PS+ EXTRA-vaganza [Closed]

1 hour ago, Varhur said:

That'll be better, btw, will it be possible for players who already gave their recommendations to add additional ones, without replacing others? Maybe +1 more recommendation per month max, while being not necessary?

Everyone can swap out a recommendation once a month, but no one can go above 2 total. Mainly because if everyone kept recommending games, it would just eventually turn into the entire catalogue.

And Horizon Zero Dawn is now 100% complete! Funny enough, the game chosen for me was Horizon Zero Dawn yet the game listed for me on the OP was Concrete Genie. Well I definitely enjoyed Horizon Zero Dawn, though I could have done without the new game plus trophies. Now I wonder what the next game will be?

• Like 4

18 hours ago, Warpedsavior said:

And Horizon Zero Dawn is now 100% complete! Funny enough, the game chosen for me was Horizon Zero Dawn yet the game listed for me on the OP was Concrete Genie. Well I definitely enjoyed Horizon Zero Dawn, though I could have done without the new game plus trophies. Now I wonder what the next game will be?

Sorry about that, sometimes stuff gets mixed up when I'm updating the OP. Just yell at me if you notice something wrong lol.

Congrats! I'm glad you liked it! Yeah, I thought the NG+ trophy was a bit overkill, but at least it was easy. I want to play Forbidden West, but I'm waiting until I get a PS5 lol. Anyway, beating the game gets you 1 point, the uncommon plat gets you 2 points, and the DLC packs get you 3 points. For a total of 6 points!

And your next game is... The Artful Escape!

• Like 1

I've finished 1 playthrough of Call of Cthulhu no platinum though. There are a few endings and missable trophies requiring full playthrough since there's no chapter select. Still a great game though the story was really interesting and headed a different way than I suspected. I still may replay to get the platinum later.

2 hours ago, ExHaseo said:

Sorry about that, sometimes stuff gets mixed up when I'm updating the OP. Just yell at me if you notice something wrong lol.

Congrats! I'm glad you liked it! Yeah, I thought the NG+ trophy was a bit overkill, but at least it was easy. I want to play Forbidden West, but I'm waiting until I get a PS5 lol. Anyway, beating the game gets you 1 point, the uncommon plat gets you 2 points, and the DLC packs get you 3 points. For a total of 6 points!

And your next game is... The Artful Escape!

Let’s see… I think I’ll use a veto this time. Let’s see what RNG decides to pick for me again!

59 minutes ago, Varhur said:

Why would you veto this

Well, after doing some research, I’m not really interested in playing it. Plus considering the fact that it has a really high platinum percentage, it would need to be something that I’m really interested in playing. So I might as well use a veto and get something else.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, MICSAM89 said:

I've finished 1 playthrough of Call of Cthulhu no platinum though. There are a few endings and missable trophies requiring full playthrough since there's no chapter select. Still a great game though the story was really interesting and headed a different way than I suspected. I still may replay to get the platinum later.

Congrats! You get 1 point for beating the game! I totally understand not wanting to play through again, especially when there's multiple endings and missbles.

Your next game is... Detroit Become Human!

16 hours ago, Warpedsavior said:

Let’s see… I think I’ll use a veto this time. Let’s see what RNG decides to pick for me again!

No problem. Your next game is... Spider-Man!

2 hours ago, Mystvayne said:

I think I'll use a veto on this one. Platformers aren't my thing.

I totally understand. Your next game is... Batman Arkham Knight!

1 hour ago, mackenzie129 said:

Can I recommend Soma (no plat) and Soulcalibur 6? poor soulcal6 gets overlooked its a fun fighter  

Welcome! Absolutely! SC6 really does get overlooked for some reason. I thought it was a solid entry for the series. The character creation was a lot of fun and I liked that it had a lot of single player content.

Your first game is... Final Fantasy VII!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ExHaseo said:

Welcome! Absolutely! SC6 really does get overlooked for some reason. I thought it was a solid entry for the series. The character creation was a lot of fun and I liked that it had a lot of single player content.

Your first game is... Final Fantasy VII!

Just Quick clarification, The OG FF7 right? not the remake?

29 minutes ago, mackenzie129 said:

Just Quick clarification, The OG FF7 right? not the remake?

Correct. Remake isn't on the list yet. It was just added so no one's recommended it.

Edit: I am considering updating the default list each month with new games added though. Partly because the randomizer seems to favor certain games (so many people got Control this month), and to keep the list changing a little bit. If I do update it, FFVIIR will be on there. Given no one else recommends it first lol.

Edited by ExHaseo
  • Like 2

It's a new month, so everyone who used a veto got one back. Everyone (except me lol) is back at three. Everyone can now swap out a recommendation if they would like to as well.

I've also swapped out Control and Injustice 2 from the default list, and put in Final Fantasy VII Remake and Stray. Control because the way too many people got it for a game that was on the default list, and Injustice 2 because I thought it was kind of mean to have such a notoriously difficult plat in such a niche genre on the default list. I wanted to try and mix it up a little bit too. Anyone who already has Control will be able to finish it and still get points for it. And of course, anyone else can recommend Control or Injustice 2, they're just not on the default list anymore.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, shxrpay said:

This took me a VERY long time, but I'm gonna use a veto on this one as well. Just not my kind of game, seems like it'd get boring fast.

