PS+ EXTRA-vaganza [Closed]

On 10/2/2022 at 11:09 PM, ExHaseo said:

That was fast! Congrats! That's 1 point for beating the game and 2 points for the uncommon plat. For a total of 3 points!

It's good to hear you overall enjoyed it.

Your next game is... Maneater!

I've only heard bad things about this game but I'll give it a go after I'm done getting FF7 for my 100th plat. At least the game is quick if it's as bad as what everyone says 

On 10/2/2022 at 11:09 PM, ExHaseo said:

Congrats! That gets you 1 point for beating the game and 7 points for the very rare plat! For a total of 8 points!

This is definitely one I want to check out eventually. I don't think I've ever heard anyone say it's bad.

Your next game is... Minit!

Platinum done! 

Short and easy plat, not really my kind of game as the timer stress me out ? would never touch it if it wasn't for this event, but read that a lot of people enjoy it so gave it a try and finished in just a few hours.

Ready for a new one ?

Edited by TheZazuku
  • Like 1

Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons is 100% completed its a non platinum game.

It was actually a really enjoyed game the controls to a little bit if tine to get used to, but everything else about it was really good the environmental puzzle were on the simple side but very fun and the music set the tone for every moment.

Games like this were exactly why I wanted psplus service to play the hidden indi gems I may of never seen otherwise.

I'm ready fir my next game.

• Like 1

NOT SIGNING UP
Recommending the following game
1. Eagle Flight - 1 of 3 VR games offered on the PS+ extra. Play as an Eagle in 1st person in post-apocalyptic Paris. Time trials, races, and generally a very chill game.
Single-player can be cleared in under 10 hours, after that there is online boosting. NO AFK TIMER, get a friend or someone else to join your match and go to sleep while you grind it out. ( Would recommend a podcast or some music to chill out.)
A very nice 0.50% platinum with around 20 ULTRA RARES.
https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/5537-eagle-flight

• Like 1

On 10/7/2022 at 9:25 AM, Prometheous101 said:

NOT SIGNING UP
1. Eagle Flight - 1 of 3 VR games offered on the PS+ extra. Play as an Eagle in 1st person in post-apocalyptic Paris. Time trials, races, and generally a very chill game.
Single-player can be cleared in under 10 hours, after that there is online boosting. NO AFK TIMER, get a friend or someone else to join your match and go to sleep while you grind it out. ( Would recommend a podcast or some music to chill out.)

if only i had a vr (NOT SIGNING UP BTW, i don't even has ps plus lol)

• Like 1

On 10/2/2022 at 5:32 PM, MrHealthy said:

L7d0ecd.png

Finished and platinumed Lost Words: Beyond the Page.

I can appreciate how well written and acted the story is in this game. Both are really well done. But I must admit, the pacing in sections definitely saw my attention waning. I found myself looking at another screen a little too often. It was more of a struggle to get through then I expected because of this.

I can't say that I blame the game for this. Its a quality product for sure. Even the musical score is top notch. I just either didn't connect with it the way the developers wanted or I wasn't in the right mindset for it. I really wanted to like it, but I just didn't. But I also didn't dislike it.

A lot of talent and passion went into it and I still think its probably worth checking out if you are curious about it. You might love it. It just did not work for me.

Congrats on finishing it at least. That's 1 point for beating it and 1 point for the common plat. For a total of 2 points!

Your next game is... Astebreed!

On 10/4/2022 at 6:22 AM, TheZazuku said:

Platinum done! 

Short and easy plat, not really my kind of game as the timer stress me out ? would never touch it if it wasn't for this event, but read that a lot of people enjoy it so gave it a try and finished in just a few hours.

Ready for a new one ?

Congrats! Least it was a quick one. That gets you 1 point for beating the game and 2 points for the uncommon plat. For a total of 3 points!

Your next game is... Call of Cthulhu!

On 10/7/2022 at 2:27 AM, MICSAM89 said:

Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons is 100% completed its a non platinum game.

It was actually a really enjoyed game the controls to a little bit if tine to get used to, but everything else about it was really good the environmental puzzle were on the simple side but very fun and the music set the tone for every moment.

Games like this were exactly why I wanted psplus service to play the hidden indi gems I may of never seen otherwise.

