PS+ EXTRA-vaganza [Closed]

On 12/25/2022 at 4:19 PM, willythom88 said:

Ok @ExHaseo Lost Words is in the bag.  Platted it; if anyone is curious, it's actually a pretty solid game.

What's next??

Congrats! That gets you 1 point for beating the game and 1 point for the common plat, for a total of 2 points!

Your next game is... Guardians of the Galaxy!

I'm so sorry it took so long to get you a new game, I somehow missed the notification. x_x

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ExHaseo said:

Congrats! That gets you 1 point for beating the game and 1 point for the common plat, for a total of 2 points!

Your next game is... Guardians of the Galaxy!

I'm so sorry it took so long to get you a new game, I somehow missed the notification. x_x

You're fine, computers will computer.  Also, love the choice, ty!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/20/2022 at 11:13 PM, ExHaseo said:

Welcome back!

Your new game is... inFamous: First Light!

Just finished it! Honestly it was pretty fun, especially the arena (surprisingly), even though I didn't really enjoy Second Son. Loved that it was a bit shorter too. Ready for a new one @ExHaseo!

Edited by shxrpay

• 5 months later...

I thought this challenge/event was a great idea and got me to try stuff I normally wouldn't have.  If we were to resurrect it, maybe it could include the premium tier?  

On the other hand, It will be tough to fully commit to this again this year with all of the great new releases we have had recently.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/1/2023 at 2:54 PM, Varhur said:

If we're still doing this, can I reroll Sundered for something else?

Sorry, but I decided to let the event die a while ago.

There were only a couple of people active and there was a good week or so between posts a lot of the time. A lot of people just got a game then never came back, or just did one game and never came back. I'm pretty sure some people were just trolls trying to put bad games in the list too. So when there was more than 3 weeks without a single post and I started to get busy I just decided to let it die. It was basically already dead at that point and it was just too much work to keep up with when there were so few people active. Especially after they took out the "leaving soon" games, and I had to start manually going through the list to make sure nothing was taken down. And also with fewer and fewer people coming in and no one really changing their recommendations, I had to keep changing up the lists to keep it from being too stagnant. The event was getting to be more and more work and less and less active. And unfortunately it relied on people being active.

If someone else wants to take the idea, then feel free. I'd probably participate once I finish up my degree and get some more free time, since it was fun and I played some games I wouldn't have played otherwise. But outside of having some kind of prize every month or so, I'm not sure how to get more people to come in and be more active. I already did my best to make the barrier for entry as low as possible by only doing PS4 games and only Extra games. I only asked that people try a game before getting another one and even gave people rerolls if they didn't like their game too, so no one was ever really stuck with anything, but that wasn't enough. Unfortunately, if it does get restarted, it'll likely end up being mostly inactive again, with just a couple of people regularly participating. Which I feel bad for the people who did participate and were enjoying the event, but like I said, it was just too much work for me with my incredibly limited free time.

• Like 2