PS+ EXTRA-vaganza [Closed]

On 8/19/2022 at 3:48 PM, Caquis_1 said:

Hello, I would also like to join, didn't see them on the games already recommended, but the ones I recommend are Saints Row IV: Re-Elected and Saints Row: Gat Out of Hell

Welcome! They've been added to the list.

Your first game is... SOMA!

11 hours ago, MICSAM89 said:

That's another game finished with the Detroit Become Human platinum. I like the first playthrough, but less for the second run through some of the changes to the story for taking a different path were pretty interesting. I think I prefer Heavy Rain, but thats more because I find hunting a serial killer more interesting than an android revolution.

I'm really for the next game

Congrats! That's 1 point for beating the game and 4 points for the rare plat! For a total of 5 points!

Your next game is... Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night!

10 hours ago, willythom88 said:

So I'm gonna be real.  I...do not like this game.  I think it looks ok, but the actual gameplay is super tedious and boring. I got  trophy for "getting my ass kicked while dancing", which was very accidental.  Am I good to get something else (I'll use a veto if needed)?

No worries. You tried it out, that's all you need to do to get something else.

Your next game is... Ghostrunner!

• Like 2

Bloodborne Completed, Platinum + 100% DLC.  Really liked this game a lot and can't believe I waited so long to get around to it. Probably my second favorite souls-type game I have played right behind Nioh.  My only complaint is that the chalice dungeons weren't fun after the first one and completely broke up the pacing of the game for me.

Ready for the next one!

On 8/11/2022 at 9:35 PM, ExHaseo said:

Welcome! They've been added to the list. There really is a lot to choose from, and even more being added each month. Very few have been getting taken away so far too, which is nice.

Your first game is... Ghost of Tsushima!

Ghost of Tsushima plat done and 4/5 DLCs, got the raids left and get all classes to rank 20, but I'll say myself done with the game for now ? Enjoyed the game, but the combat got a bit boring towards the end of the main game. So doing the Iki island was a nice change. Legends is quite fun, and I'll keep playing it here and there till I get the raids done.

Overall an easy platinum?

Ready for my next game!

Also for the recommendation change monthly I'll swap Prey for Trials of Mana, hope it's okey I mention it already. 100%'d it on pc on release, very enjoyable imho and I wouldn't mind playing it again if we can get our own recommended games? 

Finally finished God of War. Split it up into bits over the month.

Given up on the Vita version, have the PS3 games. Never really committed to finishing a God of War game.

Enjoyed it, will try Ragnarok when it eventually is a PS+ Essential Freebit or Extra Rental.

Assign me a game that I have already started next?

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night is finished no platinum through theres  lot of grinding involvedto get it. Turns out there's a lot of different endings and I got one of the bad ones, but that was just they way the game naturally progressed for me. Was still a fun game in a genre I wouldn't normally play.

I'll probably try and get a few more of the endings in between other games I'm playing to try and get the true good ending.

I'm ready for my next game.

On 8/29/2022 at 6:46 AM, WingBingDing said:

Bloodborne Completed, Platinum + 100% DLC.  Really liked this game a lot and can't believe I waited so long to get around to it. Probably my second favorite souls-type game I have played right behind Nioh.  My only complaint is that the chalice dungeons weren't fun after the first one and completely broke up the pacing of the game for me.

Ready for the next one!

Congrats! That gets you 1 point for beating the game, 2 points for the plat, and then 1 point for the DLC. For a total of 4 points!

I enjoyed what I played of both Nioh and Bloodborne. I like that they've got that souls difficulty, but they're fast paced. I still need to go back and finish both lol.

Your next game is... Call of Cthulhu!

On 8/30/2022 at 6:36 AM, TheZazuku said:

Ghost of Tsushima plat done and 4/5 DLCs, got the raids left and get all classes to rank 20, but I'll say myself done with the game for now 1f44d.png Enjoyed the game, but the combat got a bit boring towards the end of the main game. So doing the Iki island was a nice change. Legends is quite fun, and I'll keep playing it here and there till I get the raids done.

Overall an easy platinum1f642.png

Ready for my next game!

Also for the recommendation change monthly I'll swap Prey for Trials of Mana, hope it's okey I mention it already. 100%'d it on pc on release, very enjoyable imho and I wouldn't mind playing it again if we can get our own recommended games? 

