Calm Discussion About the Trophy Set of this Game

Jeanolt

It's a shame that they used the same list again, also Capcomaster is still a Bronze. Another UR.

Also, one trophy is missing, *it seems there's not gonna be bonus campaigns.*

*Edit: Campaigns are still available, they just deleted the trophy related to them for some reason.

16Lb7adb2.png

Trend Follower Trophy • Capcom Arcade Stadium • PSNProfiles.com

Edited by Jeanoltt
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Such-A-Goonie said:

I don't get why these games weren't added as DLC for the first game instead. The whole point is that you have them all in one place. I regularly play retro games with my fight stick, and this will just be a lot of switching games... :-/

Yeah it would be nice grinding for several hundreds of hours on 2 collections of games. Now you need to grind TWICE as much on 2 separate games, for like a bronze trophy each lol.

1 minute ago, enaysoft said:

Yeah it would be nice grinding for several hundreds of hours on 2 collections of games. Now you need to grind TWICE as much on 2 separate games, for like a bronze trophy each lol.

In a way the bonus campaigns was like the only unique thing about the original collection and it was fun playing certain games on certain days and getting more points. However, if that's gone in the 2nd collection, that sucks. Will make the grind even harder, presuming the CASPO crap is still as ridiculously high as it was in the first game.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, aikikalaskamaido said:

Last year many members complained about CAPCOM's poor trophy set.

A year has passed and they haven't improved at all.

Unless you zoom in and squint, you trophy icons almost look the same. Subtly different images from different games only.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, StewartBros said:

Play for 100 hours?

Play any game 1000 times?

Oof.  That's some commitment right there, and will undoubtedly put many people off buying it.

There's likely a game which you could idle, and starting a game a thousand times whilst boring, should only take a few hours at most.

What's more tedious though is the XP grind.

2 hours ago, StewartBros said:

Play for 100 hours?

Play any game 1000 times?

Oof.  That's some commitment right there, and will undoubtedly put many people off buying it.

That's not even the grindy ones tbh. The one for reaching level 20 is one of the worst grinds I've seen in a game. Maybe not the longest, but definitely the most mind numbing. 

• Like 2

8 hours ago, enaysoft said:

In a way the bonus campaigns was like the only unique thing about the original collection and it was fun playing certain games on certain days and getting more points. However, if that's gone in the 2nd collection, that sucks. Will make the grind even harder, presuming the CASPO crap is still as ridiculously high as it was in the first game.

So now instead of 4 hours grinding Caspo and 100 hours afk, if there are no special events in this one thats double the mindless grinding for CapcoMaster. Still have to find the game that has the best end game bonus so a lot is dependent on that. Special events with double Caspo made the first title much more do-able and not a fan of the removal of them.

10 hours ago, VeldinX said:

“Calm Discussion About the Trophy Set of this Game” - the new name for Trophy Thoughts! 1f602.png

Sometimes you gotta be original lol?

8 hours ago, NMErickson said:

So now instead of 4 hours grinding Caspo and 100 hours afk, if there are no special events in this one thats double the mindless grinding for CapcoMaster. Still have to find the game that has the best end game bonus so a lot is dependent on that. Special events with double Caspo made the first title much more do-able and not a fan of the removal of them.

Yeah, I don't think is "official" but taking into account they only changed that trophy is enough to know they did remove it.

Oh wow, the purchasing system on this one seems a bit scummy. On the UK store you have the option to buy ALL of them. Or you can buy them individually. No option at 3 packs this time.

At about 3 pound 50 each. Buying two of these will cost more than 1 arcade archive game (which of course has it's own 100% which doesn't require 100 hours or 1000 plays)

On 7/21/2022 at 3:22 PM, Jeanoltt said:

It's a shame that they used the same list again, also Capcomaster is still a Bronze. Another UR.

Also, one trophy is missing, it seems there's not gonna be bonus campaigns.

16Lb7adb2.png

Trend Follower Trophy • Capcom Arcade Stadium • PSNProfiles.com

I can confirm that bonus campaigns are still in.

Infact the entire menu system is EXACTLY the same as the first Capcom collection, the only difference is that the menu tunes are different. Oh and the games you can play (of course)

I bought one game, Knights Of The Round and was easily able to get 180,000 Caspo points just for finishing the Time Attack challenge (which is infinite credits anyway)

The first game was free with the classic 1943, and you also had Ghosts and Goblins and then later Street Fighter II.

SON SON gets boring pretty quickly, I'm not so sure many people are gonna flock to this collection so I don't see the trophies being as rare as the previous collection. Time will tell I guess.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, enaysoft said:

I bought one game, Knights Of The Round and was easily able to get 180,000 Caspo points just for finishing the Time Attack challenge (which is infinite credits anyway)

So that gives you all 3 of the CASPO related trophies then? 

23 minutes ago, StygianWolf4 said:

So that gives you all 3 of the CASPO related trophies then? 

Hardly. If the sequel works as the first one, you'll likely need 100 million points in total IIRC, meaning there's still many reloads or rewinds involved.

It's miles better than in the original, though.

Edited by Mellenthin

11 minutes ago, Mellenthin said:

Hardly. If the sequel works as the first one, you'll likely need 100 million points in total IIRC, meaning there's still many reloads or rewinds involved.

It's miles better than in the original, though.

I'm referring to the trophies called Good Job, Great Job and Amazing Job. In theory, if one can get 180,000 CASPO from that, then it should unlock all 3 of them (based on the trophy descriptions)

Edit: I tested Knights Of The Round and ended up with 29,000 CASPO from playing the first 5 stages, so that seems easy enough for those.

Edited by StygianWolf4

19 minutes ago, StygianWolf4 said:

I'm referring to the trophies called Good Job, Great Job and Amazing Job. In theory, if one can get 180,000 CASPO from that, then it should unlock all 3 of them (based on the trophy descriptions)

Edit: I tested Knights Of The Round and ended up with 29,000 CASPO from playing the first 5 stages, so that seems easy enough for those.

Yeah just like playing Final Fight, Captain Commando etc, any of the scrolling beat-em-ups when played on Time Trial easily give you around 120,000 - 500,000 Caspo (if an event is on and you complete the game fast and get as high a score as you can)

I only bought Knights Of The Round and it's the only scrolling beat-em-up on this colletion.... I want Slammasters since it's only available on this collection but I suspect it's a bit dull on your own. Wouldn't mind Puzzle Fighter either, since I don't have that game either yet, although it is available on that recent Fighting game collection.

Edited by enaysoft

5 hours ago, enaysoft said:

I can confirm that bonus campaigns are still in.

I edited the post, thank you!

5 hours ago, StygianWolf4 said:

Sonsou gives you the 50k in around 10-15 minutes, but it's easily the worst game to try capcomaster if that's your goal. I'm almost at level 5 but Sonsou is over for me?

Edited by Jeanoltt