Nintendo Direct 2/13/2014 Discussion

Parker

So far the only thing I've seen that is remotely interesting is Yoshi's New Island and even that doesn't look nearly as good as the original game on the SNES. Other than that it (from what I've seen so far) has been a bunch of 3DS shovelware. 

Parker

So apparently the GBA games they're releasing will only be able to be played on the Wii U. I don't understand Nintendo, they are releasing handheld games but aren't letting people play them on their handheld system.  :huh:

If the Wii U had been a success, they probably would have allowed it. I suppose they want it to have as much exclusive content as it can get right now. Whether it helps or not I imagine we'll be seeing them on the 3DS one day, though.

Edited by Shadiochao

If the Wii U had been a success, they probably would have allowed it. I suppose they want it to have as much exclusive content as it can get right now. Whether it helps or not I imagine we'll be seeing them on the 3DS one day, though.

I was happy they're finally releasing GBA games.

But I didn't like that they're releasing them on the WiiU :angry:

But I hope they'll releasing them on the 3DS in the future(it was my main reason of buying a 3DS in the first place)

They announced a new Phoenix Wright game in the Japanese Direct.  I would have to assume it'll get localized, but you never know since the last one was digital only...

http://www.technobuffalo.com/2014/02/14/nintendo-announces-new-ace-attorney-game-on-the-nintendo-3ds/

Phoenix-Wright-51-630x533.jpg

Phoenix Wright is coming back to the Nintendo 3DS! Well, maybe he is. Capcom confirmed during yesterday’s Japanese Nintendo Direct that Ace Attorney creator ShuTakumi is hard at work in another game in his popular adventure series.

However, unlike Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney – Dual Destinies, which was a very cut and paste traditional game similar to the older ones, Capcom has stated that this latest game will be something completely different than what fans are used to.

Takumi had previously mentioned he was working a new game in the series, but neglected to say it was going to be a new idea. What could a new Phoenix Wright game possibly bring to the table? If it shakes up the genre in a way that Ghost Trick: Phantom Detectivedid, I am totally on board for a fresh style of adventure.

I am glad I am an ambassador, so I have my 10 GBA games for my Zelda 3DS XL (after transfer) but I want all GBA games on there ASAP.  The one I want the most though, is a Link to the Past.  If they can't give me a 3D classic version just give me my fix and release it as a GBA game I beg them.

I am glad to see WII U getting as much as it can because I love that system and want it to succeed. I wish they'd just put out all VC already, flood the market (both Wii-U and 3DS) and let the buying frenzy commence.

I would have liked it better if it were 8 bit little mac, hopefully that will be a costume skin choice

Little Mac made the stream better

That doesn't make sense to me. The GBA additions are cool, but it doesn't give much incentive for those who who don't have a Wii U. Sure it can boast its library, but putting old games to see if they can become "system sellers" sounds quite dumb to me.

It's like indie games and the recent HD collections on the PS Vita. They're great for the install base, the ones who have a Vita. It's not going to push any systems though for those that have considered buying one. They'd probably say something along the lines of "ohhh Gravity Rush! (Or in the Wii U's case, DKC Tropical Freeze) that's a type of game I won't get on other systems!"

Edited by Blue Flare

I was super excited to see more on Bayonetta 2 and X. Those are two games I'm really excited for.

Also, I thought it was hilarious that they're putting GBA games on the Wii U VC. They know people have been begging for them, so they throw them on the Wii U instead of the 3DS. I'm assuming they did it to try and give people more incentive to buy the Wii U, and it makes me glad I already have one. I just hope they put up good games most of the time, instead of mostly games either no one cares about or have never heard of like they normally do with the VC.

Little Mac in Smash Bros? This can be interesting... Will be fun to try him out.

Kirby release date! :D Finally, going to get this as soon as I can.

Yoshi's New Island looks good, but the original still looks better... I don't really hate the new style, but prefer the old one.

And more about Layton vs Phoenix Wright (for the European stream), can't wait to get this game! :D

And I'm going to join the rest and say I don't really get GBA games for Wii U instead of 3DS. I already have a Wii U, and I love it, but I'd prefer handheld games on my handheld. Oh well, will probably still get them if there's something I don't have yet and that I want to try.