Congrats! That's 1 point for beating the game, 2 points for the uncommon plat, and then 4 points for the DLC packs. For a total of 7 points!

Prey has been swapped out for Trials of Mana!

Your next game is... Tearaway Unfolded!

On 8/31/2022 at 6:58 PM, Kishnabe said:

Finally finished God of War. Split it up into bits over the month.

Given up on the Vita version, have the PS3 games. Never really committed to finishing a God of War game.

Enjoyed it, will try Ragnarok when it eventually is a PS+ Essential Freebit or Extra Rental.

Assign me a game that I have already started next?

Congrats! That's 1 point for beating the game and 2 points for the plat. For a total of 3 points!

It's completely random, so let's see what RNGesus has for you. It's... Final Fantasy VII!

17 hours ago, MICSAM89 said:

Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night is finished no platinum through theres  lot of grinding involvedto get it. Turns out there's a lot of different endings and I got one of the bad ones, but that was just they way the game naturally progressed for me. Was still a fun game in a genre I wouldn't normally play.

I'll probably try and get a few more of the endings in between other games I'm playing to try and get the true good ending.

I'm ready for my next game.

Congrats! That's 2 points for beating the game!

I didn't know there were multiple endings. If I get a chance to play it, I'll have to keep that in mind.

Your next game is... Valiant Hearts: The Great War!

• Like 3

7 hours ago, ExHaseo said:

Congrats! That's 1 point for beating the game, 2 points for the uncommon plat, and then 4 points for the DLC packs. For a total of 7 points!

Prey has been swapped out for Trials of Mana!

Your next game is... Tearaway Unfolded!

Oh, been curious about this one for years but never tried it. I'll probably start it next weekend as I'm currently chipping away at my fall challenge list ?

Call of Cthulhu beat and platinum.  Had a free day so knocked this one out in a couple sessions.  I thought it was okay; nothing special and pretty forgettable.  More of a narrative/walking simulator type game that I was expecting.  Platinum is easy, but I would definitely recommend following a guide as you play due to all the missables. On to the next one. 

Edited by WingBingDing
  • Like 1

On 9/3/2022 at 9:36 PM, WingBingDing said:

Call of Cthulhu beat and platinum.  Had a free day so knocked this one out in a couple sessions.  I thought it was okay; nothing special and pretty forgettable.  More of a narrative/walking simulator type game that I was expecting.  Platinum is easy, but I would definitely recommend following a guide as you play due to all the missables. On to the next one. 

Congrats! That's 1 point for beating the game and 2 points for the uncommon plat. For a total of 3 points!

Your next game is... Final Fantasy VII!

On 9/9/2022 at 9:31 PM, MICSAM89 said:

Another game completed not 100% though. Valiant Heart was a surprisingly good game. The art style was adorable, the puzzles were quite clever and the historical facts were interesting.

I'm ready for another game.

Your next game is... The Crew 2!

• Like 2

World of Final Fantasy has been finished and platinumed.

I enjoyed the game well enough. Not being a final fantasy fan a lot of the fan service was lost on me. But the monster designs and collecting were fun. Its battle mechanics were a mixed bag. The stacking was weird but fun once I understood it, but the time between actions is glacier slow. Thank god its got a fast forward option to speed it up. It was disappointing how linear the game was, just moving from dungeon to dungeon continuously with empty towns that serve no purpose other then to have cut scenes between them. But with the difficulty curve of the story being on the easier side this wasn't a huge problem as I was never stuck in one area too longer keeping the enemy encounters and visuals fresh. Dungeon design was also too linear though. A few did some interesting things, like the sliding puzzles in the ice dungeon, and the canons and water level on the docks. Ultimately these types of mechanics were under utilized though, and as the game progress the dungeons became more and more just linear hallways.

The side content was a fun way to expand on events and characters, but then at the end of the game to get the true ending you have to do it all anyways. So its not really side content and I wish it was incorporated into the story more instead of being a separate menu you use to start it. The coliseum fights were good, but since they offered no xp and the items you get for winning were not great I would not have finished them if I didn't have to for the plat.