I'm ready fir my next game.

Congrats! I'm glad you enjoyed it! That gets you 1 point for beating the game and 2 points for the uncommon plat. For a total of 3 points!

Your next game is... Final Fantasy X HD Remaster!

On 10/7/2022 at 3:25 AM, Prometheous101 said:

NOT SIGNING UP

Thanks for the recommendation! Being a VR game, I can't really add it to the list, since most people participating aren't going to have VR, but hopefully someone who does will see this!

On 10/8/2022 at 7:45 PM, TheZazuku said:

Just a heads up for everyone, Soma is set to leave PlayStation Plus Extra and Premium on October 18, 2022.

Thanks for the heads up! I went ahead and removed it from the list. If anyone who currently has it wants a new game, or doesn't finish it before it's gone, let me know and I'll get you a new game.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, ExHaseo said:

Congrats! Least it was a quick one. That gets you 1 point for beating the game and 2 points for the uncommon plat. For a total of 3 points!

Your next game is... Call of Cthulhu!

Luckily yeah!

This one fits nicely as an October game, been looking into trying some horror ish games?

I'll give it a chance, it's a fairly short one aswell?

• Like 1

On 9/13/2022 at 1:25 PM, ExHaseo said:

Congrats! That's 1 point for beating the game and 2 points for the uncommon plat. For a total of 3 points!

Your next game is... Final Fantasy VII!

Just finished the platinum for Final Fantasy VII.  This was my first time playing through it and I think it still holds up decently well, but I didn't enjoy it as much as I probably would have had I played it back when it originally came out.  Either way, glad I played through the original before playing the remake.  Ready for the next game!

• Like 2

On 10/12/2022 at 3:00 PM, TheZazuku said:

And Call of Chtulhu plat achieved!

Quite an interesting story and would recommend. The game has it's flaws, but it doesn't ruin the story. With mutliple endings and collectibles I recommend a guide if you don't want to replay it multiple times

Congrats! Good to hear it was overall a good game. I've been kind of hoping I get this one haha.

That gets you 1 point for beating the game and 2 points for the uncommon plat. For a total of 3 points!

Your next game is... 11-11 Memories Retold!

On 10/16/2022 at 0:06 AM, WingBingDing said:

Just finished the platinum for Final Fantasy VII.  This was my first time playing through it and I think it still holds up decently well, but I didn't enjoy it as much as I probably would have had I played it back when it originally came out.  Either way, glad I played through the original before playing the remake.  Ready for the next game!

Congrats! It's good to hear it still holds up decently well. I've always been kind of curious what it would be like for someone playing it for the first time today.

That gets you 1 point for beating the game and 2 points for the uncommon plat. For a total of 3 points!

Your next game is... Chicken Police!

• Like 2

5 hours ago, ExHaseo said:

Congrats! Good to hear it was overall a good game. I've been kind of hoping I get this one haha.

Your next game is... 11-11 Memories Retold!

Hehe, soon. 

Another unknown game for me, only seen it mentioned here by other people who got it.

• For each consecutive game you beat without swapping, you get bonus points. For every game after the third one, you get 2 points. Once you get to 5 in a row, you get 3 points, and once you get to 10 in a row, you get 4 points.

Chtuhlu was my 4th game in a row, if this rule still applies. Not sure if you got an easy way to track this on your side.

Did Ghost of Tsushima, Tearaway unfolded, Minit and Cthulu

Edited by TheZazuku
  • Like 1

On 10/18/2022 at 4:09 AM, TheZazuku said:

Hehe, soon. 

Another unknown game for me, only seen it mentioned here by other people who got it.

• For each consecutive game you beat without swapping, you get bonus points. For every game after the third one, you get 2 points. Once you get to 5 in a row, you get 3 points, and once you get to 10 in a row, you get 4 points.

Chtuhlu was my 4th game in a row, if this rule still applies. Not sure if you got an easy way to track this on your side.

Did Ghost of Tsushima, Tearaway unfolded, Minit and Cthulu

Sorry about that! Your points have been fixed in the OP, and I've made a note. Thanks for letting me know!

Everyone be sure to call me out like this if I mess something up. This event has a lot to keep track of and I am for sure going to mess up sometimes.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ExHaseo said:

Sorry about that! Your points have been fixed in the OP, and I've made a note. Thanks for letting me know!

