collection Completionist trophy.

However, the quick save feature only capable to make 1 game savedata per once. You can't make a quick save in different game, it will overwrite the previous quick savedata. ?

Do you know how to pick the secret characters in the darkstalker games and how to do 1000 damage in training mode? Kinda stuck on those!?

On 22/06/2022 at 3:15 AM, visighost said:

(Though in this case, it's actually a useful post! My pet peeve is people simply asking "trophy thoughts?" without offering their own, or a trailer of the game, or SOMETHING.)

You see that's the crazy thing!!

What I posted is indeed true, and what you say is also true.

I'm very appreciative of the (currently 11) upvotes....

.....however

I realise now this comment of mine, I meant it to post it somewhere else, not here. LOL

9 hours ago, Xugoshi said:

Do you know how to pick the secret characters in the darkstalker games and how to do 1000 damage in training mode? Kinda stuck on those!?

To select secret character, refer Fighter Awards > Toggle Player Progress Page, select those character icon with ???, majority those are secret character then press X to reveal the way to select him/her.

For 1000 damage, i play Pocket Fighter/Super Gem Fighter Minimix, use Ibuki to achieve it in training mode. All you have to do is charge your 3 bar to level 3 then do some easy combo > super. Pretty easy to obtain this trophy. ?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Xugoshi said:

Ok, so I just found out how to do it LOL! 

I thought for the training trophy you had to deal a 1000 damage in a single attack, turns out it's the accumulative damage that matters here. Simply keep hitting your opponent in training mode and the trophy will pop!

As for the Marionette trophy simply highlight the random slot (question mark) on the character select screen, press the start button 7 times and then any attack/kick button. Note that you need to finish at least one match in order to unlock the trophy.

In Red Earth when the credits roll you can use Mobi-chan and shoot down the credits by moving with the left stick. Note that instead of rapidly tapping the triangle button to attack, it's better to hold in triangle for a charge up attack which makes shooting down more than 50% of the credits a cake walk! Red Earth also features multiple endings so in case you thought you did all of them by playing through once with all characters then unfortunately that's not enough. Fortunately though, here's a guide on how to get all of them:  https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/arcade/564207-red-earth/cheats

Another fairly obscure one is found in Super Gem Fighters where you need to execute an "around the world" counter. It's a bit difficult to explain and you might get it by accident, but in case you don't here's a description on how to achieve it: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/583736-pocket-fighter/68990200

It is easiest to obtain using two controllers however do note that whichever method you choose you can't obtain it through training mode!

Hope these tips help out some of y'all, I'll see if I come across anything else! :D 

1 hour ago, Xugoshi said:

Ok, so I just found out how to do it LOL! 

I thought for the training trophy you had to deal a 1000 damage in a single attack, turns out it's the accumulative damage that matters here. Simply keep hitting your opponent in training mode and the trophy will pop!

As for the Marionette trophy simply highlight the random slot (question mark) on the character select screen, press the start button 7 times and then any attack/kick button. Note that you need to finish at least one match in order to unlock the trophy.

In Red Earth when the credits roll you can use Mobi-chan and shoot down the credits by moving with the left stick. Note that instead of rapidly tapping the triangle button to attack, it's better to hold in triangle for a charge up attack which makes shooting down more than 50% of the credits a cake walk! Red Earth also features multiple endings so in case you thought you did all of them by playing through once with all characters then unfortunately that's not enough. Fortunately though, here's a guide on how to get all of them:  https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/arcade/564207-red-earth/cheats

Another fairly obscure one is found in Super Gem Fighters where you need to execute an "around the world" counter. It's a bit difficult to explain and you might get it by accident, but in case you don't here's a description on how to achieve it: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/583736-pocket-fighter/68990200

It is easiest to obtain using two controllers however do note that whichever method you choose you can't obtain it through training mode!

Hope these tips help out some of y'all, I'll see if I come across anything else! :D 

I'm still confuse about the around the world trophy, mind to explain how to trigger it? ?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Neo_Tachihoma said:

I'm still confuse about the around the world trophy, mind to explain how to trigger it? 1f605.png

I'll do my best! Basically what I did was to repeatedly dash twice then press square at the same time my opponent attacks. If successful your opponent will fly all over the screen. In order for this trophy to trigger you need to do this the moment they get dizzy as well which will show a sequence where your opponent literally flies around the globe and back on screen. So to sum it up, hit your opponent a few times then dash twice (which you do by tapping the directional button left or right depending on where you're facing) and press square the same time the moment your opponent throws a punch. It is best to do this with a second controller so you can control everything but as I stated before, it CAN'T be done in training mode so be aware! Hope it helps my guy, get back to me if it works out for you! :D 

Edited by Xugoshi
Misspelling

20 minutes ago, Xugoshi said:

I'll do my best! Basically what I did was to repeatedly dash twice then press square at the same time my opponent attacks. If successful your opponent will fly all over the screen. In order for this trophy to trigger you need to do this the moment they get dizzy as well which will show a sequence where your opponent literally flies around the globe and back on screen. So to sum it up, hit your opponent a few times then dash twice (which you do by tapping the directional button left or right depending on where you're facing) and press square the same time the moment your opponent throws a punch. It is best to do this with a second controller so you can control everything but as I stated before, it CAN'T be done in training mode so be aware! hope it helps my guy, get back to me if it works out for you! :D 

Just obtained it a minute ago before notice your tip. ?

Anyway, thanks for your reply.

Also to add on some easy way for other to obtain it. You don't really need to utilize second controller, basically just set the damage & time to LOW,  Star(Difficulty) to 0, then select Hsien-ko/Lei-lei, keep spam her dash, dash + square, 4 times in row your opponent confirmed will be dizzy. You just have to wait until you are lucky enough in that moment trigger the flies around the globe scene as per mentioned by Xugoshi, and boom.......trophy unlocked. ?

Took me 2 times for (dash, dash + square x4) to unlock this trophy. ?

Edited by Neo_Tachihoma
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Neo_Tachihoma said:

Just obtained it a minute ago before notice your tip. ?

Anyway, thanks for reply.

Also to add on some easy way for other to obtain it. You don't really need to utilize second controller, basically just set the damage & time to LOW,  Star(Difficulty) to 0, then select Hsien-ko/Lei-lei, keep spam her dash, dash + square, 4 time in row your opponent confirmed will be dizzy. You just have to wait until you are lucky enough in that moment trigger the flies around the globe scene as per mentioned by Xugoshi, and boom.......trophy unlocked. 1f606.png

Took me 2 times for dash, dash + square x4 to unlock this trophy. 1f60a.png

Nice dude and glad to be of help! :D 

4 minutes ago, Infected Elite said:

curious how you get the 1000000 points, easiest methods?

I recommend Pocket Fighter for this one. Put it on the lowest level and go ham on the CPU! Set to two rounds for safety and try to finish each round with a super finisher.

1 minute ago, Sendai-Horatio said:

So there are zero online trophies for this collection? I can finally add a Darkstalkers game to my cabinet that doesn't require insane training modes and online match ups?

Pretty much, yeah! :D 

52 minutes ago, Xugoshi said:

I recommend Pocket Fighter for this one. Put it on the lowest level and go ham on the CPU! Set to two rounds for safety and try to finish each round with a super finisher

Thats exactly how i got it haha. Thanks! 

Trying to figure out the around the world thing in that one though. Any help?

Edited by Infected Elite
  • Like 1