The end game grind to get the plat is incredibly stupid by the way. You just have to level up almost every creature in the game for no reason. By the time I was done with all the xp granting content I still had to level up like 80 monsters out the 100 needed. And since you have nothing left to do you just grind against the same enemies over and over for another 10-15 hours. Definitely feels like I would have enjoyed the game more if I just stopped at the end of the story instead of going for the plat.

• Like 1

On 9/15/2022 at 5:43 AM, MrHealthy said:

World of Final Fantasy has been finished and platinumed.

I enjoyed the game well enough. Not being a final fantasy fan a lot of the fan service was lost on me. But the monster designs and collecting were fun. Its battle mechanics were a mixed bag. The stacking was weird but fun once I understood it, but the time between actions is glacier slow. Thank god its got a fast forward option to speed it up. It was disappointing how linear the game was, just moving from dungeon to dungeon continuously with empty towns that serve no purpose other then to have cut scenes between them. But with the difficulty curve of the story being on the easier side this wasn't a huge problem as I was never stuck in one area too longer keeping the enemy encounters and visuals fresh. Dungeon design was also too linear though. A few did some interesting things, like the sliding puzzles in the ice dungeon, and the canons and water level on the docks. Ultimately these types of mechanics were under utilized though, and as the game progress the dungeons became more and more just linear hallways.

The side content was a fun way to expand on events and characters, but then at the end of the game to get the true ending you have to do it all anyways. So its not really side content and I wish it was incorporated into the story more instead of being a separate menu you use to start it. The coliseum fights were good, but since they offered no xp and the items you get for winning were not great I would not have finished them if I didn't have to for the plat.

The end game grind to get the plat is incredibly stupid by the way. You just have to level up almost every creature in the game for no reason. By the time I was done with all the xp granting content I still had to level up like 80 monsters out the 100 needed. And since you have nothing left to do you just grind against the same enemies over and over for another 10-15 hours. Definitely feels like I would have enjoyed the game more if I just stopped at the end of the story instead of going for the plat.

Congrats! That's 1 point for beating the game and 4 points for the rare plat. For a total of 5 points!

The post game does get pretty rough towards the end. I'm glad you mostly enjoyed it though! It does seem to be a little lost on what it's trying to be, which is where I think the odd disparity of puzzles in some stuff and not others and the linearity come from. It's like they wanted it to be both a kid's game, but also a game that could appeal to long time fans of the series, and couldn't get the right balance. Hopefully next time you don't get something so intense.

Your next game is... Lost Words: Beyond the Page!

• Like 1

This seems like a really cool idea and an amazing way to find some golden games in the massive collection on PS Plus. 

I would like to join and I also have a PS5. 
My recommendations are 

1. Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age

One of my favourite Final Fantasy games by unpopular opinion and a game everyone should try though so parts are a bit of a grind it's still worth the platinum. 

2. Mortal Kombat 11 

The best fighting games out there in my opinion and actually not so difficult to complete. One that brought back many nostalgic moments for me 

• Like 2

On 9/21/2022 at 4:55 PM, Hitman_Spinksy1 said:

This seems like a really cool idea and an amazing way to find some golden games in the massive collection on PS Plus. 

I would like to join and I also have a PS5. 
My recommendations are 

1. Final Fantasy XII The Zodiac Age

One of my favourite Final Fantasy games by unpopular opinion and a game everyone should try though so parts are a bit of a grind it's still worth the platinum. 

2. Mortal Kombat 11 

The best fighting games out there in my opinion and actually not so difficult to complete. One that brought back many nostalgic moments for me 

Welcome! I'll update the thread this weekend.

Your first game is... Indivisible! Fair warning, this game has unobtainable DLC trophies. You can veto it for free if you'd like. It's a great game though, and I highly recommend giving it a shot. 

7 hours ago, ExHaseo said:

Welcome! I'll update the thread this weekend.

Your first game is... Indivisible! Fair warning, this game has unobtainable DLC trophies. You can veto it for free if you'd like. It's a great game though, and I highly recommend giving it a shot. 

I'll give it a shot. I have actually looked at the game and been interested in it for a while so this is the perfect opportunity. Seen as it's only 3 dlc trophies and I don't usually do dlc often it would be a shame to miss out on something that looks interesting 

• Like 1

On 9/14/2022 at 3:25 AM, ExHaseo said:

Your next game is... The Crew 2!