Everyone be sure to call me out like this if I mess something up. This event has a lot to keep track of and I am for sure going to mess up sometimes.

Nice! No worries, I'm sure others will help out too if they see you miss something.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Chicken Police beat and platinum. 4th game in a row without vetoes for me. 

Really surprised at how much I liked this one since point and click adventure games/visual novels aren’t usually genres I like. Game has a really cool style and good story.  

I’m ready for the next game!

Edited by WingBingDing
  • Like 1

On 11/11/2022 at 0:24 AM, WingBingDing said:

Chicken Police beat and platinum. 4th game in a row without vetoes for me. 

Really surprised at how much I liked this one since point and click adventure games/visual novels aren’t usually genres I like. Game has a really cool style and good story.  

I’m ready for the next game!

Congrats! I'm glad you enjoyed it!

That gets you 2 points for beating the game and 2 points for the uncommon plat. For a total of 4 points!

And your next game is... Ghost Runner!

On 11/11/2022 at 11:25 AM, TheZazuku said:

11-11 memories retold plat achieved! Tha game isn't to bad just feel it could've been better without all the collectibles and endings. Loved the music thou!

Ready for my next one!

Congrats! The collectibles are the reason I still haven't started it, everyone that's had it has talked about it dragging it down so far.

That gets you 2 points for beating the game and 2 points for the uncommon plat. For a total of 4 points!

Your next game is... Days Gone!

On 11/11/2022 at 1:56 PM, Hurricane_Tanya said:

@ExHaseo I’m sorry, I tried to get on with my game, Death end re; Quest, but I’ve just found it a slog that I’ve had to force myself to play. I’m going to give up on it, could I have a new game please?

I wish I’d given up on it much sooner

No worries, I completely understand. I'm doing the same with my current game.

Your next game is... Knack!

After like 2 months of just staring at it and dreading the collectibles, I've decided to veto my game.

And got... Final Fantasy XII: The Zodiac Age! I've been debating whether or not to play this again or not (I originally got it on PS2 and then Switch), and it looks like I am.

I'll be updating the thread soon, hopefully tomorrow, but this weekend at the latest.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ExHaseo said:

Congrats! The collectibles are the reason I still haven't started it, everyone that's had it has talked about it dragging it down so far.

Your next game is... Days Gone!

Really wanted to like it, and I somewhat do, but collectibles?

Oh, another game I probably wouldn't play if it wasn't for this event. Need to clean up at least 1 of my current games before jumping into this one.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ExHaseo said:

Congrats! I'm glad you enjoyed it!

And your next game is... Ghost Runner!

I've wanted to check this one out for a while but I'm slightly nervous that I won't have the skill to get the platinum haha.

• Like 1

I'd like to join. My recommendations:

428 Shibuya Scramble
Bound

I've also got a question about the veto process - I see Ys IX is in the list, if for example it was chosen for me but I hadn't done Ys VIII yet, would I be able to change it to the earlier game?

• Like 1

On 11/17/2022 at 8:05 AM, Mesopithecus said:

After 3+ months, I finally finished my first game Ys IX: Monstrum Nox.

I really enjoyed my time with it, and liked it WAY better than Lacrimosa of Dana.  Hopefully the next game picked for me won't take me so long to finish (working 6 days a week kind of got in the way of my gaming time)

Congrats! I'm glad you enjoyed it! I liked it a lot more than Lacrimosa of Dana too. I just really liked all the movement options, it made the game feel so much quicker.

Your next game is... Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night!

On 11/17/2022 at 8:08 AM, madbuk said:

I'd like to join. My recommendations:

428 Shibuya Scramble
Bound

I've also got a question about the veto process - I see Ys IX is in the list, if for example it was chosen for me but I hadn't done Ys VIII yet, would I be able to change it to the earlier game?

Welcome! They've been added to the list!

Yeah I don't see a problem with that, as long as it's a somewhat direct sequel like that. Just let me know if something like that pops up if you'd like to do that. Switching from FFX to FFVII would be different though, since they're completely different characters, story, world, etc.

Your first game is... Trials of Mana!

And the OP has been updated!

• Like 1