I totally understand. Honestly, I tried it on the PS2 and again on the PS3 trying to figure out why it's such a beloved game, and don't understand. I feel that way about a lot of popular games though lol.

Funny enough, next you got... Dead or Alive 5: Last Round! Since you just started it a couple of days ago, I'll give you full points for completing it.

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, ExHaseo said:

I totally understand. Honestly, I tried it on the PS2 and again on the PS3 trying to figure out why it's such a beloved game, and don't understand. I feel that way about a lot of popular games though lol.

Funny enough, next you got... Dead or Alive 5: Last Round! Since you just started it a couple of days ago, I'll give you full points for completing it.

Omg yes, I was literally praying that I got that so I could have an excuse to finish it ?

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ExHaseo said:

It's a new month, so everyone who used a veto got one back. Everyone (except me lol) is back at three. Everyone can now swap out a recommendation if they would like to as well.

I've also swapped out Control and Injustice 2 from the default list, and put in Final Fantasy VII Remake and Stray. Control because the way too many people got it for a game that was on the default list, and Injustice 2 because I thought it was kind of mean to have such a notoriously difficult plat in such a niche genre on the default list. I wanted to try and mix it up a little bit too. Anyone who already has Control will be able to finish it and still get points for it. And of course, anyone else can recommend Control or Injustice 2, they're just not on the default list anymore.

Gonna switch my Lego Movie recommendation to Far Cry 4 then. Knack stays (obviously).

• Like 2

On 8/2/2022 at 0:47 PM, ExHaseo said:

Done! Took much less time than I thought it would, the Combo Challenge ended up being much more demanding than the tutorial, contrary to what the guide says.

Also, odd question, but since I have PS+ Premium would I be able to also earn points by doing the PS3 version? I’d assume not, but might as well ask ?

Edited by shxrpay
Typo
  • Like 2

41 minutes ago, shxrpay said:

Done! Took much less time than I thought it would, the Combo Challenge ended up being much more demanding than the tutorial, contrary to what the guide says.

Also, odd question, but since I have PS+ Premium would I be able to also earn points by doing the PS3 version? I’d assume not, but might as well ask 1f601.png

Congrats! That gets you 1 point for beating the game and 7 points for the very rare plat, for a total of 8 points!

When it comes to fighting game guides, I never trust what they say when they talk about difficulty. They never seem to be accurate. I always tend to have the most trouble with the ones they either gloss over or say are easy lol.

Your next game is... SOMA!

That's a good question. I don't think stacks are a good idea though. Mainly because because stacks could be a bit unfair, because of auto-pops. I know in this game specifically not all of the trophies auto-pop, but some do and the others you can pop much quicker. In the future, if you want to do the PS3 version instead of the PS4 version, so that you can stack on your own later on/just want to do the PS3 version, that's totally fine. I wont assign a stack of the same game though.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ExHaseo said:

That's a good question. I don't think stacks are a good idea though. Mainly because because stacks could be a bit unfair, because of auto-pops. I know in this game specifically not all of the trophies auto-pop, but some do and the others you can pop much quicker. In the future, if you want to do the PS3 version instead of the PS4 version, so that you can stack on your own later on/just want to do the PS3 version, that's totally fine. I wont assign a stack of the same game though.

Absolutely! I agree about the auto pops also, sort of unfair.

• Like 1

Spider-Man now fully finished and 100%-ed, had a lot of fun with it, but it had noticeably faster combat pace than Batman Arkha, so my experience in that franchise didn't result in me being immediately good at SM. It was even the opposite at times, especially in the Hammerhead Fronts and Olympus Bases from the DLC's. Also, I dont think the game needed this many collectibles, but whatever.

• Like 4

I would like to try this out since I just upgraded to extra.

I will recommend Minit which is a fantastic little old school zelda type adventure with the twist being you only have 60 seconds to make progress before you get reset. Its fairly short, can be platted in a few hours. But its great fun, so much so that I have beaten it on Steam and PS4.

For my second recommendation I will put forward Party Hard. It has no plat but Soma is also on the list so I assume that is okay? I have previously played it on Steam and actually bought it to replay on PS4 at some point. Its a fun little strategy puzzle game where you have to kill everyone at a party without getting caught or dieing yourself.

Edited by MrHealthy

On 12/07/2022 at 3:10 AM, ExHaseo said:

Welcome! The games have been added to the list!

Your first game is... Shadow of the Colossus!

Took me some time but finished Shadow of the Colossus. Funny enough had this game on my backlog since it was given for free with Plus some years ago.

I probably wouldn't have started this game without this event, as I never had much interest in it. Glad I got it as my first game, had a lot of fun. Guess that's what the event is all about, trying new games you would never had started by yourself.

Overall, the platinum is pretty easy besides some Colossus on hard time attack, with Colossus 16 giving me the hardest time I had with the game. 

I had some glitches too, including a story related trophy not unlocking and a corrupt saved data after the game crashing. I wonder what game I will get next

Edited by maiathewinners
  • Like 1