Servers Shutting down October 1st 2022

SNaKe_NaGoL

9 minutes ago, SlipingJimmy said:

So FC3 online for PS3 is shutting down and not FC2.. imagine that will be happening soon also.

They just got FC2 back up a few hours ago. I’d imagine if they were going to shut it down soon, they wouldn’t have bothered to spend months bringing it back up?

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/3/2022 at 11:40 AM, HuntingFever said:

There is offline co-op though so the servers closing won't have that much of an impact on the Plat, provided you're good at juggling controllers.

So is it like split screen/couch co op, or would I need a 2nd system

• 1 month later...

There is one trophy where online is required: Let the Trials Begin for beating any Trial of the Rakyat score.

This requires the online leaderboards, so I advise anyone who wants the plat for this to get this trophy now. You can get it right after the first outpost of the game.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, arcanehornet_ said:

There is one trophy where online is required: Let the Trials Begin for beating any Trial of the Rakyat score.

This requires the online leaderboards, so I advise anyone who wants the plat for this to get this trophy now. You can get it right after the first outpost of the game.

Are you sure? I see in the guide it says the scores are preset. Can anyone test this offline?

I finished the last of the co-op trophies earlier. Was surprised by how busy the servers were and I didn't have a problem finding randoms to fill the lobbies. I expected it to be a graveyard but there's a decent and helpful little community of people still playing which made completing the missions enjoyable.

I had to do the Sidetracked one twice as the trophy for it didn't pop first time but no issues other than that.

Can anyone comment on the difficulty spike between doing it with a real partner versus doing it solo juggling controllers? Are we talking a difference of 1/10 difficulty with a real partner vs. 10/10 difficulty solo juggling controllers or is it more like 1/10 vs. 5/10? Considering jumping on this before shutdown but theres so many other things to work on so not sure if this is even worth prioritizing

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TheRedMaverick said:

Can anyone comment on the difficulty spike between doing it with a real partner versus doing it solo juggling controllers? Are we talking a difference of 1/10 difficulty with a real partner vs. 10/10 difficulty solo juggling controllers or is it more like 1/10 vs. 5/10? Considering jumping on this before shutdown but there's so many other things to work on so not sure if this is even worth prioritizing

Solo is a 6/10 IMO, whereas having a real person to play with, drops it to a 3 or 4/10 so playing with at least 1 friend is preferable, even if you have to bus them in from out of town to play locally so you don't have to juggle 2 controllers. You can get everything done in an afternoon so won't take long at all if you co-ordinate things properly.

Edited by HuntingFever
Update.
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Solo is a 6/10 IMO, whereas having a real person to play with, drops it to a 3 or 4/10 so playing with at least 1 friend is preferable, even if you have to bus them in from out of town to play locally so you don't have to juggle 2 controllers. You can get everything done in an afternoon so won't take long at all if you co-ordinate things properly.

Thanks for the info! I might give this a try then before closure

5 hours ago, TheRedMaverick said:

Can anyone comment on the difficulty spike between doing it with a real partner versus doing it solo juggling controllers? Are we talking a difference of 1/10 difficulty with a real partner vs. 10/10 difficulty solo juggling controllers or is it more like 1/10 vs. 5/10? Considering jumping on this before shutdown but theres so many other things to work on so not sure if this is even worth prioriizing

I just did the first one juggling controllers at first and it is quite difficult,  however my wife (who doesn't have very much game experience and has zero hours of FPS gameplay) started helping me towards the end and we got it

On 7/15/2022 at 5:05 PM, HuntingFever said:

It's splitscreen so you have to juggle 2 controllers on the same console.

Thanks

• Like 1

20 hours ago, TheRedMaverick said:

Thanks for the info! I might give this a try then before closure

I wouldn't recommend it. Tried it solo on Casual difficulty, and it was a frustrating experience, where I can play on Hard or Insane with a couple other people no problem. I'm sure you could probably do it, but it's so much better/fun with other people.

Edited by EverythingOnFire
  • Like 1

On 25/08/2022 at 9:11 PM, arcanehornet_ said:

On 25/08/2022 at 9:21 PM, DEI2EK said:

Are you sure? I see in the guide it says the scores are preset. Can anyone test this offline?

Online access is not required for Let the Trials Begin. I've just tested it to make sure. The scores are already preset, and have nothing to do with the online leaderboards.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, EverythingOnFire said:

I wouldn't recommend it. Tried it solo on Casual difficulty, and it was a frustrating experience, where I can play on Hard or Insane with a couple other people no problem. I'm sure you could probably do it, but it's so much better/fun with other people.

57 minutes ago, JorgeSleep said:

Don't do "Coop" alone. I did the first level that way and it was pure pain. 1f480.png The rest of the missions I did with friends and the experience is totally different.

So I've done the first 3 missions solo. I can say that certain parts are a bit annoying but it wasn't as bad as I anticipated. The worst part so far for me where I had to retry about 2-3 times was the bridge in mission 2 (Sidetracked) and the car/engine fuel thing where you have to protect the engine in mission 3 (Overboard). It's pretty much what everyone said where the parts where one person has to carry a heavy item is the most difficult part of these missions, but yeah it's quite doable solo. I agree that this would most definitely be way easier (and probably more fun) with others.

• 1 month later...