I would like to Veto The Crew 2.

I've started playing it, but the driving is terrible even though this game has been on my wishlist for ages, and I really enjoyed the first game I probably won't complete this one anytime soon.

I would like a new game

• Like 1

Tearaway Unfolded platinum done! A hidden gem imo ?

I just have to say the credits are amazing and the game is worth just for that. The game is different in a good way, but can be annoying at times to 100% a level, especially missplaced gophers ? controls can be funky at times. Overall it's decent and a recommend from me!

Ready for my next one

• Like 2

I think I'm done with Batman Arkham Knight for now. I completed the game with all side missions and collectibles, and I finished 11/16 DLC packs. I'll go back and do NG+ and the rest of the challenges at a later date. I really enjoyed the game but the amount of challenges you have to do to get 100% is starting to ruin it for me.

Time to play something different. ☺️

• Like 2

On 9/26/2022 at 3:30 PM, Hitman_Spinksy1 said:

Indivisible plat now done. It was a fairly decent game for maybe the first half, but the combat and platforming got repetitive and obnoxious by the end. Overall though the story was solid and carried the game well, so I'd recommend it still. 

Ready for my next game now 

That was fast! Congrats! That's 1 point for beating the game and 2 points for the uncommon plat. For a total of 3 points!

It's good to hear you overall enjoyed it.

Your next game is... Maneater!

On 9/26/2022 at 8:39 PM, MICSAM89 said:

I would like to Veto The Crew 2.

I've started playing it, but the driving is terrible even though this game has been on my wishlist for ages, and I really enjoyed the first game I probably won't complete this one anytime soon.

I would like a new game

You can't veto after starting a game, you can exchange for a new one without a veto. That sucks that it isn't very good, especially since it was on your wishlist. Hopefully you like the next one a bit more.

Your next game is... Brother's: A Tale of Two Sons!

On 9/29/2022 at 5:39 AM, TheZazuku said:

Tearaway Unfolded platinum done! A hidden gem imo 1f44d.png

I just have to say the credits are amazing and the game is worth just for that. The game is different in a good way, but can be annoying at times to 100% a level, especially missplaced gophers 1f605.png controls can be funky at times. Overall it's decent and a recommend from me!

Ready for my next one

Congrats! That gets you 1 point for beating the game and 7 points for the very rare plat! For a total of 8 points!

This is definitely one I want to check out eventually. I don't think I've ever heard anyone say it's bad.

Your next game is... Minit!

On 9/30/2022 at 11:33 PM, Mystvayne said:

I think I'm done with Batman Arkham Knight for now. I completed the game with all side missions and collectibles, and I finished 11/16 DLC packs. I'll go back and do NG+ and the rest of the challenges at a later date. I really enjoyed the game but the amount of challenges you have to do to get 100% is starting to ruin it for me.

Time to play something different. 263a.png

Congrats on doing as much as you did! Arkham Knight is a really beefy game. That gets you 1 point for beating the game, and 11 points for the DLC packs! For a total of 12 points! Normally you only get DLC points after getting the base list to 100%, but considering how big Arkham Knight is, I'm making an exception for it. That goes for everyone else who gets it too!

Your next game is... Uncharted 4: A Thief's End!

And the OP has been updated!

33 minutes ago, ExHaseo said:

Congrats! That gets you 1 point for beating the game and 7 points for the very rare plat! For a total of 8 points!

This is definitely one I want to check out eventually. I don't think I've ever heard anyone say it's bad.

Your next game is... Minit!

Definetly worth checking!

Oh, never heard of this one ? I'll check it out tomorrow

• Like 1

L7d0ecd.png

Finished and platinumed Lost Words: Beyond the Page.

I can appreciate how well written and acted the story is in this game. Both are really well done. But I must admit, the pacing in sections definitely saw my attention waning. I found myself looking at another screen a little too often. It was more of a struggle to get through then I expected because of this.

I can't say that I blame the game for this. Its a quality product for sure. Even the musical score is top notch. I just either didn't connect with it the way the developers wanted or I wasn't in the right mindset for it. I really wanted to like it, but I just didn't. But I also didn't dislike it.

A lot of talent and passion went into it and I still think its probably worth checking out if you are curious about it. You might love it. It just did not work for me.

• Like 2