Delisting on the 6th of August, 2022 (digitally)

turniplord

The Japanese devs announced this a few days ago, but NIS America just confirmed the Western digital version is also being delisted in August:

The game is still out there in physical form, but this is your last chance to pick it up digitally. Or, if you want to play the 'best' version of the game, pick up the newly released Metal Max Xeno Reborn (but don't expect to complete the story as the new sequel to it was cancelled one day before it was released in the West...)

This series isn't having much luck!

• Like 4

What is this game about? I'm not going to buy a game just because it's being delisted, but if it's an interesting game I might think about it.

34 minutes ago, kevao97 said:

What is this game about? I'm not going to buy a game just because it's being delisted, but if it's an interesting game I might think about it.

Turn-based JRPG with some tactical mechanics; but instead of characters, everything is about tanks. So, you basically play with those and for a few reviews, the game is good and can give you a quite fun times, but in occasions will feel lackluster and plain without much deep to dig into. I'll buy because, well... Says "xeno" on it and I like RPGs, LMAO. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, BeautifulTorment said:

Damn it looks pretty cool but I can't get over that awful price point... 55+ tax in Canada.. nope..

I'm in Canada as well, and if you want the game cheap check Walmart Bargain racks. It was put on the deals there a while ago ($20 sticker deal). Some stores probably still have it there depending on availability.

• Like 1

Already have the game physically so not much of a concern to myself personally, but having less options to buy a game is never a good thing, and I'm sure this will likely drive up the price for the physical. I suppose it isn't too surprising given Reborn is out now, but original versions of games have co-existed alongside their newer editions plenty beforehand (like Persona 5 and Persona 5 Royal). I guess they likely just want people to buy the newer, likely more expensive version (I'm not sure how much either game is digitally, but I assume Reborn is pricier anyway).

Shame this series has always kind of gotten the shaft in the West, and even in Japan now it seems. The sequel being cancelled literally a day before Reborn released here really stings. Wonder if they'll end up cancelling that new Metal Saga game as well. It feels like the series is one foot in the grave at this point.

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/6/2022 at 1:03 AM, ChocoDoc1 said:

Im keeping my hopes up will just wait for this to be on sale next month

And your faith paid off, buddy! The game is on sale right now, so if anyone is still interested, this is the moment. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
20 hours ago, LordBilbanes said:

I think it's a shame this game was cancelled.  It's not a great game by any means, but it is a solid one.  I had fun playing it and think it's a shame the franchise is essentially dead.

Technically, it's not dead. The IP has been bought by another company so they may revive the sequel which was deep into production as well as create more games in the franchise going forward (why else would they buy the IP?)

The company that bought the IP makes gacha games, so insofar as I am concerned, the franchise is dead.  Do note that I don't consider gacha games as games, but malware designed to exploit the psychological and emotional vulnerabilities of people in order to manipulate them in spending money on what are essentially virtual gambling machines.

10 hours ago, LordBilbanes said:

The company that bought the IP makes gacha games, so insofar as I am concerned, the franchise is dead.  Do note that I don't consider gacha games as games, but malware designed to exploit the psychological and emotional vulnerabilities of people in order to manipulate them in spending money on what are essentially virtual gambling machines.

They've produced and developed other games: https://www.cygames.co.jp/en/works/consolegames/

Metal Max is in the same section as Granblue, Zone of the Ender's and the incredible looking Project Awakening. 

It's not listed as other or in the mobile section, so they're most likely picking up where the sequel was up to mid-development.